Monday, October 14, 2013

**Blues look really good. Playing a fast north/south hockey like the Sharks. When these two teams collide on Tuesday, its going to be an amazing game. Hopefully we can see a clean fast paced game without whistles shifting the momentum of the game. I don't see it going to OT, but this game is too close to predict.

**Good win for the Blues but the defense still isn't working that well. Way to many turnovers and mistakes being made. It was the Blues defense that was to carry this team but so far this year, the offense has been way better. Hopefully the Blues defense will improve. I have to say that this was one of the worst officated games that I have seen in a long time. The refs made bad calls on both teams. At one point if you touched a player from the other team, you were called for a penalty.

**Don't know what it is but the Blues seem to forget to exit their zone some time during the first intermission cause the second period on a few games has seen them struggle to exit the zone. Maybe they get lazy cause they're ahead by that point? I don't think it has anything to do with what Hitch would be saying during the intermission, he stresses the team play in the attacking zone 70% of the time and the defensive zone 30% of the time. I was waiting for the refs to start calling penalties for taunting. Even the fans got burned out on all the calls, you could hear a pin drop when there was that interference penalty called before the Steen PP goal in the second. Normally I like it when the refs call things a bit tighter than normal but it was taken WAY too far tonight.

**I think they struggle with the long change because they use up too much energy pursuing the puck, then they can't get to the bench for a change. That's why they are so good in the first and third period.

**now that the Wings are in the East I'm pulling for the Blues and happy for them right now. Backes continues to play well as does Steen and Shatenkirk. I've seen 2 1/2 Blues games, 3 Blackhawks games and 2 Sharks games and right now I've been most impressed with Blues, slightly over the Sharks.

**No one on the Rangers has the chemistry that the Canucks have. Torterella had a dream job waiting for him in Vancouver, whereas Vigneault was walking into a circus. If they didn't have Brad Richards, I think they may have trouble winning under Vigneault. Give him a year or two to draft some guys who are more suited to the 2-way game than the d-first grit-it-out mentality of Torts. I think they'll be pretty good.

**Wow, I wish Blues play the same way they played the last 5 minutes of the game, EVERy game. It takes guts to pull the goalie the last 100 seconds when the Blues were clearly riding the ranger horse. Don't get started on the zebras. The Blues deserved to win this game even though the Rangers looked very good for the majority of the game, but a combined lacked determination and Halak at times, they fell. Steen is good, what can I say. Good overall game from both teams

**I only saw the 2nd half of the game, but the refs really spoiled this one with way too many soft calls... the only call I would have made extra would have been the dive of the Rangers player when "held" by Roy. But can't blame him, he knew the refs were eager for a call. The NHL looks like is going the way of the modern playground: getting rid of the see-saws and the swings for cheap plastic. Who is running this ship anyway? Certainly not hockey players.

**Actually, Pittsburgh and Boston are 2 of the 3 favorites to win, with Chicago being the other, and we see how often they repeat as champs nowadays. How can you say the odds are stacked against it happening? We are 5 games in, and2 out of 3 Cup favorites are from East. Vegas will let you bet any team.

**Aside from the refs being absolute tools tonight, it was a pretty good game. Rangers looked much better, I thought. Richards & Callahan looked really good. Good luck moving forward, NY. Steen, Backes, & Oshie...9pts tonight. Awesome. Tarasenko w/ the wicked wrister too. Keep 'er rollin' boys. Got SJ up next & I'm expecting a hell of a game

**he'll get a raise for sure, but i think he'll take a bit less than other teams offer to stay with the blues. players always say they love it in "insert city here", but he really does a lot here. while backes flies around the country to rescue dogs, steen goes to east st louis and gets them from abusive homes

**Biron was so good all those seasons with the Rangers... now he's playing like he doesn't even care. At his age one bad stretch will lead to retirement after no one signs you. Look at Brunette, McCabe and others in recent times. Great numbers, but one bad season and they are gone. BIRON STEP IT UP.

**Honestly i didn't think he played that bad. He was left out to dry so much in that game look at Backes's second he was all alone you can't let any player near your goalie with that much space.Your D is what i see as the problem. Not trying to bash just my point of view.

**I most certainly agree that the lack of defensive coverage is the main problem, but he really should have been able to save two of those goals.

**Biron must be rusty. He almost never play. Back up goalis should be allowed to play in the minors from time to time.



0 comments:

Post a Comment