Streaking Sharks douse Flames
**Refs need to put away their whistles for stretches of games to allow some flow. No team should spend over 1/3 of the game in the box unless they're taking heads off out there. One night the rink's a petting zoo, the next it's a minefield.**Correct me if I'm wrong. I don't see many games with SJS but I can tell that every year they play really well and all the time they deserve a high spot in playoffs seed. But what's then? Just can not get to the conference finals lately. Whats wrong with you gyus? You always look so solid.
**The Sharks always seem to run into the one team they can't beat in the regular season in the playoffs. Couldn't beat LA on the road last year, and lost all 4 on the road in the playoffs. Couldn't beat St. Louis in 2012, lost in 5. Struggled against Vancouver in the regular season in 11, lost to them in the playoffs. Swept by the Blackhawks in 2010 in the regular season, swept in the playoffs. Everyone thinks it's choking, but it's not (except for 09) it's just that they have terrible luck with the teams they face.
**100% agree. Excuses are lame, but this one is spot on. Regardless of the Shark's record, each year there is at least 1; sometimes 2 teams that the Sharks simply cannot match up against. Our downfall then comes as abruptly as it was predicted to each time we end up meeting "that team" in the semis. This year, we shall see...
**It's WAY too early in the year to be saying that stuff. This year has nothing to do with what happened years back. It's a different team, and they were really good in the playoffs last year, they could and should have beaten LA who were defending champs at the time. They played solid. Most teams would love to have as many playoff series wins as the Sharks have had over recent years, even if they haven't sealed the deal yet. Give this years team a chance to do something before making playoff comments.
**I was gonna say it must be because the Pens had played fewer games so far, but they have the same amount of games played as SJ and Boston (who has Rask under Fleury in the shutout column) has played one fewer than Pittsburgh, also Steen in the goals column tied with Crosby at 7 has one fewer game, so you'd think the tiebreaker would go to the guy with 7 goals in 7 games instead of 8....... I can't argue with what you're saying
**They really are, they've had a great team for so many years but this might be the most rounded they've been in a long time. I wonder how Stalock will do as a backup and the defense probably can't go without Boyle for too long, but other than that it's pretty hard to find anything not to like about the Sharks this year. (plus those new jerseys are really sharp, some of the nicest in the league in my opinion)
**Well, that was frustrating. Way too many penalties, sure, but the defensive coverage on the PK was just awful. You can't blame Ramo for those, I actually though he played very well. Good to see the Flames keeping the spirits high till the end of the game - we could use more stand-out play from our vets though. The captain wasn't playing too well, Wideman was so-so, GlenX was nearly invisible all night. And Brodie had a bad evening - but he's young, still - I don't mind as much. Awesome to see Hudler's streak continue, and another two point night for Monahan as well. There's plenty of good things, excited for monday's game.
**Yeah Ramo has had a couple tough starts, playing 2 of the league's highest scoring teams on the road is not an easy way to re-start your NHL career. I know MacDonald made some big saves over his consecutive starts, but i would have liked to see Ramo start more before last night. Mac made some big highlight saves (like that double pad stack) but also made some mistakes that led to him having to make saves like that (like sweeping the puck out of the crease right to the other team instead of covering up which led to having to make that pad stack save). I just felt like they went to the well a little too often giving Mac that many starts in a row and then throwing Ramo back in for arguably the toughest start of this early season against San Jose on the road. I'd like to see Ramo be put in better positions to gain confidence and get in a groove, he's supremely talented. But there's still lots of time for that this year i guess.
**3rd period was intense. Sharks PP looked amazing. Sharks still the best team in the league this season. Also, besides taking too many penalties and a few other questionable areas, there was a lot I liked about the flames tonight. Hadn't seen them yet this season, but from what I saw, I wouldn't be surprised if they sneak into playoffs at 8th maybe 7th. I will definitely be watching more of their games.
**Uhhh sure hitting Braun in the head was definatly not a penalty and the time desjardins got hit in the face was also not a penalty of the hooking on hertl yep your so right all the penalties were bs. Get out of here kid those were bad penalties taken by the flames and take away all the special teams goals and its 3-2 SJ.
**Alright, so, good game sharks. I did expect you to win this coming in. I watched the entire game, and I'd like to have a word or 2 with these officials. I do agree with the majority of the calls in this game, apart from Stempniak's boarding call, and Gio's hooking call. I really did not like the fact that if Calgary did something, it was a penalty, but when the Sharks did it, it wasn't. I do not think this effected the outcome of the game, though it would've been closer otherwise. Great setups by the Sharks, terrible defensive coverage. Glencross needs to be dealt with. Brodie didn't look good tonight. I didn't notice Hertl much. Is he a streaky kind of guy? Finally, great job by Baertschi and Monahan. Hudler is a great line mate for them. Once again, good game, refs need to have a talk.
**I still think that non-call on the slashing by Hannan where he hacked the stick in half in the middle of the ice was kinda BS but other than that no real ref wrongdoings this game both teams just played fairly undisciplined its just Calgary played more undisciplined
**Hertl is still a rookie so I don't think he can be defined yet as being streaky or not. The way I saw this I agree there were too many calls but that could be a result of the flames being really young. This was a good game and at this point no game should be a blowout. What happened to the rangers was a game that comes around once a season and I doubt the sharks will score 8 or 9 through 6 and 7 are good chances.
RSS Feed
Twitter
Posted in
0 comments:
Post a Comment