Saturday, October 12, 2013

**Playoff type game for sure, the pace was just blistering. Both teams played well, Crawford and Halak both came up big. This game definitely lived up to the "rivalry" billing. I watched a little of the Senators -Kings game afterward and it seemed a lot slower paced. That was one of the most evenly matched good games I've seen in a while....

**Great game and gonna continue to be a great series between these two teams. and Halak, WOW..... I mean wow, some amazing stops last night. Cant wait for the next meeting. I remember before the season started ppl were talking about the Central being the "kiddie pool" looks to me like there will be some good teams coming out of the central again. Go Hawks!!!

**Despite the loss it was a fun game to watch, high paced and intense. Glad the hawks could score on the power plays, hopefully the pk will become somewhat like it was last season. But the season has just started! Anything can happen!

**It was funny. I had a bad feeling last night. Final 4 minutes of the game I turned and said to my wife "We're losing this in regulation" even though we had the game under control at the time. Sure enough, with 21 seconds left lol. I turned over to my wife and she was sitting there stunned as I just said "told ya.."

**That's what my wife said. It's nothing against the Hawks but I just know them so well. Hawks were dominating the later 3rd period with little to no results and I could just smell that something bad was going to happen. As successful as this team is, this is a typical Hawks defeat..

**Good game that really could gone either way. Halak was great when Chicago got their breakaways and odd man rushes. Blues are rolling early in this season and the Hawks have been decent but I think needed a wake up call after letting Tampa tie up the last game and then losing this one.

**The NHL home page pic; Toews and Steen both are watching two girls one cup for the first time, Toews is utterly disguested while Steen is somewhat intrigued...

**It's definitely a good time to be a St Louis sports fan though. The Cards are advancing to the NLCS and the Blues are off to a fantastic start. Must be nice to be fans of successful teams. *sigh

**That's hilarious that Toews thinks they were "robbed" of 2 points. At most, they were only robbed of one point tonight with the late goal, and you could say they almost escaped with one point seeing as how the first goal was semi-flukey in nature. (Even if the play-by-play announcers want to call it a pass, Sharp completely whiffed on his shot and it fell to Kane). Neither here nor there though. Great game all around.

**As if that was possible to fluke the Cup, you know one of the hardest trophies in any sport to achieve. You my friend are an i d i o t and should maybe consider watching another sport.

**Ever since the 90s every time I think the Blues look good enough to go deep something happens and they wind up derailed. So I'll just say they look really, really good so far and hope that doesn't invoke The Curse.

**Capt. Kangaroo is a really good coach, and they have lots of young talent. Prospects are good. BTW the Canes have the 2nd best announcer in the NHL behind Foley. I like Forslund a lot.

**I APOLOGIZE TO EVERYONE AND THE ST. LOUIS BLUES.I come to find my email is blown up by messages from here hating on me this morning...turns out my friend who is a Pens fan decided to try and sound like a Hawks fan and talk S about Cr@wf0rd but still cheer on the Hawk?. He thinks Craw is actually one of the overrated goalies and I just keep shoving the Stanley Cup back at him. Again That was not me!!!!

**Congrats to the Blues (and to the Cards for last night). This was the best I have ever seen Hawks play in St Louis and usually we would be on the receiving end of the hits waiting for the storm to weather away and waited passively. This game was evened out in hits and speed and opportunities. Final result not desired but could have gone anyway and we have to accept it. Hawks definitely a team that can repeat with no Cup hangover. Blues also going to be contender for the Cup. Wish the Wings were around cause Detroit will have a great season (so will Boston) and they will also be contenders. Congrats again Blues but now Hawks move on to the next game

**My loyalty always goes to the Original Six... starting with the Wings. Chicago played a great game and obviously the Blues as well. I believe they have gotten better this year and they really have some big guys on that team. Hitchcock is a very good coach. Very poised and reserved behind the bench. Two good teams out there last night and great game for both. Hawks played a tight strong game and will remain tough to beat.

**Thanks. I agree. Overall, it would be more beneficial to keep another Original Six in the West. And the schedule of games (not sure if it is due to realignment) appears to have gaps. Some teams play 3 or 4 games over 4 nights and then have 4 or 5 days off... this is not only with the Wings, but other teams as well. Not sure I get that right now. And I honestly like the other standings. Marketing and business, my friend... at least I think that is what it is. Enjoy and the best to the Hawks. I, for one am cheering them in the West.

**There have been lots of discussion about realignment, and I have a few options I feel is very good, although I like the current format better than the previous one (not from Chicago's standpoint, but for the League as a whole), as more teams are playing within their own timezone more than before. That being said, these are my two favorite setups (there's room to change the current setup in three years): Five divisions, no conferences. Six games vs. each divisional opponent, two against everyone else, for a total of 78 regular season games. Four teams from each division qualify. First two rounds of the playoffs are within divisions. The five division-winners will play a single round-robin (two home, two away), giving the five division winners four more "regular season games" for a total of 82, just like now. The two western-most of the top four teams will battle for one spot in the final, the two eastern-most for the other. Pacific Division Anaheim Calgary Edmonton Los Angeles San Jose Vancouver Central Division Colorado Dallas Minnesota Phoenix St. Louis Winnipeg Original-6 Division Boston Chicago Detroit Montréal NY Rangers Toronto Northeast Division Buffalo New Jersey NY Islanders Ottawa Philadelphia Pittsburgh Southeast Division Carolina Columbus Florida Nashville Tampa Bay Washington This is probably my personal favorite, as it would be Original-6 galore! The more logical approach, IMHO, would be to have two conferences, subdivided into seven divisions, where the top two teams from each four-team division would qualify, and the top three from the six-team division, for a total of fifteen teams. The 16th spot would go to the top finisher outside of the mentioned 15. This setup will place this wild-card team against the winner of the Central Division, while nos. 2 and 3 will battle it out. In the other divisions, the top two teams will face-off against each other for a spot in the conference semi-finals. Pacific winner vs. Mountain winner; Central/wild-card winner vs. other Central winner; Northeastern winner vs. Southeastern winner (to keep with the League's "snowbird" philosophy and keep the previous, not current, Atlantic Division opponents intact for the conference semi-finals); and finally Metropolitan winner vs. Mideastern winner. Divisions will be based purely on time-zones in the Western Conference, and on geographical proximity in the Eastern Conference: Western Conference Pacific Divsion Anaheim Los Angeles San Jose Vancouver Mountain Division Calgary Colorado Edmonton Phoenix Central Division Chicago Dallas Minnesota Nashville St. Louis Winnipeg Eastern Conference Northeastern Division Boston Montréal Ottawa Toronto Metropolitan Division Buffalo New Jersey NY Islanders NY Rangers Mideastern Division Columbus Detroit Philadelphia Pittsburgh Southeastern Division Carolina Florida Tampa Bay Washington






0 comments:

Post a Comment