Sunday, October 20, 2013

**Well first of all it's God. Secondly, it depends on which stats you look at. There is Brodeurs' three Stanley Cups, two Olympic gold medals, one Calder, and four Vezinas. Plus the dude is 41. On the flipside, we have Roys' Three Conn Smythes, three Vezinas, four cups. Pretty even if you ask me.

**Actually, you don't need to capitalize it if it is "A" god. But if you are talking about God, then you must capitalize. ... Someone's gotta watch the Nazis.

**At least Roy fought two different Detroit goalies, say that for Brodeur... Looking forward to Tonight's game, go Wings!

**Well to be fair you guys were throwing games last year for the draft pick. Had the talent for the playoffs last year so its no wonder you guys are doing well this year.

**Wow, a touch sour Mr Tazerr? In all fairness to the Avalanche, we couldn't have thrown a game if we wanted to do so!! The chances were we'd win the games we didn't wish to win, etc.. Especially coming from a Calgary fan.. I should be hurt.. Somehow.. I'm just not. Enjoy our old boys.. A few we'd have given for free plus picks. GO AVS!

**Roy has been saying that great teams are ones who even on their worst night can pull together and find a way to win. Last night wasn't our best showing by far, but we came out with a win. That says a lot even if we are only 6 games into the season. Bottom line, no doubt the Avs could have played better but we found a way to win and that is what great teams do. GO AVS!

**I'm really happy with the win but it seems to me the Avs were playing a little to much in their own end. In my opinion the best defensive effort so far this year from the Avs came when they played the Nashville Predators at the beginning of the season. If they could get back to playing defense like they did in that game, I think they could have a chance of beating Detroit on Thursday.

**Pumped the avalanche are actually playing well. Love this team. My family used to live right outside Denver when we first moved here. Team has an awesome fanbase, really passionate about the sport. Plus, Roy is their coach. Hoping they keep this play up, would love to see them in SCF.

**Seriously? Denver has the most bandwagon hockey fans ever. Nobody goes to the games unless they've been winning or they're playing Detroit. I wish them well but they've made the playoffs once in the last five years. As an 8 seed. Don't get your hopes up.

**Yes "apparently"... and the rest of teams they played. I guarantee the next meeting with the Ducks won't go down the same way. Ducks have a tendency of remembering who lit up the spark under them.

**This is not the rivalry it once was partly because they haven't met in the playoffs for so long - BUT it would be cool to see the Red Wings make Mike Vernon an "Honorary" head coach and then let him and Roy fight again in their suits - just for fun.

**they are also in different Conferences now which pretty much kills what little was left of the "rivalry". I'm an Avs fan and the Avs have been so poor for so much of the last half decade and Detroit has continued being Detroit (though I feel the teams fortunes are finally beginning to fade) that any rivalry talk is purely the two fan-bases dislike for the other franchise.

**I can't believe my first comment was moderated for having a word that begins with s and rhymes with ducked. Ridiculous NHL.com.

**I watch all Colorado games anyway, but Avs/ Stars games just became "cancel any and all plans" type games. Best I've seen this year!

**This game between the Wings and Avs not like all the rest of the games aren't this one is even more special. Not only with this win Roy is 6-0 and has tied the NHL record for the best start as a new coach with Mario Tremblay (Coach of the Habs) but Roy was in net for the habs when the lost their worst game 11-1 Roy was in for 9 goals and Tremblay kept him in. The team they lost. to, Detroit Red Wings. Thursday game against the Red Wings will be a awesome payback.

**I hated seeing him go but he wouldn't fit into our lineup he not gritty enough for our fourth line and that means either sending down McGinn, Tanguay, or MacKinnon or putting Dukie in the AHL. In the end you have to put sentimentality aside and put out the best possible team.

**Not saying I would have done it any different, I was just wondering if he went back to play in Europe or anything. I'd like to know if I have an excuse to pick up another #23 jersey.

**I was thinking the same thing. Nobody has mentioned him and it is very frustrating that such an important player on our team has silently disappeared without a word. I'll always remember Forsberg out for most of the playoffs in 01 and what line stepped up to win the cup? Hejduk could hit a dime out of your hand from center ice and he will be missed. So sad he had to leave on bottom with Sacco as coach instead of being allowed to be part of the new Roy era.

**So excited for Thursday. A good Avs team vs. A good Red Wings team! I'll admit I'm a bit intimidated with how well the Avs have been playing! going to be a lot of fun to watch!

**I think Matty should have been given the "C". Dude gets better and better every year along with his maturity. ROR doesnt have a great team mentality and he showed that when he held out last year because he didnt get the "C". Either way though, Landy def shouldnt have gotten it, I honestly think its what is holding him back right now, to much pressure with it.

**I think it is funny that fans try to figure out who the captain should be. We don't know what happens inside the locker room or with any of the players. Landy probably made the play of the game last night when he beat out that icing call with 16 seconds left. The kid works hard and obviously earned the "C".

**Landy has been a captain for almost every team he has been in since he was what? 15-16? You can't possibly say that Duchene is a better leader than Landeskog. Duchy might put up more point than Landeskog but Landeskog is in on every situation.

**Duchene gets better and better every year. But the biggest thing about him is he tries and tries harder every year. The point is, there were several guys that should have been made captain before Gabe was even considered.

**Well Maybe Duchene didn't want to be Captain. For all we know, they Duchene could have been asked to be Captain but he could have declined. I think It was a good idea putting Landeskog as captain. Landeskog has been a captain for basically his whole hockey career, he was captain for the kitchener rangers and team sweden in the Juniors

**He's consistently creating chances and in every game too. I am thoroughly impressed by him, especially after last season when everyone was giving him a hard time because how his contract negotiations went.

**lots of different factors, quality of the "shots" and power plays. Avs were on the PK 4 times to Dallas's one time in the second period. but yeah I'm an Avs fan and I don't like to see them getting out shot like this just can't keep winning this way + it leads to bad habbits. the Leafs always seemed to win games when they got out shot but lose when they were the ones getting more shots. just give it some times boys, Leafs finally made the playoffs last year and Avs are very young with loads of potential on offense just need a true #1 Dman. both these teams reminding me of Chicago's early days before the cups - good sign for both teams



0 comments:

Post a Comment