Tuesday, October 22, 2013

**That WAS a great game. Good times in Pittsburgh. I miss Torts. Crosby unstoppable as greatest player in the world. He's just unreal.

**Sweet game! Very even and exciting, good hockey from both teams.I need more of these afternoon games, starting time was 19:00 over here :-) (Netherlands)I would give my right pinky just to see a live game in Consol once.

**So who is Pittsburgh playing in the first 2 rounds of the playoffs? This divisional doodoo is going to put the Pens in the Conference Finals automatically

**best afternoon game ive ever watched. usually afternoon games are sluggish, not this one. it had it all. the canucks might have outshot the pens, but that's just cause they were shooting from everywhere, hence the goal from mid ice. im glad fluery didn't let that effect his play the rest of the way. pretty even game. I love hockey! Crosby is a beast and malkin is awesome, anybody see his interview after the game, classic malkin

**I hope Maatta stays in the bigs too but when Letang is ready its going to be Maatta, Engelland or Bortuzzo that have to leave. Despres is sitting down there to when i think he should be on the big club. Nice problem to have........ too many D men. We need a trade for a good pick and some salary cap room :) Engelland, Bortuzzo or Niskanen are at the top of my list.

**Is it wrong that I'd rather Letang be traded for a king's ransom? The defense has been playing incredibly well and I just think that adding Letang would hinder the unit. Even Letang has been pushing for Maatta to stay. That just creates a problematic logjam. Orpik and Martin have proven themselves to be an effective shutdown unit. Scuderi and Niskanen are a combined +15 and are playing incredibly well together. Maatta and Bortuzzo are looking like a very competent and solid defensive pairing who play smart. We need defensive smarts more than points. Pens have 31 goals in 8 games which is just shy of 4 GPG. We don't need the offensive help that Letang would provide.

**Lol, i have mentioned on here before that i would LOVE to see Letang and his salary cap hit starting next year be gone and i got roasted for it by everyone. So i didn't bother mentioning him again. Letang for a couple 1st rounders and a solid defensive dman or gritty 3rd/4th liner would be great IMO. Something like we got for Staal.

**Says a Chicago fan, who if it wasn't for a hot start from Colorado has no competition other then St. Louis. Nothing against any of the other teams in that division, but Dallas stinks, Nashville is weak and Winnipeg and Minnesota have decent teams but nothing better then a possible 1st round appearance in the playoffs as hope for this year. Washington, Columbus + NYR were picked by many to make the playoffs, NJ was a possible and we all knew Philly would stink. So to say its the weakest division is BS, yes some of the teams have had poor starts.

**Amazing game ! So happy for Maatta with first goal ! Great job Geno ! Canucks played well, but the PENS prevail !

**I got game center live just to watch the Crosby show. I recommend to any true fans no matter what team , get on board to watch the one that the Gretz said "would break his records,if anyone could"..To do this night in and night out ....just wow

**Amazing game, I thought the Canucks outplayed the Pens but im stoked the Pens still get the 2 points. Good teams always seem to find a way to win and they keep doing it even though it wasnt there best performance. Glad Canucks got a point though, it was well deserved.

**I'm a Crosby fan and I'm not trying to troll, but I did not really think Crosby dominated the game like all the comments below are claiming. It was a great game to watch, really looking forward to the rematch.

**I think that's part of it, though, the reason he's the best player in the world. Even when isn't completely dazzling the crowd, you look at the scoresheet at the end of the game and he somehow has 3 points. It's not so much that he always makes the big, showy plays, but that he consistently does the little plays the right way game in and game out. That's harder to do than most fans realize.

**I think most of it is based on his play so far this season. I really don't think anyone is capable of making the play behind the net against Philly that led to the 3rd goal the other night. At this moment he his on a level above all other players.

**The thing is, he's been at this level for years but most fans couldn't take the horse blinders off early enough to see it. Before he got the concussion injury he had 66 points in 41 games with 32 goals. He was on pace for 64 goals and 132 points (1.60 PPG). After he came back late the following season from the concussion he had 37 points in 22 games (1.68 PPG). Last year he had 56 points in 36 games (1.55 PPG). Now he is at 17 points in 8 games with 7 goals. That's 2.125 PPG right now on pace for 174 points. Yeah, it's higher than usual but to say that it's only at this moment is just not true.

**I know how to make Crosby's production come to a stop... trade him to the rangers and he will never score again! The guy is a beast! 120+ point season? I hope he stays healthy.

**Its funny to see all the bruin trolls on here cause they act like they won the Stanley Cup last year by bragging how they beat up the Pens...The past is the past!! And it doesn't matter what you guys did to us in the playoffs because you guys didn't win the Stanley Cup, and thats the only thing that matters, which in turn makes your series victory against us useless....;) I have family from Boston and they are just like the trolls on here, so I am not surprised

**Generally speaking, I've always found Bostonians to be very arrogant, conceited, and haughty. I know a lot of folks from Boston and I think it's a great city, but the people? I really can't figure them out.

**BleedingBlackandGold Conceding defeat by saying every city has them? Please, save your nonsense for those dumb enough to believe such rhetoric. Boston fan arrogance is on another level compared to any other city.

**Reading your comments Crosby is not the best! Just because he can score does not make him better than anyone! There are other in this and other leagues that should be thought of. He will be outplayed anywhere outside of this league anytime!

**It never ceases to amaze me how someone can watch a player with the talent of Sidney Crosby and turn around and make a statement like this. A player like Crosby only comes around once or twice in a lifetime. True hockey fans realize this no matter what team they are rooting and are thankful they will one day be able to tell their kids and grandkids they were able to watch a talented player like him play.

**Amen Dave, Lars and Anonymous - all your statements are so true he is just a outstanding player and makes his team mates play better because of his skill.

**Do you know how many assists that he has this year on top of his goal scoring? You need to check your meds and start watching hockey...

**lol Crosby's totals would go way up in any other league not down. More ice and definitely the NHL is the most skilled league across the board. There are lots of great players in the league, and then there is Crosby.

**Crosby is an incredible player. For other fans to hate him is totally understandable but when players try to take away from him by saying he whines, making fun of his injuries, or by calling him Cindy is just played out and pathetic. Any woman would drops their pants for him and if he stays healthy God only knows what he will accomplish.

**Time to put in my daily comment about Maatta. He definitely deserved this goal and he is playing like letang should play like with his humangous big contract.



0 comments:

Post a Comment