Friday, October 4, 2013

**Loose play at times in the season opener.... just weigh in. Do you disount the OIL due to injury desite opening up a 2 goal lead, or credit the Jets for 3 unanswered for the win?

**Credit Jets for the goals - mostly from new faces - Tangredi actually made a very nice play... and Jokinen didn't play too bad either - I like the depth. Still missing something defensively though - Stuart didn't play well, Slater pretty much scored on his own net, Buff had risk reward problem, some sloppy puck handling by many... hopefully its just first game stuff.

**Lets just say that both teams have a bit of work to do yet...I think I saw someone play defence there once...somewhere...I'm sure I saw it....

**I must be the only one not pinning this one on Dubnyk. Oilers hardly played after the first period. Hall gave away 2 goals all by himself. Dooby could have stopped a couple of those, sure, but it doesn't help that his own team is giving away chances like that.

**Ah Hemsky, one of the most underrated danglers out there. Silky smooth, and poetic. I wish it rubbed off on Hall a bit, he's got some very hard hands and not enough patience. I haven't seen too much improvement, but he's still young.

**Edmonton displaying their awesome defensive skills. Two goals allowed on seven shots.

**Power play goal, and Winnipeg's back on the power play again. Oilers look like they're a little nervous.

*Go Oilers Gooooooo! Hoping they have a good year.



0 comments:

Post a Comment