Red-hot Ovechkin leads Capitals past Oilers
**Oilers, normally I'd say losing 4-1 to a team while outshooting the opposition is nothing short of embarrassing...but you guys were facing Ovi and the Caps...so all is good I suppose XD...just, you know...don't make too much of a habit out of it...**Grabovski proved why he is better than Ribeiro with that 4th goal set up. Ribs would of never back checked like that.
**Ovi was briliant, but what's going on with our defenders? Previous game Green was awful. tonight Shmidt and Erskin fell every time they got a puck
**Yeah but Ovechkin is closer to Crosby in points (15 to 17) than Crosby is to Ovechkin in Goals (7 to 10). So it's more likely that Ovechkin will catch Crosby, especially when considering how injury prone Crosby has been the last couple seasons.
**i like the caps for 4 even strength goals in all different ways. A set play of the top line off a face off. A traffic goal. A 3 touch passing play from the top line. A turnover into a super corner shot in an open lane. The caps got some stellar goal tending but largely suffocated this oilers team. Caps turning a page on a road trip!
**I hope sometime during ovechkins time in Washington they win the cup, I know it depends on the team but just for being dominant in his career so far you cant help root for him to be rewarded. good game caps too bad our matchup is over already, . . . actually maybe that's a good thing, hopefully we get the next one! lets go oilers!
**I didn't watch the game but looking at the stats it is baffling that a minus 4 player can be 3RD star of the game in a losing effort. Minus 4 with no points and he is a star of the game? Something wrong here.
**Put Gazdic with Eberle and RNH! 4th line has been the best all year, reward them by moving them up and start sitting some guys to send a message. 21 hits in the game by the Oilers and 9 of them come from the 4th line in 7 minutes of ice time. I realize its their job but come on there were 6 guys with over 20 minutes of ice time and they combined for 1 hit! Gaz has good hands, he could set up camp in front of the net and get 15-20 goals a year no problem and dish out some hits to the other teams top line. Bring up some guys from OKC and send a message now not in Feb when its too late. I would throw Bachman in a game as well as the goaltending has been pretty bad.
**Oilers don't put a lot of effort in. Watched one of the Caps take the puck down low along the boards and Petry barely brushed him as he went on by, with the puck. As long as that sort of thing continues, this team is going no where. Not willing to do the little things and pay the price to win. What do they care, they're cashing nice pay checks, lol.
**For the life of me I can't understand how ovechkin shoots the puck so hard with so little effort. I wonder how fast his wrist shot is? He would have to have the hardest shot in the nhl? Ps what on earth is going on with yakupov? He needs to do something, anything, real soon or back to the press box again.
**I wish the NHL kept this home and home format with the teams every year. Seeing Ovechkin and Crosby 3 times already has been a treat. Jagr too and Teemu will be here soon enough. There's something about this Oiler's team that's off putting though. I'm having trouble getting on board, it's like they don't have a lot of heart. Perron and Hemsky looked good, fans of those guys for sure. It'll be good getting Gagner back. offtopic story: Friend of a friend's gf gave Nuge dome and the buddy texted him and nuge texted back beaking him. Buddy didn't care though, he was star struck that he was talking to Nugent-Hopkins.
**The Oilers have to start checking the other teams top guys!! You can't let Ovechken , Patrick Kane , Crosby,Stamkos, etc. run hog wild !! They will bury you before you no it!!! Negate the other teams top 2 guys and you have a much better chance to win!!! The goalies and the coach are not to blame!! Its called Lack of team effort!! Other teams should cringe when they have to play at Rexall--- and never be given any easy wins!!!
**It's not always easy to stop elite players - you kinda need elite D-men for that. On the other hand, it is incomprehensible how Yakupov just skates around Ovi on the first goal - what was he trying to accomplish, pat him on the back?
**Doesn't take much to be one fo the 3 stars these days I guess. I should be one of the stars just for sitting on my couch drinking. I did as much as RNH according to the score sheet.
RSS Feed
Twitter
Posted in
0 comments:
Post a Comment