Monday, October 14, 2013

**Great and entertaining game. Both teams were playing open hockey. I think Dubnik wasn't on his best letting two very much easy ones under his pads. Anyway, glad for Leafs. Looking forward for our first season game.

**why are you defending him when he is downgrading the leafs by calling them laffs, and since we do not know who his team is how am I bashing his team's fanbase I have no idea who he roots for so that's not even the issue. Did you ever think that maybe I was just curious who his team was since there is no logo?

**Bernier.Reimer is nice sometimes but he's got multiple problems. When he's on, he's REALLY good. But when he's off, he's REALLY bad. Real hard worker though and has overcome adversity more than once. Should be a good battle.

**I've heard Hamilton, I've heard Brampton. . . sounds like sooner or later their will be another team set up. Good news:) The NHL fan base is very strong here. We have already sold out on Leafs tickets for the next two yrs. If there is anyway NHL can capitalize on any more revenue available I say go for it. Another stacked arena will be good for viewers at home to watch. There is already 2 CFL teams here, doing very very well. I say go for it.!!!

**Yeah, the 2nd best team in Ontario beats the 2nd best team in Alberta and you call them winning the cup. Islanders will win 4 cups in a row again before the Leafs win their next one.

**I agree with you. We have started with some wins, and we are playing quite well, son't get me wrong, but our defense has been pretty sloppy compared to usual, and you are spot on with your analogy of us playing "weaker" teams. The turnovers and sloppy defense will have to stop before we play teams like the Bruins, Wings, and Pens.

**well its not like the stronger teams right now are doing all that well, I mean Detroit lost to Phoenix the other day Boston lost to Colorado with a shutout Pittsburgh barely got by Tampa 5-4 Chicago beat Buffalo 2-1 and that's BUFFALO so I think were okay for now....

**Yes Toronto did BEAT them all. Wouldn't you think that part of the reason there records look bad is because Toronto beat them? Without the Toronto games for those teams there record would look like this. Montreal- 3-1 Philly-1-4 Ottawa- 1-1-1 Colorado- 4-0 Nashville- 2-2 Edmonton-1-3 The Pittsburgh Penguins are one of the top teams in the league. Did they lose to Florida a team that is projected to get in the bottom 5 this year? Yes they did. Did Toronto lose to a bad team? No they lost to a 5-0 team and one all the other 4.

**Its a very long season anyone can win a game or two here or there but to put together a winning streak takes a real team. It will be an interesting season nontheless. I noticed the increase in goal scoring this year, the NHL changes to the goalie equipment is paying dividends for the league and fans. More goals equals more excitment

**I know it was overtime, but there should have been a penalty on the play the goal was scored on. If that had occurred behind the play let it go, but not where a defender gets taken out of the play and the offending player joins the rush. Bad non-call.

**You're kidding right? There was barely a shove and he fell! Plus hall had already taken a dive yet they called bad penalties on the leafs that resulted in oilers goals. Watch the game before making an opinion ;) plus that's not franson's style, just a bigger player against a small forward.

**I watched the game from start to finish. He grabbed him and whacked him in the back of the head as he fell. It was a cheap play IMO. Nontheless, great start for T.O. I wonder how long it will last? They have a good team, now they need a good captain.

**it was an entertaining game! defensively things will tighten up throughout the league it has been a common occurence in the NHL over the past few years; Tons of scoring at the begininng then tough defense towards the end of the season

**Leafs are 5-1, they don't even have their full complete lineup and haven't even played their best hockey 'physical, hard hitting, gritty, tons of fights, truculence'. Even the one game they lost, it was only by one goal and that too they had almost won if that player didn't purposely knock down the net. Bottom line is, Leafs are not winning because they are just getting lucky. 6 games in without their biggest free agent signing and are #1 in conference. I have completely even forgotten that Leafs have Clarkson

**Read the game stats , Leafs were out hit , out shot and won 40% of the face offs . The reason they won is the Oilers need a goalie . Plain and simple .

**No thanks. The level of choke is something you guys do best and so you can have that spotlight all to yourselves. The Leafs future is so bright, whereas the sedins will retire, Luongo will get worse as he gets ages more, and salary cap problems will keep the Canucks in the basement for a long time, not to mention their prospect pool is nothing to be proud of. Have fun enjoying years of mediocrity! :D

**You know what the years in the basement and mediocrity are like, being a leafs fan, right? Not to mention you got to be part of the biggest game 7 disaster in hockey in a long time. Elaborate, let the Vancouver fans know whats it's really like!,

**come back when you can actually win a game against the leafs please and thanks. and by the way, apparently I heard this rumor, that the team the leafs lost to in the playoffs, made it to the stanley cup finals. huh

**he got upset and down voted our posts lol. I live in Ottawa typical sens fan jumping into arguement not about their team just to bash the leafs. I think the leafs have only lost 2 of the last 8 meetings with Ottawa, and one of the Sens victory was a preseason game.

**Yeah we do know what it's like to be in the basement, but we are out of it now! That's why I'm telling 0-3 to get ready for the dark years. What's your point? By the way, beating the habs in the playoffs is nothing to be proud of. Any team could have taken care of them the way they were playing towards the end of the season. Then you guys got your behinds kicked by the Pens. The team that WE pushed to game 7 took care of the team which whooped your team, rather easily,and we would have done the same. When you get a REAL opponent in the play-offs then come talk to us Leaf fans, because we know what it's like to work our behinds off to get to advance to the next round, unlike the Sens.

**So many Leafs fans always use the "Leafs beat Ottawa more often so they are the better team" argument, yet Sens always make the playoffs and go further. You down voted my post as well, does that mean you're upset? What a stupid thing to say... you should make an account on NHL instead of twitter. That way people won't know how stupid you really are.

**Let me tell you something. The Bruins were an amazing team for us to face in the finals, last season. We were matched on EVERY LINE, EVERY PAIRING, and goal-tending was even as well. It has to be one of the toughest series I have seen the hawks play, and we managed to grind out the Cup in 6 games. And that Bruins team was matched similarly by the Leafs on every line, pairing and goal-tending. Whereas you guys got so lucky, to get the habs as a first round opponent and took care of them just like any other team would. That is the only reason you guys went further then the Leafs last year. If you guys had Boston as an opponent, you guys would be swept. No teams other then the Hawks, Kings or Leafs could have matched the Bruins toe for toe last year, so what you should do is get real and understand that the Leafs are going to be scary for a LONG time. Scarier then the Sens are going to be.

**I hear a lot of fans talking about putting people like Clarkson, Raymond, etc. on the third line. However, if we have three good lines, wouldn't that be better? I remember on another page, a Colorado fan wrote that their team was more like lines 1A, 1B, and 1C. Basically, I don't know if the line number matters for a team with our forwards. We can play the top three more evenly rather than putting pressure to produce on our first line.



0 comments:

Post a Comment