Saturday, October 26, 2013

Power play sparks Flames in win over Kings

**I don't expect the flames will be a playoff team this year, but I fully expect they will play themselves out of a top 5 or even top 10 pick. I don't really mind though because I think this is the right way to rebuild. They don't seem like a team that decided to rebuild but more like an expansion team, that realised it had parts coming from different places and no stars to rely on so they went out to make every game a contest with no excessive pressure to succeed. It's a much better environment for developing players than, for example, Edmonton where young players were given huge roles very quickly. That's not to say Edmonton's system can't work, but I think it all depends on getting the right young players (see Chicago).

**Really enjoyed that game. I thought both teams looked pretty even. Lost on PPGs. I'm pretty shocked how many Calgary haters there are out there. They've been pretty solid against most teams. Considering they were expected to be in 30th. A lot of people chalking it up to luck and bounces. Granted, we're only 8 games in. But how many games can you chalk up to luck and bounces? Also, a little shocked by comments about Quick. The guy has the Midas touch. Anyway, great game. Flames look pretty good thus far.

**You are new to hockey clearly...Have you seen Philly or Buffalo play, there is just no way that the Flames finish below those tragedies that have been passed off as NHL teams.

**It was a well played game by Calgary, they are no longer an easy 2pts as they showed last night. Funny I feel there are a lot of Kings haters, I guess it is all a matter of perspective.

**They're getting it done by hard work; a lot of which comes from their coach's support. Hartley will never stop coaching them this way so we have no idea how their season will play out

**true but the hard work will fade over time especially when they work the way they work and lose some heart breakers like we did last night,..plus there gonna burn out and get injuries which is common,...they do look good though. I think hard work wins cups. but you do have to have quit a bit of talent.

**Hartley really needs to ride Ramo. Obviously he and management have had long discussions regarding their goaltending situation and I hope they were all in favour of giving Ramo every opportunity to succeed. Based on Feaster's comments (I don't remember when) he and the organization are REALLY high on both Ramo and Berra so they can't be wasting their time on starting Joey Mac for the majority of the time..

**As I listened to our local announcers/commentators before this game, they had a certain "high expectation" going in that was sickening me. I just knew the Flames were gonna come out flyin' and the Kings would be drab-at best...no matter what they were told in the locker room. And so it was...the Flames were light on their heals, takin' it to the Kings and puttin' the pressure on. The best way to draw penalties is to out-skate your opponent, and I feel they did that most of the game. Oh, the Kings kept up and are a good team, but they're not so good they can ever afford to take an opponent lightly and the results seem appropriate for this game. Quick did what he could-as usual-to keep it close. In the end, the PK was no longer strong enough to hold back the tide and the Kings simply let down. Great game for the Flames. And Kings fans might start wondering if we can actually beat ANY good teams as the season progresses? Thus far, we're just holding on against marginal teams?

**I've never seen a fan of a team who has won a cup in the passed 3 years to be worried about their team after 10 FREAKIN' GAMES. WOW chill dude your team will show up for over half their games. Its a given with Darryl behind the bench.

**During the draft day, I was severely disappointed that Calgary wasn't able to pick Elias Lindholm. Right now not anymore! Sean Monahan is going to be the future face for Calgary, and he'll be a consistent point producer, even if he does slump. Although I've always been wondering. If Carolina chose Sean Monahan, would Calgary have picked Lindholm?

**Of course I hate the Flames...but they have been truly impressive this season. They are everything the Oilers are not. They dont have the raw talent or the big names (or any names really) but they have hard work, giver and goaltending. I dont know why fate seems to hate the Oilers, and why considering we have a far better (on paper) team than the flames for the first time in a decade and yet we still cannot compete. Anyway, this squad is inspiration.

**I'm not sure why you had a dislike, you're telling the truth. I'm a huge Flames fan and will always be, but I give credit when credits due. At the start of the season nobody knew they would do this good because of what you said in your comment. I totally agree that this years Flames roster is inspirational.

**I have watched a bunch of calgary's games so far and I gotta say I am impressed. On paper this team wasn't thought of much, but watching them play, they play hard and fast and give nothing to the opposition. monahan is calder quality and the team is well coached. calgary fans should be proud thus far.

**Is it just me or does Quick seem like he is just off. I am not sure how to explain it, but he doesn't seem to be well positioned a lot of times and seem to over-commit to shooters and leave rebounds that he can't possibly save. I am not the best at analyzing goaltenders, but he just doesn't seem to be anywhere near that level he was in 2012, and it seems like with his style if you are off your game, you look really bad. I have only watched about 3 games of the Kings this year, but Quick didn't look good to me in any of them... Any Kings fans tell me what they think? Trying to justify trading him away in fantasy...



0 comments:

Post a Comment