**Although it was unpleasant to watch the Hawks lose this one in a shoot out after dominating most of the game, there is NO denying how amazing Bishop played. Great goaltending to be sure.Hats off to Tampa for staying calm and not giving up.
**Hats off to the lightning... they battled hard, even after a hesitant start.What I didn't like was that the 1st period was way too similar to the 2nd for them. The coach/players didn't seem to adjust at all. In the 3rd, though, they seem to have gotten an extra jolt (maybe it was the urgency). Either way, if they can play with that kind of spark all the time, this is a dangerous team. (sorry for all the puns)As for the hawks, there's a lot to clean up but some of these players are still getting to know each other (especially on the PK). This is nothing to worry about. It's how you finish; not how you start and I'm sure we'll only get better until the end of the year.
**Special teams and Crawford have been very questionable so far. Only two games in, still played a decent game but theres just a few areas that need a little more elbow grease.
**I guess this is karma given how the hawks had no business being in the second game of last year at Calgary... where Emery made a career high in saves only for the Hawks to tie it in the third and win in the shootout.... sounds familiar?
**Say whatever you want and spin whatever yarn you like but the Hawks lost because of terrible goal tending - period and end of the story line. Two games of 875 SV% equals a team going nowhere if that does not change. Everyone already knew if the Hawk had an Achilles heel it was in net and Crawford is proving, so far, to be the anchor that drags the team down. Oh Ray where art thow in our time of need.
**Goal tenders are not immune to human error, it happens. Though I suppose you could do better? Sorry, but a goalie giving up 2 goals in 3 periods is far from terrible. It looks worse than it is because it was in the last 10 minutes of play. Hawks had a pp near the end of the 3rd...blame the loss on the offense for not taking advantage of opportunity and a clear bias by the refs.
**Did you seriously pull a "Though i suppose you can do better?" line... I cant really tell if you're trolling on that or if you're serious, but first of all, I'm sure I can do better than .875 SV%. Crawford has been playing terribly and every time the puck comes within 10 feet of him, my heart rate sky rockets, he cant be trusted. Secondly, that was no bias from the refs, your goon of a defenseman had been called for cross-checking Shaw when he was down, clearly from watching it I could tell it was a great call on the refs, and it was even said by the announcers. Everything you have said in your post is irrelevant and ignorant.
**I don't know how people can defend Crawford at all.. they took 14 shots. We out shot them nearly 3 to 1 and outplayed them the entire game. We looked REALLY good last night. There weren't many mistakes made by CHI. Maybe a few more chances couldve been capitalized on, but two goals is all u need when ur only letting a team shoot 14 times in the entire game.. The game came down to two players. Bishop and Crawford. Bishop took over 40 shots and had a .949 save percentage and shutdown Toews, Kane, and Hossa in the shootout. Crawford faced 14 shots and had a .875 save percentage and got embarrassed by Filppula in the SO. I like Crawford, but he's just not an elite goalie and his contract pays way too much for way too long. I still think there's a chance Crawford may improve and he'll be fine, but if not, thank god for Raanta.. Kudos to Bishop for an awesome game and to TB for taking advantage of the few opportunities they were given.
**Power play or not, the goal that was scored on the PP could've easily been stopped if Crawford was aware of his surroundings.. the power play didn't let up that many shots.. I'm not saying Crawford is the only player at fault, because in hockey losing is never due to only one player, but he is the PRIMARY reason we lost.. I don't know how people don't see that.. I'm not saying I don't like Crawford, because I do. He's a Hawk and I don't dislike anybody on the team, but even last year I never trusted him entirely. For the Hawks to repeat, the Hawks skaters will have to keep the puck away from Crawford as much as possible. Either that or Crawford needs to step it up. We can't outplay teams and lose.
**Yeah, too much deking, never shoots top shelf. Brad Richards was terrible until he learned that you have to come in with speed and shoot high. Goalies tend to stay at home and cover the bottom with their pads.
**Hats off to the lightning... they battled hard, even after a hesitant start.What I didn't like was that the 1st period was way too similar to the 2nd for them. The coach/players didn't seem to adjust at all. In the 3rd, though, they seem to have gotten an extra jolt (maybe it was the urgency). Either way, if they can play with that kind of spark all the time, this is a dangerous team. (sorry for all the puns)As for the hawks, there's a lot to clean up but some of these players are still getting to know each other (especially on the PK). This is nothing to worry about. It's how you finish; not how you start and I'm sure we'll only get better until the end of the year.
**Special teams and Crawford have been very questionable so far. Only two games in, still played a decent game but theres just a few areas that need a little more elbow grease.
**I guess this is karma given how the hawks had no business being in the second game of last year at Calgary... where Emery made a career high in saves only for the Hawks to tie it in the third and win in the shootout.... sounds familiar?
**Say whatever you want and spin whatever yarn you like but the Hawks lost because of terrible goal tending - period and end of the story line. Two games of 875 SV% equals a team going nowhere if that does not change. Everyone already knew if the Hawk had an Achilles heel it was in net and Crawford is proving, so far, to be the anchor that drags the team down. Oh Ray where art thow in our time of need.
**Goal tenders are not immune to human error, it happens. Though I suppose you could do better? Sorry, but a goalie giving up 2 goals in 3 periods is far from terrible. It looks worse than it is because it was in the last 10 minutes of play. Hawks had a pp near the end of the 3rd...blame the loss on the offense for not taking advantage of opportunity and a clear bias by the refs.
**Did you seriously pull a "Though i suppose you can do better?" line... I cant really tell if you're trolling on that or if you're serious, but first of all, I'm sure I can do better than .875 SV%. Crawford has been playing terribly and every time the puck comes within 10 feet of him, my heart rate sky rockets, he cant be trusted. Secondly, that was no bias from the refs, your goon of a defenseman had been called for cross-checking Shaw when he was down, clearly from watching it I could tell it was a great call on the refs, and it was even said by the announcers. Everything you have said in your post is irrelevant and ignorant.
**I don't know how people can defend Crawford at all.. they took 14 shots. We out shot them nearly 3 to 1 and outplayed them the entire game. We looked REALLY good last night. There weren't many mistakes made by CHI. Maybe a few more chances couldve been capitalized on, but two goals is all u need when ur only letting a team shoot 14 times in the entire game.. The game came down to two players. Bishop and Crawford. Bishop took over 40 shots and had a .949 save percentage and shutdown Toews, Kane, and Hossa in the shootout. Crawford faced 14 shots and had a .875 save percentage and got embarrassed by Filppula in the SO. I like Crawford, but he's just not an elite goalie and his contract pays way too much for way too long. I still think there's a chance Crawford may improve and he'll be fine, but if not, thank god for Raanta.. Kudos to Bishop for an awesome game and to TB for taking advantage of the few opportunities they were given.
**Power play or not, the goal that was scored on the PP could've easily been stopped if Crawford was aware of his surroundings.. the power play didn't let up that many shots.. I'm not saying Crawford is the only player at fault, because in hockey losing is never due to only one player, but he is the PRIMARY reason we lost.. I don't know how people don't see that.. I'm not saying I don't like Crawford, because I do. He's a Hawk and I don't dislike anybody on the team, but even last year I never trusted him entirely. For the Hawks to repeat, the Hawks skaters will have to keep the puck away from Crawford as much as possible. Either that or Crawford needs to step it up. We can't outplay teams and lose.
**Yeah, too much deking, never shoots top shelf. Brad Richards was terrible until he learned that you have to come in with speed and shoot high. Goalies tend to stay at home and cover the bottom with their pads.
RSS Feed
Twitter
Posted in
0 comments:
Post a Comment