Sunday, October 6, 2013

**I think its amazing the Bruins have been soo good the past few seasons....their powerplays have been horrific. ...But now the Bruins have found a way to consistantly score powerplay goals in the preaseason and regular season....if this continues they are definately gonna be a better club than last year **

**Two words. Torey Krug. The man's name still rings in my head from the postseason last year. Analysts pre-NYR/BOS series: Well both power plays stink so this game is going to be won during the 5-5. But the difference maker could be a PP goal...we'll see. Enter Torey Krug...the PP difference maker for the whole series. Forget Dougie Hamilton, Krug is the real deal.

**wow, Detroit looked so "meh" tonight, no drive, no grit. don't get me wrong, they were my favorite team to watch for many years, but I really have to wonder whether they might have stopped moving forward as an organization and with their vision of how they should play hockey. the thing is, it still looks like Detroit hockey, the way they play, the feel I get when watching them, it just isn't enough anymore for them to be a dominating force. the way teams play hockey has evolved, and I had the feeling tonight that Detroit is stuck in an era of the past.

**What makes you think they stopped moving forward as an organization? It was one bad game. Every team has them. They have one of the best general manager's/coach's in the league. Their AHL affiliate has a lot of young talent and they won the calder cup last season as well. Their future as an organization looks pretty good to me.

**I started watching NHL hockey a few years before their first cup in the 90s. They were a total force at that time, year after year. They've taken a step back since then. I know every team goes through some rebuilding/recharging, but I'm not sure this is Detroit's case. I mean, they do have great players, including who I consider to be the best all around player (Dats) and Z and I like Howard as a goalie. They are sluggish to bring in young talent (which brings energy into the team IMO), it looks to me like they don't really value grit a lot, which is essential to win today. Again, don't get me wrong, the Wings are pretty much in my 5 top fav teams in the NHL, but I wish they would move on the way some other teams did. It's more me being concerned about the team since I loved to watch them play than ripping them, they are still very good, no doubt bout that.

**Meh, who cares that either team won tonight, they will both make the playoffs and both will likely have first round home ice advantage. As long as you enjoyed watching the game, and nobody got hurt, thats all thats important when great teams like these two play each other.

**Man, that Krug kid though....his shot is a beauty. I have an idea, how about Krug for B. Smith? C'mon, the Smith brothers will be reunited and we get Krug. Sleep on it, Boston. On a serious note, I hope B. Smith gets better (which I'm sure he will) and stops turning the puck over. I really do like the kid.

**Seeing B. Smith play for the Wings has me puzzled. How come he gets to play after all his horrible play-off mistakes and now continuing in those mistakes. I mean, there were guys like Gilbert on the market, why not rather get him?

**The Bruins are great! The Wings are my favorite team but i also watch every other game i can (between any team in the league). In my humble opinion...And this may have been said many times already, but why in the world do we not have Nyquist, Andersson, Tatar as our 3rd line? They have a lot of chemistry together judging by their AHL performance last year. That could possibly be the best 3rd line in the NHL! It's a total bummer that Helm can't play. He was the spark plug for the 08' team...but my point is that we have great young talent that shouldn't be pushed aside for old guys like Cleary, Samuelsson, and Bertuzzi. Even though i like those guys.

**Bruins played spectacular tonight. The Wings were tired. They played 3 games in 4 nights, so obviously we had the upperhand, but we played the correct way by not giving the Wings any life. Krug continues to impress and Rask is calm as ever. Great game tonight. Let's go BRUINS!!!



0 comments:

Post a Comment