**Are Pittsburgh fans now going to jump on the Pirates bandwagon now that they made the playoffs in how many years?
**Brunner 8 Shots on Goal... wonderful. I really want him to be successful. I enjoy watching him... he plays with lots of energy and enthusiasm. Fleury for the Penguins looked solid. Glad to see as well.
**I think the officiating in the league is off to a bad start. Saw many NJ players turn their backs right before the hit; I don't know but it looked like a gameplan which I think is just dirty. WSH is going to be playing for PP's with the 5v5 play lacking and the lethal PP going. Terrible slashing call on CAL's Stajan I think. Owners are so concerned with making the sport exciting for noobs that they're going to change the game that loyalists know
**NJ out-play PIT for 2 periods? LOL. Newsflash - PIT's a team & MAF's part of it, so NJ didn't out-play anyone. All that matters is the score at the end. You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. Fix the 'D' & focus on NYI.
**I was actually impressed by some of the play by the Penguins in their own end. I watched Malkin actually supporting his goalie by pursuing the puck carrier while his defensemen were covering the slot and the front of the net. I don't think I have ever seen the Penguins' forwards play that low in their own zone.
**I have been very critical of Fleury for his entire career...even in the WJC. He looked really sloppy in the last 2 playoffs he was in. However, I realize that his team is designed to score and often times he does not get a whole lot of support. This game was different. Good for Fleury to have a good outing after last playoffs, good for the team with their efforts to support him.
**Pittsburgh completely outplayed the Devils in the 1st, and then the roles reversed for the 2nd and 3rd. The difference really was the goaltending. Flower made all the right moves, and despite the 3-0 scoreline, he made at least 3 game-changing saves to get us the win. Deservedly 1st star.
**A tough start. No matter how well they played, the scoreboard says 3-0 and the Pens get two points. Let's hope for better against the Islanders.
**"Schneider benefited from Pittsburgh's willingness to smother the puck in its end to hold on to its early lead." REALLY?!! c'mon NHL.com couldn't just give the Devils credit for outplaying your favorite team for 2/3 of the game?
**Wow PDB can't go one full game without messing with the lines. You know what Pete chemistry isn't always instant, sometimes it has to grow from being together awhile! That was so frustrating last year, Just keep a line together longer than a few shifts and see what develops. And working through a game like last night is exactly what can bring certain lines together.
**i dont care what anyone says Fleury your awesome good game. hey let talk about goalie failure??? miller?Lundqvist?price? it dont mather who you are u cant win the cup every year...
**Plus the Devils dominated a lot of that game. Pens started and finished strong but Devils really clamped down and took them out of it in the middle we just didn't bury shots. In the end I like our lines top to bottom even without Kovi. Tonight just wasn't our night.
**Loved Brunner baby! He comes with the Swiss mentality we're less skilled just get the puck on net. I heard a lot of guys didn't like that in Detroit but oh well. They should of worried out their blue line rather then a hard working kid like Brunner's shots. As for the Devils please get Salvador and Volchenkov out of the lineup. This isn't an old man NHL we need Urbom and Gelinas up with the big club.
**Fleury did have an excellent game but I'm not dismissing last year just yet. He normally always has a very strong regular season. It's the playoffs is where his performance is where it's going to matter. For me this is his last chance to prove he can still be the goalie the Pens need come playoffs.
**I hope you will not be too hard with him when he will probably fail again in the playoffs and ruin P's season, he did really good tonight and I am happy for him bu remember he is msot likely good during regular season it was never really the problem with him, playoffs well different story...
**Fleury played tough tonight, Devils had plenty of opportunity in the third and he stood tall even on the penalty shot. Pens offense got way too relaxed in the third until the Adams goal. They need to learn to keep the pressure on and put the game away.
**Devils had a weak preseason schedule and a week off. Cory had the jitters maybe rust, the Devils defense definitely had rust but once warmed up outshot the Pens, couldn't score because Flower had a random good game after a long streak of looking like swiss cheese. 1st time in 19 seasons Marty didn't start the season opener, for obvious reasons, but it's 1 of 82 games. Devils will bounce back, next game Schneider has he will probably stand on his head like he did in the preseason.
**Brunner 8 Shots on Goal... wonderful. I really want him to be successful. I enjoy watching him... he plays with lots of energy and enthusiasm. Fleury for the Penguins looked solid. Glad to see as well.
**I think the officiating in the league is off to a bad start. Saw many NJ players turn their backs right before the hit; I don't know but it looked like a gameplan which I think is just dirty. WSH is going to be playing for PP's with the 5v5 play lacking and the lethal PP going. Terrible slashing call on CAL's Stajan I think. Owners are so concerned with making the sport exciting for noobs that they're going to change the game that loyalists know
**NJ out-play PIT for 2 periods? LOL. Newsflash - PIT's a team & MAF's part of it, so NJ didn't out-play anyone. All that matters is the score at the end. You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. Fix the 'D' & focus on NYI.
**I was actually impressed by some of the play by the Penguins in their own end. I watched Malkin actually supporting his goalie by pursuing the puck carrier while his defensemen were covering the slot and the front of the net. I don't think I have ever seen the Penguins' forwards play that low in their own zone.
**I have been very critical of Fleury for his entire career...even in the WJC. He looked really sloppy in the last 2 playoffs he was in. However, I realize that his team is designed to score and often times he does not get a whole lot of support. This game was different. Good for Fleury to have a good outing after last playoffs, good for the team with their efforts to support him.
**Pittsburgh completely outplayed the Devils in the 1st, and then the roles reversed for the 2nd and 3rd. The difference really was the goaltending. Flower made all the right moves, and despite the 3-0 scoreline, he made at least 3 game-changing saves to get us the win. Deservedly 1st star.
**A tough start. No matter how well they played, the scoreboard says 3-0 and the Pens get two points. Let's hope for better against the Islanders.
**"Schneider benefited from Pittsburgh's willingness to smother the puck in its end to hold on to its early lead." REALLY?!! c'mon NHL.com couldn't just give the Devils credit for outplaying your favorite team for 2/3 of the game?
**Wow PDB can't go one full game without messing with the lines. You know what Pete chemistry isn't always instant, sometimes it has to grow from being together awhile! That was so frustrating last year, Just keep a line together longer than a few shifts and see what develops. And working through a game like last night is exactly what can bring certain lines together.
**i dont care what anyone says Fleury your awesome good game. hey let talk about goalie failure??? miller?Lundqvist?price? it dont mather who you are u cant win the cup every year...
**Plus the Devils dominated a lot of that game. Pens started and finished strong but Devils really clamped down and took them out of it in the middle we just didn't bury shots. In the end I like our lines top to bottom even without Kovi. Tonight just wasn't our night.
**Loved Brunner baby! He comes with the Swiss mentality we're less skilled just get the puck on net. I heard a lot of guys didn't like that in Detroit but oh well. They should of worried out their blue line rather then a hard working kid like Brunner's shots. As for the Devils please get Salvador and Volchenkov out of the lineup. This isn't an old man NHL we need Urbom and Gelinas up with the big club.
**Fleury did have an excellent game but I'm not dismissing last year just yet. He normally always has a very strong regular season. It's the playoffs is where his performance is where it's going to matter. For me this is his last chance to prove he can still be the goalie the Pens need come playoffs.
**I hope you will not be too hard with him when he will probably fail again in the playoffs and ruin P's season, he did really good tonight and I am happy for him bu remember he is msot likely good during regular season it was never really the problem with him, playoffs well different story...
**Fleury played tough tonight, Devils had plenty of opportunity in the third and he stood tall even on the penalty shot. Pens offense got way too relaxed in the third until the Adams goal. They need to learn to keep the pressure on and put the game away.
**Devils had a weak preseason schedule and a week off. Cory had the jitters maybe rust, the Devils defense definitely had rust but once warmed up outshot the Pens, couldn't score because Flower had a random good game after a long streak of looking like swiss cheese. 1st time in 19 seasons Marty didn't start the season opener, for obvious reasons, but it's 1 of 82 games. Devils will bounce back, next game Schneider has he will probably stand on his head like he did in the preseason.
RSS Feed
Twitter
Posted in
0 comments:
Post a Comment