Sunday, October 20, 2013

**The Wings will definitely have to make a few personnel moves, especially if Helm is back and fully healthy in a week or so! It sure is a good problem to have as the Wings will have to unload at least 2-3 capable NHL players to make the roster fit the cap. Praying Holland figures it all out......Go Wings!!!

**He can start with Franzen. He still has some value. Perhaps a change of scenery could jump start his career again, and his contract alone would free up quite a bit of cap space. Smith, Eaves, and Miller are good trade bait, too.

**I swear, every single goal that someone gets, the Detroit colour announcer says "Wow" Is that the only word he knows when a goal is scored?

**Mickey's a legend but he's not the same as he was back about a decade ago. In Detroit, we are family though. We keep the team together and we don't even like seeing our TV guys go. Redmond will be there until he doesn't want to be. Look for him in the Red Wings alumni game at the Winter Classic too

**There are always a few people every game who complain about something. Please stop feeding those people (posts from last night). They crave attention and have to have the final word. They'll always disagree no matter what you say. They are only here to hear themselves speak. They are like congressmen.

**I know we all love Ken and Mickey on Red Wing telecasts. They are two of the best in the biz. It also looks like Ozzie will be a TV natural. I live in St.. Petersburg now and watch every game on Center Ice package so I don't get any other info about FSN Detroit. Can anyone tell me what happened to Larry Murphy? I thought he was a great fill in for Mickey, and was great behind the glass during home games.

**Last night he was a little biased after the slew foot on Bertuzzi. He just didn't want to see someone get their career ended early by a cheap shot. But generally Mick is more neutral. He played when the game was a lot more open and if someone came after your teammate you stuck up for them. Now you can barely touch a guy and it's called. He is very opinionated on how the game is played now, no matter who gets the calls. He mentions quite a bit if the wings got away with something.

**I don't know how I feel about Mickey, he's sometimes questionable, but sometimes interesting to listen to.. I like Ken Daniels a LOT though.

**I'll agree here - I've heard Mick call out missed penalties on both sides quite often. He'll also say something if a call is weak or wrong, no matter what team it's on.

**Johan Franzen needs to step it up and wings would definitely become a powerhouse. I would really love to see Gustav nyquist on the line with Anderson, that kid reminds me of our magician datsyuk.

**The day Datsyuk retires will be evne more sad for me than when Lidstrom retired. Nobody else in the history of the sport has blew my mind or made my smile more than Datsyuk does I am unworthy

**It hurts losing these one goal games. It's ok tho, if we can keep on playing like this, hopefully we can at least make the playoff.

**You guys played a great game tonight, monster stopped a lot of scoring chances. You dominated at shots on goal and Bob was a beast as usual. No worries, I have a good feeling you guys will make the playoffs this year.

**Really good game on both sides, Gustavsson proved himself after his off year last year. That goal by Atkinson was nice! Also, I've observed that Quincey is a decent d-man, but not 3.775 Million decent, maybe a cap hit of 2.5 mil would be good for a resign, unless Almquist or Ouellet are ready to move up.

**Babs continually made the point last year on how hard the lockout was on goalies, not having a decent preseason. So glad Monster has been able to have a good start, he's too good a goalie to repeat last years awful showing. Quincey is impressive so far, long may it continue!

**Yeah, now that he's not paired with Smith.... I feel bad for the kid, but he's got to grow his own game by focusing on the little things. Hopefully being benched will get him more focused, and he'll solidify his own defensive game first, and then think about creating opportunities with transition and rushes etc. He's trying to do too much, and ends up doing none of it well.Hockey Night

**Gustavsson played a very good game tonight , 2 in a row. I hope Babcock stays with the hot hand for goalie. I love Howie but a little bit of in team competition is good for him. I have to say something about all the put downs of Franzen I just read below , are you guys Wings fans or 12 year old bandwagon jumpers ? He set up Weiss the other night in Boston with a beautiful pass. He scores in bunches so just wait a bit. If you don't know your history go back and watch the Wings last cup winning run from 08 when he scored what, 14 goals ? Making him an integral part of our last Cup, so have a little respect.

**That was 4 years ago when he was 4 years younger and had something to prove. I'll take a consistent point producer over a slow and lazy mule who scores 5 goals in a game then goes cold for 30 games any day.

**Dude, "Ruskie" that plays in Detroit is one of the best players in the game. Show some respect. Plus, you say that as if it were a bad thing. But tell me: is it a bad thing that a person is a fan of two of the best Russians to ever play the game? And on the team that he is a fan of?

**They can't buy him out, but they can definitely trade him. And with the log jam of forwards we already have, once Helm returns, we will need both roster and cap space. Franzen could easily be packaged with Smith, Eaves, Miller, or Tootoo. I didn't mention Emmerton, because his cap hit is insignificant. Unfortunately, the rest of the dead weight on this team have NTCs, so we're stuck with them until next season, unless they, themselves, ask to be traded.

**Respect and History is one thing, winning currently is another. Babs and Holland are maybe too nostalgic at times and he has made some decent plays but overall if you watch him he is lazy. Doesn't even try to win puck battles or hustle down the ice.

**This is the problem with Fedorov91Datsyuk13. He has no knowledge of the game beyond Fedorov and Datsyuk. If you have been watching the game you can see how hard Weiss works, especially adapting to a contender after being on the Panthers. The statement alone that Wings fans have gotten used to mediocrity alone shows you are ígnorant. We are used to success which is the problem with some Wing's fans is they are spoiled. Trust me, I have called out many Wing's players for playing mediocre, I actually agree that Franzen is lazy and shows no effort. Weiss on the other hand works his very hard. Sure he makes mistakes but he is doing very well so far.

**This is the problem with Wings fans. You've gotten used to mediocrity, which is why Detroit will not be the Detroit of 5 years ago anytime soon. Let the thumbs down pour in, but I promise you unless there are major changes made to that second line - cough, Franzen, cough, - the best I see Detroit doing is an early playoff exit.

**hustle alone doesn't make you a good hockey player. Like I said a million times, perhaps it's his line mates - and by line mates, I really just mean Franzen, - and he might actually prove me wrong if he were to play on a line with, say, Nyquist and Abby? But hey, I have no point and I'm just a name caller, so I guess you win.

**I agree a line shuffle as far as Weiss is concerned is in order. Honestly it would be amazing what we could get for Franzen at the moment before people start noticing. Get a forward spot open for Tatar or Goose and maybe get a top D or future prospect in return.

**never said he was the worst, but he's not that great either. Perhaps it's his line mates? Who knows? Though, I'm sure if Franzen were traded and Weiss had a young, energetic, and skilled forward to play with, he may impress me more. And stats aren't a true reflection of a player's value. Hudler has had game-winning goals for us, as well. Are you saying you want him back? **Tine... 1 comment equals most Wings fans? I always loved Hudler, I am glad he is doing so well this year as well. Same with Filps this year. I don't blame Wings for not re-signing Filps this year though because he honestly was asking too much, and good on Lightning for getting him. Tampa is in my top 5 favorite with Stevie Y, Stamkos, and now Filp in there. I would love to see them win a cup with Stevie at the helm. Your Hockey Night



0 comments:

Post a Comment