Monday, October 7, 2013



**The Finnish Flash..is a man of class..I remember when I first started watching hockey back in the 80's....I used to see Lemieux, Gretzky, and Messier get over 100 pts in a season repeatedly for about 5 seasons each...when I witnessed this guy scoring 70 goals in his first or second season (currently STILL holds the rookie record for most goals scored in a season and game, I think)....I gained a WHOLE new respect for European players and guys like Naslund (Sweden), Fedorov (Russia), Jagr (Czech Rep), Makarov (Soviet Union), and then Mr. Selanne (Finland)...Those of you who know hockey can't say they do if they have NOT witnessed ONE game played by anyone of these icons...

**Great game by both clubs last night. Ducks got lucky with the last goal and a win, but that's what happens when you are at the right place at the right time. I also want to thank the Jets fans, very classy. I like them as a team and the fans as well. But i just did not understand how they could have mixed up Fasth (30) with Hiller (1)... I mean they were chanting HILLER like there is no tomorrow. I remember when the Ducks were hosting the Oilers and every time Nick Schultz got the puck, the fans booed as if it were Justin Schultz... I mean they were the exact last name with numbers were pretty close as well, so it was fairly easy to mix up, and people taught were were en-knowledgeable about hockey as fans. Just wanted to bring that up :) GO DUCKS!

**It sounded like Hiller to me and everyone i was watching it with, but ok lol. And as far as the one syllable, its pretty easy to hex... for example FAAHHH-HHAAASTH, or when Kinfs play the Ducks we say QUIII-IIIIICK. Sounds perfectly fine, one can manipulate the name.

**When you see this level of class, and this level of enthusiasm for a team that once struggled to bring 10,000 to the arena, the NHL has to be asking itself what took them so long to bring hockey back to Winnipeg. Good on you Jets fans!

**Sorry, as a Pens season ticket holder and a hometown fan I have been so caught up with the Bucos lately I feel bad for asking this question... Why is this Selanne last regular season game in Winnipeg? Doesn't Anaheim play them a few times this year??

**And how was that? Traded to Washington because Mario decided he didn't want to retire after all and they couldn't afford to pay both of them not to mention the fans turning on him because they thought Mario should be captain again and not jags. Jagr got railroaded in Pittsburgh and i dont know why anyone thought when he came back to the nhl he would go back their because we all know thats the reason Pens fans hate Jagr.

**Gotta love it when trolls take an article about one of the classiest guys and one of my favorites to take a shot at PIT fans. Jagr was a drama queen, Selanne is nothing of that sort. PIT has a stacked team, and like sheep, you all just hate the team you're supposed to. I love the Wings and the Pens, because I don't hate teams (to the point of being unable to read an article that doesn't even mention them without acting like a troll) that general opinion and media tells me to. Jagr is a baby and what you call a locker-room killer esp when he was younger. Just wear your white wool and hate the best players that aren't on your team.



0 comments:

Post a Comment