Backup goalie Hutton leads Predators to win
**I live in Winnipeg and I love the Jets, but Claude is a Clod. I remember their first season when Kane disappeared for a month and the Jets couldn't score a goal, let alone win a game while he was gone. The same is with Buff. He's out and the Jets are screwed. It shouldn't be like this. And I don't want too take away anything from the Ducks, or the Preds, but when your team is rested, and you have the best home ice crowd in the NHL their is no excuse for this "slop play" I have been seeing.**I was expecting good things out of Hutton when he played for the Ice Hogs - That's one hell of a goaltender you guys have to back up the already phenomenal Rinne. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Predators do some amazing things this year with those two.
**Going to the Jets game on tuesday! My first NHL Game live. Lol. I got to ask. How many of you get heckled by fans at a home game for being a fan of the other team?
**I've never seen it, don't think it happens much. Better chance that someone will buy you a beer for being a genuine hockey fan.
**From my experience I went to see Dallas vs Nashville in Dallas last year and it was great. Most fans are there just to enjoy the game and have some fun.
**First I went I heard one young guy whine cause Florida won in a SO. While at the game, one guy asked for a photo with me cause he couldnt believe he was sitting next to a Panthers fan in Winnipeg, lol. The 2nd time I went, Florida lost in OT and no one said a word to me, although my fellow friends down in Florida seen me on TV via the Panthers broadcast, which I thought was pretty awesome, lol.
**Jake I have been to 14 different arenas to see the sabres play not counting their own. My advise is to soak it in and have some fun. Take in some of the city's culture and local food if you comin in from out of town. It's an amazing feeling to cheer and celebrate when no one else around you is. Have fun and take pictures its a moment you will never forget.
**I go to Panthers games here in Ottawa with my jersey...about once a season. The most heckling I've ever gotten was being pointed at by a little kid who then said to his dad, "Look he's wearing a Panthers jersey!" in a pleasantly surprised kind of tone.
**he doing well but need experience of course we can a future elite soon imo from Managing Editor Nhl"[Forsberg]'s going to be a real good player," Trotz said, comparing Forsberg's hands and ability to navigate with the puck in space to Jaromir Jagr. "We've really lucked out and made some good decisions to get two young players that are going to have a big impact on our future as a franchise."
**I don't know why the Blackhawks let Hutton go to sign Khababulin????? Hutton was a work horse on the Hawks AHL team and one of the most respected players due to his work ethic. I wish him well in Nashville.
**I like Claude Noel. And either way I can't imagine he's viewed by many reasonable people as a terrible coach, so right now I think our guys need consistency at the helm.
**wrong. He's losing popularity fast and with 'reasonable' people. See article on Artic Ice Hockey where they went about a scientific approach with stats proving he cost the Jets making the playoffs last year. And he proved it again this year by not playing Montoya on the second game of back to backs.
**Its the most impressive article that paints a pretty objective case. So I think the author is reasonable as are many others that have commented with solid arguments. Just look at the boards across nhl.com, tsn, artic ice and other sites
**I wonder if the Jets need a bit more of an inspiring coach - notice that Noel wears the same few ties to his games - I know fashion doesn't matter in hockey but it just shows the lack of creativity or inspiration. He says that players should be able to motivate themselves but to me a good coach can get their players going.
**and I don't really care about what he wears, in interviews they ask him if he have a motivational speech at all before games and he responds that players are professional so they shouldn't need one. I wonder if a different style would get better results for the compete factor
**Second that. He is right that these are professional players and they should work hard no matter what, but to say that is to be somewhat detached from reality. I remember Noel's presser last year after the final Caps game which ended the theoretical playoff chances for Jets. I understand a coach can get frustrated with the press asking silly questions ("what went wrong?"), but his whole attitude was a bit wrong, like he did not owe anybody any explanation as to why his team cannot make playoffs. He is kinda fun to watch, but I wonder how long will he last.
**What's up with tonight's goalies? MC making 37 saves for Columbus in his first NHL game back in nearly two years, Campbell facing 47 shots for Dallas, and now Hutton with 38 saves in his first NHL game? Great night for the fresh faces.
**Hearing this a great deal. How many points do we need before the comments become less dismissive of the Preds and more realistic, like, "Nashville is hard to play against. They're almost always a good team."
**Just haven't seen any consistency from the Jets this year. They really need to work as a group and just avoid these let-down games. These types of games will be the reason we miss the playoffs this year.
**Way to show all that heart Jets in your own building, against a team that played the night before, pardon my sarcasm. This team lacks heart, and skill, to compete every game. On the positive side, things have gotten better every year since they came back but, a performance like this is unacceptable.
**I know it's frustrating, but I think you are too harsh. Maybe Jets need a better system - they seem to be shooting way too early. There is no point in having 39 shots when none of them find the net (Kane's goal wasn't really a shot).
RSS Feed
Twitter
Posted in
0 comments:
Post a Comment