Blue Jackets end skid with win over Canucks
**good game by the jackets.Grats to Umberger for finally getting his much needed first goal, we all know you wanted it!**Back to back, backup goalie, long road trip....blah, blah blah. Excuses are monuments of nothingness, any excuse no matter how valid, only serves to destroy your character!
**You're not allowed to push the goalie into the net with the puck. I'm not sure why that was allowed as the players obviously pushed him into the net with the puck. Great goaltending on both ends though.
**I'm glad I'm not the only one who watched this highlight reel and that's the first thing that I thought of. Ridiculous. You can't push goalies into the net, out of the net, to one side, or any other pushing. They have full freedom of movement, period. Goalies are the only guys who should be staring at the puck -- and we've seen what happens when guys stare at the puck too much and get hit. Goalies aren't supposed to be subject to contact, even if it's just shoving them backwards into the net. Somebody will tear a goalie's hamstring shoving him end-over-end into his goal and then it'll be a big deal. Tsk tsk. Didn't the league get all uppity about protecting goalies a few years ago? What happened to that?
**Oh Wow are the Canucks ever bad. You have to wonder if they will ever score sometimes. Luongo and Sedins is all they got. I actually feel bad.
**Right before the go-ahead goal was scored, Dubinsky had a wraparound that beat Lack, puck trickled across the goal-line but was not reviewed. Arena instant replay clearly showed it was a good goal. The NHL is a joke.
**How many pixels are available on the jumbotron? On the plus side CBJ had 5 PPs, we had 3 and you won the game!
**I'm in town for three weeks and found time to get to Nationwide Arena this evening, bought some cheapie student tickets and ended up winning a free upgrade to the $100 seats 4 rows from the glass! Game did not disappoint, there's nothing like seeing the puck hitting the back of the net up close, hearing the goal horn try to drown out the crowds cheers, and finally the cannon's victorious boom! What a game!!! I'm gonna be hoarse tomorrow. So awesome!
**Season tickets for the top two rows are $13 each for 41 games. There are 250 $10 seats available each game call the Huntington Green Seats. They go on sale I believe two hours before each game.
**To get student tickets you'll need a student ID from one of the local high schools, or universities (like OSU). Students can get two tickets per ID, so you could get student tickets fairly easily by having a student buy your tickets, especially if they're going in a group so that they can still get tickets with someone else's ID. Also, Ohio State students sell/lend their Student IDs all the time, because they're cheap to replace. So you could always just cough up another $20 to buy someone's BuckID (OSU ID).
**was rooting for the Jackets the whole game. nice pass by Johansen the B.C boy. He basically threaded the needle past the 2 defenseman. Umberger used his speed and finished it off. It was mostly the pass though
**Yeah, I agree. I wouldn't mind seeing Mchelhinney starting another few games. He looked really calm the whole game. Bob has been a little shaky in net so far, so I think a little rest will do him some good. I feel that Mchelhinney deserves a 2nd straight start.
**Missed the game, but as soon as I saw the headline I said out loud: "They must have tried McElhinney in goal." I've watched this cat in other games with other teams in other seasons. One of these years he's gonna break out and prove he's one of the best goalies in the league.
**first thing.. Jackets were a more lucky team. If Canucks had scored from their numerous chances, Jackets might not get back to tie.. at the same time, equalizing goal on 1:1 should never have not been allowed since puck was not visible and goalie was pushed to the goal (yeah, referees did make questionable calls all second period). The difference maker was McElhinney
**Lol easy boys. I was only pointing out it's unfair of chickenla assume playing the jackets should be an easy win. They are not the team they were two years ago. Loving all the Toronto hate though, means the leafs must actually be turning some heads this season
**People hate Toronto because your team gets more media coverage than any other team in the NHL despite whether they are winning or losing. thats it. Its not cause you are good or bad,
**The lack of a backup scoring unit once again hurts the Canucks. Stop the Sedins's and you stop the Canucks in spite of their dominance. As against Pittsburgh, the Canucks were once again the better team but could not score goals to reflect this dominance. How long can this go on?
**So far this season Johansen looks like a new player. In the past, he looked tentative - nervous. The wrist shot last night (after the long, patient drag) and his gorgeous slotted pass through the D to RJ tonight was the poise that a confident veteran shows. If this is a glimpse of what we can expect in the coming years with this kid...wow. Great job, Jackets!
**im sorry to all the classy and in love hockey fans of vancouver, but Shaka2Felt doesnt know anything about the sport and i suggest you to not subject your self to this foolish of a fan. Good luck nucks!
RSS Feed
Twitter
Posted in
0 comments:
Post a Comment