Eriksson injured in Bruins' third straight win
**If I was a sabers fan, this would be the last game I watched of theirs for years.... one sad hockey team.**just saw the hit. john scott: 187 gp 1 GOAL 5 assists 324 pim..why is this guy in the league if he has no hockey talent at all. i've been disappointed with the suspensions so far this month but this hit by far takes the cake as the worst hit. obviously a late hit, injures a star player and acts like he did nothing wrong. this has to be the last straw for the sabres. get rid of kaleta and scott. if the sabres want a hockey team that wants to win they should bring up some rookies that actually have talent and the drive to win games. i hope shanny gives him 20 games atleast this guy is total garbage.
**Shanny should give Scott 10 games along with Kaleta and fine the owners a cool million, payable to a TBI charity. Until it starts costing management this will not stop.
**I was going to post this last night on my iPhone, but for some reason I couldn't, but here it is: As was said earlier, I think no matter what team you're a fan of, hockey has no place for these kinds of hits. It makes me sad and frustrated that this is what our game is becoming. Yes, players gotta stand up for each other, but you know what? This isn't UFC. These idi0t, classless players aren't getting the messages they need to get. They need to change their game. They need to play hockey the way it's meant to be played. I was initially hesitant when Torres went to SJ, but now I'm convinced he can play the right way. He is changing his ways. Like another person commented below, we aren't here to see John Scott deliver a dirty hit. We're not here to see a boxing match between two teams. Again, as much as I love to see the hard-hitting and fights, that ain't what hockey's about, and it's these types of hits I feel are giving our sport a bad name. I honestly hope Scott gets a 10-game suspension, but since it's Shanaban, he'll only get 5. As for the Sabres organization itself... boy, I feel bad for y'all. I really do. I think any sensible fan would. With all the struggles this franchise had faced, I'm really interested in seeing what's next for this club. Hope Eriksson recovers quickly.
**It is a depressing city right now.. Even the Bills have more wins than the Sabres! and I hate fighting. Our team is pathetic. Daracy put this squad together. I needs a revamp!!! UGH
**lol, you can't blame him for wanting a shot to play with Crosby. Look how well they did in the Olympics of 2010. The realistic is Pits coaching and management were set in their ways with their line so they played him on a 2nd line role with other centers and players. Iginla only went to Pits for Crosby and a shot for the cup. He didn't get a chance to play with Crosby (which is unfortunately, they would have been magical) and well, you Bruins insured he didn't get the Cup either lol.
**i wasnt thrilled that morning either but after a while it made sense and the ultimate karma came into effect, but that doesnt change the player he is and when i heard he was in fact coming to the bruins as a free agent i was pretty excited
**I get the attraction, they are a "golden team with golden player" it was just the overnight snub, and then to play them, stop all of their "golden players" and team and sweep them, instant karma, could not have wished it to go any better. Since Iginla has been with the Bruins, he is hustling and getting in there physically, welcome to the Bruins Iginla!
**I understand having tough guys on your team. I think all teams need them BUT they need to also bring something else to the game. Some type of skill besides fighting. Scott brings NOTHING to hockey. He has NO skill. 5 TOTAL points in his career and ZERO points in the last 3 years. Scott should be out of the league.
**Disagree totally...Scott is the best enforcer in the league...at least he brings that to the table...the problem with the Sabres is their so called skilled players are unskilled...he's not there to bring points to the table, he's there to protect your very unskilled skill players
**An enforcer does not look for the cheap headshots. He stands up for his teammates when the going gets tough. There are lots of enforcers in this league who can actually play the game. This guy is not an enforcer, he's a waste of bench space.
**Shawn Thornton for the B's is a great enforcer, and he put a wicked wrister in net earlier this week. He puts up the points. He mentors the younger guys on the team. He visits kids in the hospital. Scott is a bag of trash. He is not the "best enforcer in the league". He is a classless, dirty savage. No place for him in hockey.
**Agreed completely. He's redundant on Buffalo, anyway...they already have Ott as an enforcer and agitator, and like Thornton, is capable of putting the puck in the net more or less consistently.
**I am so embarrassed and disappointed to be a Sabres fan this year. It's one thing to be rebuilding, but their is no emotion when they play. It's like watching zombies skate around for 60 minutes, taking a few shots here and there, and getting run all over. Teams skate right over us. We don't even make it competitive most of the time. If they gave 100% the whole game and lost then its a different story. They actually put in EFFORT. That's all I want to see. No more of this garbage. All the players keep saying they are making mistakes and need to fix it. Well someone needs to step up soon. Stafford? Ennis? Ott? Where are they at? The atmosphere at the games is awful now. It used to be fun going to the games... now its just frustrating and not worth my time. If this organization had any clue, Reiger should have been fired this morning... The fans deserve more. Guess well just fight through another day. Should be great when we play Dallas at home next week. Enough for one day...
**I don't think fighting needs to be eliminated from the game. What needs to be eliminated is the type of player like Scott, who play 3 minutes a night and do stupid things like this without even contributing to actual hockey playing in any sort of manner.
**besides all of the obvious negatives from this game there were a few bright points IMO. I think that was the best game Hamilton has played in the NHL not just for scoring but his skating and desicion making. Krug once again is showing he belongs in the top 6 D-men. And Lucic is actually starting a year hott and looks to be in much better shape than he was most of last year. Bruins are still working through some things, getting a little more chemistry with the new players and even Marchand on the 3rd line can get a little more going this is a very scary team
**I'm sick of this... Not only are we the worst team in the NHL but we are making a reputation as the dirtiest. This is what Pegula meant by our "reason for existence is to win a Stanley Cup"? I mean we have been getting worse by the year since 2009 and it looks like we have finally hit rock bottom. This "hockey organization" is pa.thetic from top to bottom. How Regier is still GM on this day is ridiculous and for us to be using the "rebuild" excuse is even more ridiculous. Rolston is obviously not head coaching material either and the fact that this team still uses John Scott as its enforcer is utter garbage. Goodbye Vanek and Miller, if they know whats good for them they would leave this disaster without a second thought.... We will be cellar dwellers for AT LEAST 3 years and probably more thanks to the hands of Pegula's poor ownership, Regier's POOR decisions at GM, and Rolston's inexperience as a head coach to get the most out of the young athletes. No Sabres fan can be proud of this team and if we're seriously going to stick with Regier, Rolston, and the excuses of "rebuilding" through the rest of the season then I hope the attendance drops because as Sabres fans we can't stand for this.
**I feel for you guys. Kaleta and now Scott on top of a rebuilding team. It must be hard to cheer for the Sabres at this point. It's frustrating when you see your team do stuff that you would attack another team for if it was done to your own. I'll freely admit the Lucic hit on Miller was one of those times for me.
RSS Feed
Twitter
Posted in
0 comments:
Post a Comment