**So I was imitating Quick last night, and if I was in the Michalek goal situation, that puck would've hit me smack in the face because I was standing up, not butterfly! But then again it wouldn't really matter either way because if I was in goal we'd be losing like 20-0
**Hmm I have mixed feeling about this game. On the one hand, it was much much better than against NY, especially the first period. That's how I imagine Kings hockey. Also, the big guys stepped up. On the other hand... why did stop playing after one period instead of pushing for the 4th and 5th goal? Why do we have to give up at least 3 goals in every f-ing game? How can we blow a 3-goal lead? Why did Quick have yet another blooper? Well but the important thing are the 2 pts. Now the road trip. With all due respect to those franchises, but there are some teams that we really could/should/must beat...
**Well...If you are counting Ottawa as one of those teams that you should beat... I'm afraid you were mistaken, Ottawa outplayed LA for most of the game with discipline sinking the ship just like again st TO. If not for those two 5on3 goals Ottawa should have won without too much of struggle.
**Still cannot believe Neil got a penalty for water squirting. 1) He was on the bench 2) It was water. Weakest penalty I have ever seen. Sens deserved all the other penalties they got in this game but that call was utter bs. Players will punch each other in the face after the whistle all the time and it gets ignored. Refs just wanted to the Kings to have a PP, for which I cannot explain why.
**DISCIPLINE! The Sens were arguably the better team most of the game but going down 2 men twice in the 1st put them in a early hole. Proud they came back though and salvaged a point. It was great to see Bobby & Michalek get thei first goal of the season. Hope Spezza is back vs SJ....SJ? :( I will have mixed feelings for this game
**I think that was the word of the night: discipline. With more of it surely the Sens would have come out ahead. I'm worried about facing the Sharks next. Strong team that is playing really well right now, Sens definitely can't afford to take so many stupid penalties.
**Rough night. First period we got destroyed and giving up 3 PPG for a team that had the best PK last year is dreadful. I just have a question for people that know goalies, when there on the ground and the nets wide open, why is it most of the time they stay on the ground? Like the open net Anderson gave away, it seemed he had plenty of time to at least just throw his body at the net, but instead didn't get up. Greening was horrible last night, should of benched him for the night. After calming down, just glad we got a point, as I thought this was a sure L after the first.
**Why are all these Hockey/Sens fans blaming the refs for their loss. This isn't Basketball where the officiating really does determine the outcome. The Senators took 4 clear penalties in a row in the 1st period. Neil should probably start taking runs at players when they at least have the puck. That should cut down on the amount of penalties they take.
**Someone wasn't watching the game. You can clearly see that on the second goal that only 3 players are on the ice. On the third, the player who received the penalty isn't even in the play when the goal is scored. The penalized player on the OT goal also wasn't yet into the play.
**I responded to Waleed, who stated that three of the goals came when there was three players on the ice, nothing about whether they were in the play or not. I did make a mistake on the OT goal, i thought time had run out on the penalty already, but it had not. So there were 3 OTT players on the ice for that one, not 4. And yes I was watching the game. Oh and the second goal came 2 seconds after the door opened, and the player was on the ice so that was a 5 on 4 goal. The first 5 on 3 was for 18 seconds, the second that period was for 50 seconds. The overtime goal does not count as a 5 on 3, it was a 4 on 3. One person down.
**When you aren't actually involved in the play, it doesn't matter. Might as well be sitting in the box. I don't see how you aren't wrong. Regardless, it doesn't matter. LA left with a big 2 pts.
**I think Anderson is a great goalie! Just looked hurt since he didn't get back up when he had time to stop that second goal.
**That was a good comeback by Ottawa, getting a point in Los Angeles is very important, this is a tough stretch they are on; nonetheless, I won't blame the refs, but the sens players for taking way too many penalties, they are not doing a good job of killing them either (both against the leafs and the kings).
**That was all the refs that game that caused the Sens game tonight. That game should've been a 3-1 game, maybe 3-2 because the Kings probably would've scored another one. The refs that made those stupid 5 on 3's because they probably thought the Sens Army was asleep.
**The bitterness is strong in this one. It has, apparently, lasted a year and a half. I'm not even going to go into the calls against the Kings that started this season off. It would be a waste of time to explain to someone who doesn't pay attention to the Kings other than "OMGTHEYGETALLTHECALLS".
**it's like that every single time we go west, I hate to blame the refs but that was pathetic!! Two 5-3 within the same period!!! If they call them, then they should call all of them and the way the Kings played in the 3rd , the Sens would have had a few 5 on 3 of their own!! But no, never seems to work that way!! Anyway, we got a point and that is way better than anyone would have expected after the 1st!!
**There were at least two penalties called against the Kings that had the whole crowd booing. Not to imply that the crowd is a not bias, but having been at the game, they were pretty weak calls. There was one questionable call against the Sens, but there were two questionable calls against the Kings. Seemed pretty evened out once the dust settled. The refs were a little aggressive (in my opinion) but it was not one sided; both Kings and Sens had questionable calls against them.
**But still, they took wayyyy to many penalties themselves, 6 against the leafs and 6 against the kings, 12 in two games!!!! The fact that they still got a point in both games is very impressive, if they manage to get a point in San Jose that will also be very impressive, but I expect a win in either Anaheim or Phoenix
**expect more than a point in San Jose, Robin Lehner's a big game goaltender and I wouldn't be surprised if he gets the start because of the back-to back with the Ducks. Expect Lehner to push for Anderson's spot this year (22 now), starting in San Jose- Anderson's as good as advertised, but Lehner might even be better (6-5 and moves like a ninja!)
**Way to do what we do best Ottawa never giving up! I'm very happy that we managed a point out of the game but Ottawa really needs to work on their power play...it is weird that Ryan and Milo got their first goals of the season without Spezza in the lineup?
**Quick is leading in some soft goals. I was at the game on Monday, and he is trying to hard and he is messing up. As a Kings fan, we will ake the win, but Quick needs to stop being aggrasives that soft goals are going in or it will be a long season for the Kins. Go kings go!!
**Great game Kings fans! I have work, so I couldn't exactly watch the end of the game, being late. I have to ask, how was it? And to my fellow Sens fans, it's great that we're getting the California swing done early, we're always struggling with it. Glad to see our defense tightened up after that first 20 minutes of painful penalty killing. Bobby Ryan actually showed up :P I guess I'll say my goodbyes for now, Kings fans. It's our turn to dive into the Shark Tank.
**Actually if you go back the last like 2 or 3 years (not counting last season) the Kings usually start out as the best team in the NHL in October and then November/December is when they really fall off then January then kinda pick it up and Feb/March they go back to their old form lol
**We'll take the ROW. I'm not bothered giving a point to an Eastern club. However, there are bigger issues here for LAK right now- namely a lack of 5 on 5 production. I'm not sure that Quick has been over 90% on save pct for any game either. The PP has been the savior for the Kings so far. Even the last "even strength" goal was at the moment the PP expired. The Kings first goal was when our PK expired and OTT forgot about Brown coming out of the box.
**Hmm I have mixed feeling about this game. On the one hand, it was much much better than against NY, especially the first period. That's how I imagine Kings hockey. Also, the big guys stepped up. On the other hand... why did stop playing after one period instead of pushing for the 4th and 5th goal? Why do we have to give up at least 3 goals in every f-ing game? How can we blow a 3-goal lead? Why did Quick have yet another blooper? Well but the important thing are the 2 pts. Now the road trip. With all due respect to those franchises, but there are some teams that we really could/should/must beat...
**Well...If you are counting Ottawa as one of those teams that you should beat... I'm afraid you were mistaken, Ottawa outplayed LA for most of the game with discipline sinking the ship just like again st TO. If not for those two 5on3 goals Ottawa should have won without too much of struggle.
**Still cannot believe Neil got a penalty for water squirting. 1) He was on the bench 2) It was water. Weakest penalty I have ever seen. Sens deserved all the other penalties they got in this game but that call was utter bs. Players will punch each other in the face after the whistle all the time and it gets ignored. Refs just wanted to the Kings to have a PP, for which I cannot explain why.
**DISCIPLINE! The Sens were arguably the better team most of the game but going down 2 men twice in the 1st put them in a early hole. Proud they came back though and salvaged a point. It was great to see Bobby & Michalek get thei first goal of the season. Hope Spezza is back vs SJ....SJ? :( I will have mixed feelings for this game
**I think that was the word of the night: discipline. With more of it surely the Sens would have come out ahead. I'm worried about facing the Sharks next. Strong team that is playing really well right now, Sens definitely can't afford to take so many stupid penalties.
**Rough night. First period we got destroyed and giving up 3 PPG for a team that had the best PK last year is dreadful. I just have a question for people that know goalies, when there on the ground and the nets wide open, why is it most of the time they stay on the ground? Like the open net Anderson gave away, it seemed he had plenty of time to at least just throw his body at the net, but instead didn't get up. Greening was horrible last night, should of benched him for the night. After calming down, just glad we got a point, as I thought this was a sure L after the first.
**Why are all these Hockey/Sens fans blaming the refs for their loss. This isn't Basketball where the officiating really does determine the outcome. The Senators took 4 clear penalties in a row in the 1st period. Neil should probably start taking runs at players when they at least have the puck. That should cut down on the amount of penalties they take.
**Someone wasn't watching the game. You can clearly see that on the second goal that only 3 players are on the ice. On the third, the player who received the penalty isn't even in the play when the goal is scored. The penalized player on the OT goal also wasn't yet into the play.
**I responded to Waleed, who stated that three of the goals came when there was three players on the ice, nothing about whether they were in the play or not. I did make a mistake on the OT goal, i thought time had run out on the penalty already, but it had not. So there were 3 OTT players on the ice for that one, not 4. And yes I was watching the game. Oh and the second goal came 2 seconds after the door opened, and the player was on the ice so that was a 5 on 4 goal. The first 5 on 3 was for 18 seconds, the second that period was for 50 seconds. The overtime goal does not count as a 5 on 3, it was a 4 on 3. One person down.
**When you aren't actually involved in the play, it doesn't matter. Might as well be sitting in the box. I don't see how you aren't wrong. Regardless, it doesn't matter. LA left with a big 2 pts.
**I think Anderson is a great goalie! Just looked hurt since he didn't get back up when he had time to stop that second goal.
**That was a good comeback by Ottawa, getting a point in Los Angeles is very important, this is a tough stretch they are on; nonetheless, I won't blame the refs, but the sens players for taking way too many penalties, they are not doing a good job of killing them either (both against the leafs and the kings).
**That was all the refs that game that caused the Sens game tonight. That game should've been a 3-1 game, maybe 3-2 because the Kings probably would've scored another one. The refs that made those stupid 5 on 3's because they probably thought the Sens Army was asleep.
**The bitterness is strong in this one. It has, apparently, lasted a year and a half. I'm not even going to go into the calls against the Kings that started this season off. It would be a waste of time to explain to someone who doesn't pay attention to the Kings other than "OMGTHEYGETALLTHECALLS".
**it's like that every single time we go west, I hate to blame the refs but that was pathetic!! Two 5-3 within the same period!!! If they call them, then they should call all of them and the way the Kings played in the 3rd , the Sens would have had a few 5 on 3 of their own!! But no, never seems to work that way!! Anyway, we got a point and that is way better than anyone would have expected after the 1st!!
**There were at least two penalties called against the Kings that had the whole crowd booing. Not to imply that the crowd is a not bias, but having been at the game, they were pretty weak calls. There was one questionable call against the Sens, but there were two questionable calls against the Kings. Seemed pretty evened out once the dust settled. The refs were a little aggressive (in my opinion) but it was not one sided; both Kings and Sens had questionable calls against them.
**But still, they took wayyyy to many penalties themselves, 6 against the leafs and 6 against the kings, 12 in two games!!!! The fact that they still got a point in both games is very impressive, if they manage to get a point in San Jose that will also be very impressive, but I expect a win in either Anaheim or Phoenix
**expect more than a point in San Jose, Robin Lehner's a big game goaltender and I wouldn't be surprised if he gets the start because of the back-to back with the Ducks. Expect Lehner to push for Anderson's spot this year (22 now), starting in San Jose- Anderson's as good as advertised, but Lehner might even be better (6-5 and moves like a ninja!)
**Way to do what we do best Ottawa never giving up! I'm very happy that we managed a point out of the game but Ottawa really needs to work on their power play...it is weird that Ryan and Milo got their first goals of the season without Spezza in the lineup?
**Quick is leading in some soft goals. I was at the game on Monday, and he is trying to hard and he is messing up. As a Kings fan, we will ake the win, but Quick needs to stop being aggrasives that soft goals are going in or it will be a long season for the Kins. Go kings go!!
**Great game Kings fans! I have work, so I couldn't exactly watch the end of the game, being late. I have to ask, how was it? And to my fellow Sens fans, it's great that we're getting the California swing done early, we're always struggling with it. Glad to see our defense tightened up after that first 20 minutes of painful penalty killing. Bobby Ryan actually showed up :P I guess I'll say my goodbyes for now, Kings fans. It's our turn to dive into the Shark Tank.
**Actually if you go back the last like 2 or 3 years (not counting last season) the Kings usually start out as the best team in the NHL in October and then November/December is when they really fall off then January then kinda pick it up and Feb/March they go back to their old form lol
**We'll take the ROW. I'm not bothered giving a point to an Eastern club. However, there are bigger issues here for LAK right now- namely a lack of 5 on 5 production. I'm not sure that Quick has been over 90% on save pct for any game either. The PP has been the savior for the Kings so far. Even the last "even strength" goal was at the moment the PP expired. The Kings first goal was when our PK expired and OTT forgot about Brown coming out of the box.
RSS Feed
Twitter
Posted in
0 comments:
Post a Comment