Monday, October 28, 2013

Lightning outlast Blackhawks in OT

**its like whenever an original six team plays in florida, its basically a home game for them. as a wings and bolts fan living in florida, I got to go to a red wings vs lightning game a couple years ago and it was the same exact way, more red jerseys than blue ones.

**And no. Funny how the Bolts stunk last year, didn't play Chicago, Detroit, or even the cup-defending Kings, and still had the 8th highest attendance in the league and 99.2% average capacity while this year they've had 4 Original Six games, 6 against last year's conference finalists, and attendance has fallen to 93.9%. Last year's mark thru 9 games was 100%. Must be all those Original Six fans, eh.

**Sad turnout by the home fans of the Lightning for a home game vs Cup champ Chicago. As a 3rd party, i heard louder Blackhawk chants than I heard Lightning chants. It sounded more like a home game for Chicago. Ditto with a Hawks game recently vs the Panthers, and ditto when I watch other teams visit Florida. Its bad enough Florida does not know how to vote correctly. The least they could do is show up once in a while to support their hockey teams. I heard from a Calgary fan that he walked up to the Tampa ticket window of the Game 7 Cup Finals of 2004, and walked away with two good tickets down low. . Too much JImmy Buffet booze I guess.

**It makes it easier to talk trash when you have no avatar and no username, huh? Dont worry about the Lightning, they sell out a majority of their games despite so many losing seasons. They have better attendance than many teams that go to the postseason regularly. Now stop crying and take the loss like a man. You're embarrassing yourself and your fanbase. (whatever that is this week)

**I dont even buy the whole Calgary fan story anyhow. If Bolts have a good attendance in the regular season (which they always do), I dont see them having trouble selling playoff tickets. And I remember all of those postseason games at the Forum being sold out. This guy is a clown and a troll. Just flag his comments and he will go away.

**While it sounds nice, it doesn't quite work that way thanks to how the Cap works. Khabibulin's salary of 2.0M counts against the cap no matter what. Because Raanta is under an entry level contract, his salary will count towards the cap based on the percentage of NHL games he plays. Since the Hawks only have 1.7M of space, and Raanta's full cap hit is 925K, having him on the active roster now will appreciably cut into the Hawks' trade options in case of injury or a deadline deal. That's a big reason why Raanta isn't on the roster right now, and Hawks fans shouldn't expect him to be called up until perhaps March. The other big reason is the Hawks only have Raanta under a 1yr deal so keeping him out of the spotlight will keep his value down for the multiyear contract the Hawks want to sign him for. ;-) I did not write this. Copied and pasted from below. Credit to aaeismacgychel

**Great back & forth action. Great game by the Lighting. They made the best of their chances. I don't want to sound biased but I obviously will. The Hawks have points in 9 of their 10 games, have lost only 1 game in regulation, but I do agree they have had a lot of problems in the 1st 10 games. They have been involved in six 3-2 games according to the power rankings. One stat that gets overlooked because of the great regular season the Hawks had last year, is the fact that they won the most 1 goal games & were involved in the most 1 goals ( I believe that stat was at the end of the season ) . It will be interesting to see how they match up against the Blues in their remaining 3 games & for that matter Western teams ( they've only played the 2 games in the West vs. Blues ).

**It's still awesome though that the Hawks get at least a point in most of their games. Bolts lost so many close games last year so I really hope this year is different. It was really irritating that we lost to the Pens 5-4 when we were about a minute from going into OT.

**Maybe, maybe not. Give a little credit to the Bolts powerhouse offense. I know it's easy to blame the goalie, but Bolts have been known to make good goalies look bad at times. Besides, didnt we beat Crawford 2 weeks ago? Anyway, good game on both sides. Hawks are the best team in hockey and I'm glad Bolts dont have to play them anymore this season....unless Bolts somehow make the postseason.

**Khabi lost this game for us. A few of those goals should have been easily stopped. He looked like the senile old man that he is out there. Every shot that came his way had him bumbling and scrambling. And the OT winner is undeniably his fault. As preemptive as it sounds, call up Raanta. Unlike old man Bulin, he can still see the puck and his geriatric body won't stop him from play.

**Well, fact is, teams outshoot and outplay teams a lot and somehow still lose the game, its not only the Hawks, and its not only this game. Bulin might have missed a couple on his own, but a lot of it was breakdowns on defense from both teams and for Bishop to only let in 4 goals on 43 shots (yea, the 5th will count against him, but I blame that on Carle) is pretty good given what he was up against.

**Exciting game. St.Louis is one cagey player. Stamkos is a real sniper. Great duo. Except for the obvious gaffe in the 3rd, I thought Bishop was great. Certainly better than our guy. Blackhawks out-shoot the Bolts again but lose. The 1st Bolt goal was a soft one that any NHL goalie should save & the short-handed goal killed us in the end ( no excuses). Hate to lose but Tampa played hard & deserved to win..



0 comments:

Post a Comment