Saturday, October 26, 2013

**We played a great game last night. A well needed win. Marty played fantastic and showed Oates that he really deserves that spot on second line. I think Grabo played well on third line and it will definitely help him adjust to the system more easily. Laich played great at center last night and I love the second line- great chemistry. Holtby played stellar, with some unreal saves out there- i would say he's back, but he never left :). Hopefully we can carry this momentum up to Winnipeg and get a win there. LETS GO CAPS!!!!!!!!

**totally agree. Last time people wrote about Erat's 8 minutes for game and his line. Now he has enough time, he is in the second line and we see the result.

**Can't help but notice Dubinsky was in the box for both Capitals PPG's. Then at the end he got totally unglued and earned himself an early shower. That's the kind of "oopsie" that gets the creative fans surfing over to Greyhound and seeing when the next bus to Springfield would have been...

**I'd still keep the lines as they are but put grabo in 2nd and Brooks in the middle of 3rd, that way we could use grabo right and would have maybe the best 3rd line center in the league. Anyway, as long as they're working like this I have no problem to keep the lines intact.

**Grabo on the 3rd line isnt really using him wrong when he was on Toronto the 3rd line is a checking line playing against the other teams best lines.. In washington the 3rd line is intended as another scoring line.. Oates doesn't overly believe in line matching

**Nice to see Erat do what he can, its such a mistake to put him on the fourth line. I dont even like him that much but you cant deny he has been a consistent scorer on a Nashville team that doesnt score. Good for him. Also nice to see Holtby play well, good for him. And good for me too because hes on my fantasy team :)

**I don't think that this start is going to define the Blue Jackets' season. However, it is still to be decided which half of last year was a flu.ke for Columbus. If Bob and the Jackets did it once, they can do it again; the issue is, it's not a matter of what they CAN do. It's what they DO do. Hopefully what they do is bounce back from this losing streak and make the playoffs!

**There is no doubt that Erat is a top-6 forward. I understand Oates was hoping Wilson will surge early and having veteran player on the "4th line" could make them terrific and a surprise force. What I don't understand is why he sent Grabovski down to the 3rd line and not Brouwer. I am not an expert by any stretch, but my feeling was the problem was not Grabo, but Brouwer/Laich. To those who tend to have warm feelings towards players who played for Caps in the past (I do), Mike Ribeiro just scored second goal of the night against Detroit.

**Nice to see erat finally proved Oates wrong. Still painful to watch Marcus Johansson on the first line. Move erat up one more line and then you have a solid team. Put Grabovski on the wing.

**He gets knocked off the puck way too easily. There were a number of times last night where he would be in the corner or breaking the puck out and he would either be checked off the puck or just let a weak shot or pass go. Last night he definitely played better than he normally does, but I think he would do better on 3rd line.

**Yes. Grabovski played with Ward and Chimmer, Erat played second line with Laich and Brouwer. Erat was the best player on the ice today after Holtby; an absolute monster on both ends of the ice. Everything from backchecking to zone entries to passing... just superb all around.

**Eh, Ovechkin has said that he and Mojo uses hand signals on the ice to switch up in game to make the line more unpredictable. I admit his zone starts was weird against the Rangers but I have no problem playing him less when the team is winning, nor do I have a problem giving him more defensive responsibility to develop his two way game if we're up by more than 1 goal.



0 comments:

Post a Comment