Sunday, October 6, 2013

***I was happy to see the Canes pull a PPG. For 58 minutes I was excited. Hand it to the Wings, they came out in that third and kept it up. Glad the team scored a point and congrats to Dvorak and Gerbe for their first goals as Hurricanes! Canes were 16.2 seconds from winning against the projected leader of the Atlantic Division. I enjoy the rivalry. Better luck next time Canes!

 **Love Carolina's new look...but they will need more than a shnazzy uniform to beat the Wings...However..with al the changes the Wings have been going thru and with the division change..it might affect them in the playoff run this year..I will be VERY surprised if they finish first in the conference, and if they do, they will likely win the Cup.

 **Ward was great! i was very nervous as a wings fan watching last night, but the comeback was amazing. It was awesome to see Alfie and Weiss put points up as redwings! Does anybody else feel like Datsyuk wasnt 100% last night? turnovers, missed shots, couldnt deke anybody.. i hope he's alright, i watched him pull a couple really short shifts!

 **I was happy to see Ward in good form again. We were a fast team, a well balanced team, and we just need our first line to start firing (they didn't have much time during preseason and training camp to work together, with Tlusty and Semin having injuries). When they do, and Ruu is back on 2nd line with Gerbe+Jordie and with a bit more tweaking of the 3rd and 4th lines, we should see an increase on offensive production. Our defense kept up with the, as always, talented Red Wings for the most part, but the Canes still need to work on playing a full 60 minutes. The curse of OT loss continues. But I feel much better about this team.

***Great to see the Wings win last night. Even better having the NHL package so I can actually enjoy watching teams like the Wings, instead of being subjected to the Maple Leafs (as is the custom here in southern Ontario). Fantastic to finally see the Wings in the Eastern Conference.

 ***The Wings have so much depth, this year, it has all of us talking. That is a good thing if you are a Wings fan. It will all fall into place because as we know there will be injuries. If Helmer gets healthy and I mean back to 100%, that will be a big help with his tenacity and speed. Nyquist and Tatar will get their chance. To me, our defense will be the key this year. How much will they improve? Smith has to be better with the puck in his own end and I'm still not sure about Quincey. If the Wings keep their team GAA around 2 they can make some noise this year...Go Wings!!!

 **Smith still makes me hold my breath when he has the puck in our end - but I have a feeling he plays with more confidence now. lets give him the chance he deserves

**Team looks great, but I'm still scratching my head over why Kenny Holland decided to re-sign Cleary and Samuelsson when there's guys in the AHL who have outgrown it (Mainly Nyquist and Tatar).

 **Good game on both sides. Cam Ward should be a star of game - great performance. Also Howard made some spectacular saves. Zetterbergs a beast. I also like Alfi a lot. Cleary and Franzen need to step up!

 **Zetterberg is electric to watch. He's all over the ice and almost always makes something out of nothing at both ends of the rink. I really hope he have the energy to do this several games in a row. Last season he could be invisible for 3 or 4 games and then he came back with a performance like tonight. If both the euro twins could perform like this in more games, that line will tear up the east. I actually picked DeKeyser as the third pick in the fantasy draft after what i saw from him the last season and it sure looks like a good pick. This guy have the poise of Lidstrom and is for sure a future Norris Trophy winner. Think about all the speed the Wings will have when Nyquist, Tatar and Helm will play together instead of the zombies the Wings are forced to play with the salary cap.


0 comments:

Post a Comment