Monday, October 7, 2013



**Overall..with Muller evolving to be a great coach, Carolina is going to be a force to reckon with down the stretch..if they keep this up they can clinch the Metro division by the All Star break...Khudobin was a gamble I thought, but turning out to be a great deal so far...The Staals and Dvorak seem to still got some gas in their tank..

**Laviolette firing may be a good thing for the Flyers..they got a team and a half and should make the postseason...not sure if it was a good decision on Holmgren's part but we will see how this will shake up the team

**I think they've stopped playing for him. Coaches come and go in sports. Because of contracts and salary caps teams can't just go out and acquire whatever they need whenever they want to. This team had trouble scoring goals all of last season as well. The difference is they hada horrible goalie in Bryz. Our present two goalies are more than capable of keeping us in every game. I would HAVE to replace the coach if this continues much longer after what happened last season.

**Lots to like about this game, and the season so far in general. It's encouraging to see Carolina getting depth scoring... now if the FIRST line could just connect for some goals, they'd probably be doing really well. Guess you can't expect everything all at once this early in the year. Still a big improvement over the last half of last season. Doesn't have to be pretty, just effective.

**In my country we have a saying 'a ton of mud' - this is how I'd describe Flyers games.. I wouldn't say there is lack of energy but they seem to be lost on the ice.. Bad coaching? I don't know..

**The problem with Flyers is that they look like they have no energy or desire... I'm sorry but G as a C hasn't helped that case much. For whatever reason, Laviolette's time out technique isn't working anymore. This team is too comfortable to lose.

**Agreed. The urgency to win is not there. Flames have a horrible roster yet they have that intuitive to find solutions, Flyers are just repeating the same process and hoping for different results.

**Time to change something. It's not the 11th hour but a 0-5-0 start or sth. like this would be a huge burden for the rest of the season.Homer ist not the problem: He solved the goalie problem so far and Lecavalier and Streit are obviously two of our better guys out there. We have a balanced squad of young guns who know how to score and physical veterans. Shenn can become the new go-to-guy this season. Et cetera... The problem is coaching! 5 on 5 hockey is a complete disaster since at least two seasons. It's hardly possible for us to enter the opponent's zone on attack while the other team creates one chance after another so easily. Our line combinations are a joke. Hartnell for example needs to play on a checking line. I like Lavy, but every other coach in the league seems to know how to beat his Flyers system. So please change the system or change the coach.

**Hextall to GM. But Homer should still be given a chance to right the ship with a coaching selection. If that fails then bring on Hextall. I like Lavy, but he needs to go at this point. Give him a pat on the back on the way out of town.

**1-8 incl pre season. Not one single defence player can move the puck. Luke Scheen, cant that be the worst trade ever? HArtnell? Lav and Holmgren " we need to get bigger and stronger" its exactly the opposite that is the medicine. CG and VL are suffering. Fire all and reset. Haw hard can it be?

**Man, I always liked Philly, but woooow! Really bad defensive turnovers! Maybe fire your GM, cause all this started with giving away Carter and Richards...and then trading away Bobrovsky was not such a good idea either. And then bad luck with Pronger! I hope the Flyers will be a good Team soon, good luck!

**(Yes I'm a Pens fan) Flyers fans, does Hartnell look like garbage this year? Usually he's a solid power forward but this year he just looks rusty, I didn't watch the game but is V-check playing with Giroux? If not he should be...once again not trying to hate cause I missed the game but fill me in please...



0 comments:

Post a Comment