Friday, October 18, 2013

**They the Sharks didn't just win those game they crushed their opponents not one team even made it to overtime, no one got a point off of them.

**sweet, still havent scored more than 2 goals this year. so glad i took giroux in the 1st round. thursday is going to be a debacle.

**Oh Flyers, how far you've fallen....we will never win another cup as long as Snyder sits at the helm...his win now at all costs have cost them any chance of being a competitive team for the next 2-3 years....pleeeeease start the deconstruction of this team and do not try to trade for another over priced forward that will not get us where we need to be...we need a high 1st round draft pick this year and should trade everyone short of G, Voracek, the schenn brothers and some of our young defensemen for more picks think back to last year, when did the Flyers start to actually play some solid hockey? when almost every starting defenseman they had was hurt and we had a bunch of young hungry guys up there fighting for a chance to make the team the following year....this season, Mcginn has scored a few goals by hustling and crashing the net Summary, Snyder swallow your pride, pull your head out of your rear and make the EASY choice to sacrifice a season or two to accumulate a group of young talent that can develop together and build a team that will be good for years to come...the Philly media will cry, the fans will cry, but when we're hoisting the cup in 4-5 years it will all be worth it

**I agree for the most part, this team looks like a Frankenstein Hockey club, to much dead garbage slapped together....there are a few very solid players on this team who this club can build around! I think we the success we had a few years ago, minus a goalie lol, was from players like Richy, Lupul, Lano, Carle, Carter to some extent, we got rid of these players and thus went the chemistry of the team. Yes I know there were rumors of guys partying, but so what, they were winning! Yes we got talent in return but they haven't played great together...

**Excellent comeback win. Glad to see Kesler on the scoresheet. If I was a Philly fan I would not be that worried, as everybody on the team (except McGinn) is playing badly. We have seen that before in Vancouver and it always turns around. It is always much worse if the team is playing as best they can and still losing.

**I'm a canucks fan, but some Canucks fans are just rude. What's the point of taking cheap shots at other teams fan s for voicing a simple opinion you may not like? Have some class we won a game because we got some breaks. their goalie was outstanding, poor guy needs a bit more help. their d is more skilled than their playing time to wake up or get a new coach who can fire them up. I will say though I like how Torts is bring the best out of young players like Santorelli and Tanev thus far and giving them tons of chances and also splitting the Sedins up time to time will give this team more chemistry in the long run and more depth as the season goes on. Vaignault would have never tried any of these things, he only did in the playoffs a few times and there was no chemistry. If Torts does this all season, than at least when playoff time comes if he does feel the need to split them up they will both have chemistry when it matters not just with each other but with the whole team, even 3rd and 4th line players. He ain't a perfect coach Torts, but at least he finds ways to spark our team and takes risks having faith in all his players not just the main core. I won't say Vaignault wasn't a good coach, but when you only trust your main guys and don't give your young players enough chances or experiment enough with lines throughout the whole season, your team doesn't end having enough depth. I say that is the main reason we were embarrassed 2 playoffs in row Depth isn't always the players you have on your roster, but what your players develop and become as the season progresses. Torts is not just bring the best out their stars, but guys that a lot probably didn't expect to be good or do anything thus far. Hopefully that continues. Any one else agree with me?

**Well Ed, how's the new coach working out? I don't see any more "passion" from the players since the change. This team lacks the talent on the front lines. Thanks for getting rid of Richards and Carter in exchange for scrubs, Homer. The only good thing is our goaltending has been solid with no head cases from years past. Unless they can keep the opposition to 1 goal or less we'll be facing a 50+ loss season

**Top D pairing: Grossmann and Coburned ...yea right. I'll give Rex the benefit of actually being useful most games but Coburn continues to disappoint. It really doesn't even look like he's trying anymore. He hardly skates in the defensive zone, just rovers around. He rarely knows where he's supposed to be on the ice (2nd goal). On top of that, for someone that is a big dude you would expect him to take guys to the boards hard at least, right? Nope, he enjoys gently pushing them into the boards and holding them securely in place until the ref's arm goes up. What a waste of space. Also, Simmonds is playing like trash, but hey the whole team is so he kinda fits in. Lucky bounce for the nucks on that first one, but they got s c r e w e d the other night so they had one comin... we'll get a cheeseball against the pens???? hockey gods? you there?

**Well I hope Holmgren will be fired after next game against the Pens. After that we'll see. I don't think Snider wants this team to end at the bottom so the new GM or Holmgren have to act. Only problem is player who don't preform very well don't have high values so draft picks come into play. To be honest I don't think Meszaros was a healthy scratch just because he played bad. Yes he did, but Coburn played more worst than him. I think they're talking to a team to get a trade going that has Meszaros involved. Keeping Mes. out of the line-up is only for injury reasons

**Sedins are both amazing play-makers. Daniel Sedin is a pretty underrated passer, but I don't think his shot release is quick enough. I think putting them on separate lines not only spreads out the offense, but makes line matching a nightmare for the other team. I don't agree with some of the fans that they should be permanently split up, but I wonder if mixing up the lines regularly would be the best option. Play them together for some shifts, and split them for others. keep the opposition on their toes.

**Henrik won the Art Ross Trophy and league MVP in the 2010-11 season, and Daniel was injured for about 20 of those games. I always chuckle at the Sisters nickname. If playoffs counted for the ironman streak, Henrik would be so far ahead of Bouwmeester. As it stands, I think Henrik is 6th all time now.

**Couldn't watch the game but everyone here that thinks Sedins only can play with each other forgets that Henrik still played very well when Daniel was injured for some time a few years ago. Also, anyone here calling them sisters don't know hockey.



0 comments:

Post a Comment