Monday, October 14, 2013

**I just want to know if the hockey universe explodes if the Devils play Fayne AND Larsson and Loktionov AND Josefson in the same game? Why in the Devils world are Gionta and Harrold always in the lineup? I'm not suggesting this will fix the Devil's problem but should we be putting out best lineup on the ice? Time for a new head coach. Not because winless in 6 is so horrific but Pistol Pete couldn't corral the same mess at the end of last season.

**I think we all knew this season was going to be tough for the devils. We've let some serious talent leave the organisation of the past couple of years and just not replaced it. This season is going to be spent mostly licking our wounds. Its time for a change and a rebuild

**The Devils have always managed to draft right or sign the right mix of players for the right price and develop the right chemistry year after year with Marty B backing them of course. I'm sure Devils fans have come to expect the talent that leaves to be replaced by a younger and equally as talented player...along with signings that complete the pieces of the puzzle. After all, the team did it up until last year (maybe a year in between). Only the Red Wings were able to sustain better in recent years. I say this as one who observes the difference between a well run organization and a one not so well run. Bottom line is, your attitude is the right one, but like I say..early in the season. Hockey's weird.

**I feel bad for this team right now. As a Leafs fan, kinda been there, many times. It's starting to get to the point where a change needs to be made. Unfortunately, the only change that can be made wouldn't be a fair one and that's firing the coach. String a couple wins together and take the focus away from that.

**Why are all these devils fans complaining about defense when they just got shutout by a backup goalie? defense was not the problem, it was a 1-0 game basically and the goal was a fluke goal? defense did fine, where were the forwards?

**People are complaining about the D because it has lost 4 out of the first 6 games. And in the the two game we were shut-out they looked terible too. PDB can't play for Volchi, or Fayne, or Zid so I don't know why we would get rid of him. We were 1st in the East through 10 games last year and look were we went. It's way too early to say what this team is right now. Because the metro division is off to a crappy start (not including the Pens) we have more time to figure it out. We are 5 points out of 1st in the Met with 76 games left to play.

**worst output they have done this year by a landslide. the only positive of this game was Elias did an ok job and Zajac was actually not that terrible, the rest of the team was literally 100 years old compared to Winnipeg i don't know whether offense was scared defence doesn't hold or defense could not do a damm thing, but something telling me PDB is not going to be a devis come thanksgiving if the team doesn't improve.

**i cant believe devs fans blaming deboer, hes excellent coach, very well spoken and this system we been playing under him been working well, 2012 finals, last year kovys+martys injuries got us and this season is 6 games long and u want to alrdy get rid of him? we have alot of new players, we are still trying to find that chemisty and right lineups and 85% of our games been away, just 1 home game so far.

**Yeah, id give it some time before you start with the torches and pitchforks, the devils are a team that can compete but for some reason just arent getting it done right now, I guess i can relate because the canucks are in the same boat.

**so what u would say about rangers then, i think at the moment its just that players are learning that deboer's system, 6 games only played and im not suprised at all after we got almost whole new team compared to last year that we are struggeling.

**I'd be still rooting for Pens, like a dozen years before Crosby draft (like I've always done)

**they saw some potential with matteu and hes most likely NHL ready player before this 2014 would have been.

**Cheer up Devils! "I've been looking for freedom, since I left my home town. I've been looking for freedom, still it can't be found."

**Let's ship Clowe back to the Sharks for Boyle. We need some D, Boyle's name always comes up at trade deadline anyway. At least Loktionov is back in the lineup. Try Fayne again and sit Harrold. Winless in 6.. at least it's not a strike-shortened season.

**Two reasons why the Sharks would never do this trade: 1. Boyle is going nowhere unless the Sharks rebuild, which so far doesn't look like it's happening. 2. Clowe is too slow for our style of hockey. He would drag us down. That's why Wilson traded him last season.

**Cory Schneider had a very strong game against the Jets. It is too bad his teammates did not take advantage. This season, with Boucher, Gelinas, Merrill, Whitney playing in Albany, it may be more fun to follow the Albany Devils.

**Wow that was one of the most collective commitment to checking that I've seen by the Jets since they've came to Winnipeg. Montoya played great (although Pav will start the next game)Great to see everyone covering for each other in all situations. That's a game to be proud of!!!

**Great to see Montoya get the win, solid guy with a very reasonable salary. Old Chris Mason said sp long to the Jets and shuffled off to Nashville last year, now he is playing in Italy for pasta and Nutella, Ha! Good for you. Nice hit by Buf, hard and clean,, just like it is supposed to be. Jersey? Not sure what is going on. Worked hard but no finish.

**The only bright spot tonight was Schneider. He looked solid out there and besides that first garbage goal he might've had a shutout. Jagr wasn't on the same page as any of our other forwards, and our defense couldn't handle the speed the Jets brought. I still don't think any of this should result in Deboer getting fired but I feel like I stand alone on that.

**I'm fine with Deboer's system but if he continues to just sit on his hands and pray that we start winning games, then good riddance to him. My patience was spread thin last season and I have little to none left anymore.

**24 shots isn't enough too win games in the NHL consistently

**I've been patient with Deboer, but I think we can all agree that its time to go. He has a tendency to not do anything when we are on losing streak. He seems to be obssessed with Harrold. He gets powerplay time and empty net time. Remember last year when he kept playing hedberg and we continued to lose game after game. This was not at all Schnieders fault, but something needs to change. Merril, Gelinas, Fayne in. Zidlicky, Volchenkov, Harrold, Josefson out. Larsson to AHL.

**I don't even know what to say at this point. Schneider & Jagr are the only ones who looked liked they tried this game. I know its 6 games in and all, but something needs to change. Sooner rather than later hopefully. The only positive to take away from this is that we're still somehow 5th in the division.

**Yeah but as a true fan I'm not going to attack the entire organazation there is a lot of space between 99's comment and here and now. It looks bleak, I know, maybe its just me but I'm not going down that road. I'm standing by my team good, bad or ugly. Changes obviously need to be made but I'm a die hard, not going to give up. I just hope things turn around soon.



0 comments:

Post a Comment