Sunday, October 6, 2013

**I like the new and improved Islanders..a few transactions to help Tavares to REALLY make a difference on the team..it's hard when you are relied on every game to score goals in order to win, and now he has got some help so his pressure will be relieved some, and now he can play the game with ease...this team will make the playoffs as well due to the conference changes...Brodeur will never be as good as he was in the 90's..he is one of the greatest to ever play..don't get me wrong, but they need more than Jagr and Ryder to be a Stanley Cup contender..

 **the first goal I think he just didn't get down in time by a fraction of a second, but he had to do something drastic with the speed Grabner came at him with. 2nd goal he wanted back but Grabner made a great quick shot. 3rd goal, another odd man rush he had to face and be a goalie and a defensemen since they weren't moving for some reason, poke check just missed. Defense looked asleep in the 3rd period and any time Grabner was on the ice. Still a solid game for Marty who hasn't played a game in 2 weeks. And Nabokov made some big saves to keep the Islanders in the game in the 1st.

 **Enough w/ the "It's just 2 games" already. Easy to say now. However, fans won't feel that way if NJ misses the playoffs by a scant few points. All these games count.

 ***God I love those Isles. I've been telling people for about three years that Grabner might be the most underrated player in the league. He's been stuck with third line minutes a lot of games due to team chemistry and whatnot. Moulson-Tavares-Grabs, he'd net 40. Mark my words.

 **I loved how these two old goalie grandpas made those saves :D laying in the ground, swirling around, catching pucks old school. Respect for both of them!

***The local media always votes for the stars of the game. The game was a homer for NJ in Newark. You'll see the same trend for all the stars in every game. Right or wrong, it's just the way it has always been. Such as it is.

**awesome to see a Ranger fan say that....bringing back that rivalry where both teams are relevant, because I still remember the great games in the 70's and 80's...good luck this year and I hope we see each other in the playoffs.

 **i thought harolds doing better then everyone else so far. he breaks out of zone and takes shots. Zidlicky needs to go fayne needs to go salvador needs to go and maybe even volchenkov. trade all of them for a better defensman or goos forward. or bring up gelinas and merril to replace them. and larsson needs to do better becasue he was reason grabner scored first goal, and against penguins too.

 **I know this is off topic, but I am getting a new NHL gamecenter live and I need a new cool name. Obviously Parise9skill is not a good name anymore lol, so if anyone could give me a good idea for a name, that would be nice.





 

0 comments:

Post a Comment