**Bryzgalov is a great goaltender and proved it with a good Defensive team. Philly doesn't have that anymore. You lost Pronger and Carle which back then you were a top 3 defense in the league. Also don't have the 2-way forwards up front like Carter and Richards.
**Imagine what would have happened if in 2010 you had Bryz or Bob you would have won Boucher and Leighton both LOL. But then you lost all players besides Giroux and Hartnell that made you a contender. It amazed me how GM still has job after Carter and Richards deals. Then trade JVR come on. You trade away top 3 forwards for #5 and 6 forwards. Simmons Voracek lucky to make 5 or 6 forward on any team.
**You're kidding right? Voracek is a 1st line winger, and Simmonds is a solid second liner. Both Schenn and Couts have loads of potential, and Schenn is leading the team with points right now, being one of the only players to actually play a game it seems. As for JVR, they traded him away to get what they needed. A defenseman thats been fantastic for us thus far. The deal worked out for both teams. A lot of you want to blame Holmgren because you want to blame it on somebody. And you're forgetting all the good moves hes made over the years. "He put together a team with no chemistry!" Bull. This is essentially the same team that went to the playoffs two seasons ago. They're slumping, which every team does at some point. Instead of blaming a single solitary person, blame the entire team. Management and the players a like. With the team they are on paper, there is no reason this team should be struggling.
**Who does Detroit have pictures of in the league office that continues to blackmail the NHL? The Red Wings should have had no less than 10 penalties last night yet, just three were called? C'mon NHL, Detroit is not God's gift to hockey and should be treated accordingly.
**Buddy... Detroit has been screwed long and hard in the past. Philadelphia has NO RIGHT to complain either! Does "Broad Street Bullies" ring a bell. Maybe the Flyers need to play better.
**The Flyers goaltending situation will just be forever cursed. Bring in a guy who had a crazy good year last year and he drops back down again.
**No, Mason is clearly emerging as a competent goaltender. I am sure he will have bad plays and games, but he is definitely looking like the best goaltender we have had in a very long time.
**Have you followed the Flyers at all this season? This is the first game that could even remotely be the goalies fault. I wouldn't even fault Emery, the PK was horrendous.
**Emery was only good because he played on Chicago. I mean when your team is so solid in front of you they're going to pad your stats a bit. He's getting better scoring opportunities against now, his defense is not as good at blocking shots, driving offensive threats to the outside, or forcing guys out of the prime scoring areas. Chicago also plays a better two way game than Philly, so their forwards are more involved defensively as well, which makes the goalies job even easier. On average he's going to face less shots in Chicago, the shots he will face will be easier to handle, and more of them will be outside shots than he can see compared to screened shots or passing plays right in front of him. I mean he IS still good, but he can't possibly expect to post stats even remotely similar to his stats from last year.
**I love how you solved your own question and failed to realize it...it's not that Emery was great last or bad this year (although it's been 2 games), a lot of a goalie's success and failures hinge on the 5 players in front of him. See Bryzgalov, Illya
**i guess we don't really have one. it's not the red wings style. babcock said before the season started they're going to play the same as they always played even if theyre in a new conference which means skills over tough guys but that doesn't mean we don't have the players who will step up if needed.
**As I said before. The Flyers can't skate! The game seems to fast at times. The organization has to change approach. The tough, muck it up BS is gone and has been. It's a game of speed and/or solid tactical structure like Boston. All I hear is they are trying to figure it out. If you don't have a solid identity in this league your dead. Might be 1-7 by next week. Ouch!!! By the end of October your season may be over.
**Troll anygay, despite the fact Tootoo would easily punish Newbury, Newbury is lucky Big Bert, for some odd reason, decided he's not gonna be physical anymore after his 'incident' some years ago. Good lucking fighting him if he ever decides to let the mean out.
**Im happy Newbury did that. Not to start an argument but tootoo cheap shotted him in the corner bad. Newbury wouldnt have kept cross checking him into the ice if he didn't. It was nice to see a tough guy get his face shoved into the ice after he was given a dead leg, he deserved it. And if he is so tough why did he go down after a simple slash? Newbury didnt baseball swing him haha good for Newbury.
**I didn't see a cheapshot, I saw a clean check. My opinion is a bit biased, but I saw absolutely nothing wrong with the check, you'll have to explain what was wrong with it to me
**Ya i like it, get rosehill out of the lineup and some skilled guys on the ice because we obviousy dont have the skill we thought we did. Hartnell should be third line no doubt. He is gonna be even worse when he comes off that injury. Remember last year? I feel he might be the guy we trade or put on waivers by crhistmas, him or Coburn. And if we were not paying Mez a small fortune every year (5.5 mill) Gustafson would have the spot. He gives the D that quick shifty element that we need. Instead of having 6 giants excluding timmo who just sit around and watch the puck go in. Also Mason is the starter, that is clear. Emery is giving up somewhat soft goals that are leaving us with no momentum to start the game. Both Detriot and MOntreal were reachable if it weernt for his shaky play.
**mcginn g voracek schenn vinny Simmonds hartnell couts read raffle Talbot rinaldo some variation of these four lines would be best from this point on. Maybe even drop hartnell to the fourth for raffle if he continues to struggle because that guy has some serious skill.
**Ok Im not sure about that, but this league for sure favors certain clubs and I would not doubt they do some sketchy things. We are a league desperate for revenue. You know who I blame, Pens fans, they were non existent about 6 to 7 years ago and now they are the mainstream NHL club. For example, I go to school with a guy in Arizona, he was born here, played high school hockey for like a year (bender) and guess who became his favorite team after 09? The Penguins of course, what im saying is these are the type of fans who olove Detroit, Pitt, and now Chicago, you meet the most clueless fans the most often with people dressed in those jersey's. Front runners and bandwagoners, if any of those teams were in the FLyers position the fans would leave them high and dry, its a fact.
**funny how you try to bunch detroit with Pens and Hawks. Pens and hawks had no fans and were both bankrupt before they got cups. Wings fans have been here since 92 since they haven't stopped being a good playoff team. LOL you have no clue what your talking about. Its not called hockey town because we just started watching hockey.
**When Coburn, Grossmann, and Meszaros were all out last year and we had Lauridsen, Gustafson, and Konan in the lineup, we started winning games, albeit too late. Gustafsson really added a lot to this team tonight. So did McGinn who is a MAJOR upgrade on Hartnell. I felt that if Mason were in net and Coburn was benched in favor of Lauridsen, we would have had a much better chance. Plus I wouldn't be so upset at losing if this team was full of young guys earning their stripes instead of lazy over paid has-beens.
**Very true, they got rid of rosehill and Im sure they liked it when they didnt have a guy cost them the game by getting the dumbest penalty i have seen. The best part about this is that Gustafson and Mcginn scored, which is what we needed for them to stay up. Either way we will get to see alot of Mcginn and a good amount of Raffl until our scrub Hartnell is back, Im glad Vinny is only a week.... hartnell you can sit out, get out of shape, and maybe think about how your gonna score 30 goals this season. We all know you will be even worse when you get off the IR.
**I feel kind of the same way about our team. I mean they let Hudler go for $4mil.yr for 4 years, and signed Samuelsson instead, who has effectively done nothing so far, while Hudler is scoring at a point per game pace. Cleary and Bertuzzi are okay, I'm fine with Bert because he has top end skill still, but CLeary is not that skilled, and he takes a roster spot away from a young skilled forward
**Well, despite the loss, I can actually say that I smiled at times during this game. There was effort there. Can't you feel this is building and ready to explode? Woe betide the team that wakes the sleeping giant. Not saying we will win the next 76 games, but the guys played some respectable and effective hockey tonight. Question though - what's up with Coburn cringing and shying away from a shot block? His job to defend if I am not mistaken?
**I never like it when my team losing a game, but this one felt like a breeze of fresh air fot me despite the loss. For the first time this season I saw 60 minutes effort. Mistakes -yes, stupid penalties - yes, shaky goaltending - yes. But I was pleased with our overall effort. At least they had urgency and had some good offesive pressures. As for Detroit - Datsuck and Zettenberg... What more can I say.... The are always difference makers.
**More like look out Tootoo, a cheap for a cheap shot in my eyes. I liked that play, I dont like tootoo or that play he had in the corner on Newbury, obviously none of you saw what happened to Newbury. Do you honestly think he is gonna go up and slash a player for fun? NO, Tootoo clipped his head in the corner. The tough guy doesnt look so tough when he is crying on his knees.
**Giroux, Voracek, the Schenn brothers, Read, Gustofson(spelling) and Mason. EVERYONE ELSE ON THE NHL ROSTER IS TRADEABLE. TIME TO MAKE A MOVE HOMER, ONLY IF IT IMPROVES THE CLUB. If they trade Couturier with a defenceman and she'd some salary for a first line winger I would be extatic. Laughton can do a better job already. Hartnell and Simmonds are redundant trade one away, preferably Hartnell. Let Mezaros walk and trade Coburn if possible. Thank you Kimmo for being a great Flyer but it's time to retire. Striet and Vinny contracts are way to long, trade deadline bait. If they start using their heads they could have a cup winner in a few years. I'm sick of watching my team loose. Wake up fire Homer and Berube and hire smart hockey people outside the organization. Get rid of Rosehill, Newbury and Rinaldo AHL ALLSTARS. This team is full of holes, I know I could do a better job with a wide open wallet. THIS IS BULL !!!!
**Imagine what would have happened if in 2010 you had Bryz or Bob you would have won Boucher and Leighton both LOL. But then you lost all players besides Giroux and Hartnell that made you a contender. It amazed me how GM still has job after Carter and Richards deals. Then trade JVR come on. You trade away top 3 forwards for #5 and 6 forwards. Simmons Voracek lucky to make 5 or 6 forward on any team.
**You're kidding right? Voracek is a 1st line winger, and Simmonds is a solid second liner. Both Schenn and Couts have loads of potential, and Schenn is leading the team with points right now, being one of the only players to actually play a game it seems. As for JVR, they traded him away to get what they needed. A defenseman thats been fantastic for us thus far. The deal worked out for both teams. A lot of you want to blame Holmgren because you want to blame it on somebody. And you're forgetting all the good moves hes made over the years. "He put together a team with no chemistry!" Bull. This is essentially the same team that went to the playoffs two seasons ago. They're slumping, which every team does at some point. Instead of blaming a single solitary person, blame the entire team. Management and the players a like. With the team they are on paper, there is no reason this team should be struggling.
**Who does Detroit have pictures of in the league office that continues to blackmail the NHL? The Red Wings should have had no less than 10 penalties last night yet, just three were called? C'mon NHL, Detroit is not God's gift to hockey and should be treated accordingly.
**Buddy... Detroit has been screwed long and hard in the past. Philadelphia has NO RIGHT to complain either! Does "Broad Street Bullies" ring a bell. Maybe the Flyers need to play better.
**The Flyers goaltending situation will just be forever cursed. Bring in a guy who had a crazy good year last year and he drops back down again.
**No, Mason is clearly emerging as a competent goaltender. I am sure he will have bad plays and games, but he is definitely looking like the best goaltender we have had in a very long time.
**Have you followed the Flyers at all this season? This is the first game that could even remotely be the goalies fault. I wouldn't even fault Emery, the PK was horrendous.
**Emery was only good because he played on Chicago. I mean when your team is so solid in front of you they're going to pad your stats a bit. He's getting better scoring opportunities against now, his defense is not as good at blocking shots, driving offensive threats to the outside, or forcing guys out of the prime scoring areas. Chicago also plays a better two way game than Philly, so their forwards are more involved defensively as well, which makes the goalies job even easier. On average he's going to face less shots in Chicago, the shots he will face will be easier to handle, and more of them will be outside shots than he can see compared to screened shots or passing plays right in front of him. I mean he IS still good, but he can't possibly expect to post stats even remotely similar to his stats from last year.
**I love how you solved your own question and failed to realize it...it's not that Emery was great last or bad this year (although it's been 2 games), a lot of a goalie's success and failures hinge on the 5 players in front of him. See Bryzgalov, Illya
**i guess we don't really have one. it's not the red wings style. babcock said before the season started they're going to play the same as they always played even if theyre in a new conference which means skills over tough guys but that doesn't mean we don't have the players who will step up if needed.
**As I said before. The Flyers can't skate! The game seems to fast at times. The organization has to change approach. The tough, muck it up BS is gone and has been. It's a game of speed and/or solid tactical structure like Boston. All I hear is they are trying to figure it out. If you don't have a solid identity in this league your dead. Might be 1-7 by next week. Ouch!!! By the end of October your season may be over.
**Troll anygay, despite the fact Tootoo would easily punish Newbury, Newbury is lucky Big Bert, for some odd reason, decided he's not gonna be physical anymore after his 'incident' some years ago. Good lucking fighting him if he ever decides to let the mean out.
**Im happy Newbury did that. Not to start an argument but tootoo cheap shotted him in the corner bad. Newbury wouldnt have kept cross checking him into the ice if he didn't. It was nice to see a tough guy get his face shoved into the ice after he was given a dead leg, he deserved it. And if he is so tough why did he go down after a simple slash? Newbury didnt baseball swing him haha good for Newbury.
**I didn't see a cheapshot, I saw a clean check. My opinion is a bit biased, but I saw absolutely nothing wrong with the check, you'll have to explain what was wrong with it to me
**Ya i like it, get rosehill out of the lineup and some skilled guys on the ice because we obviousy dont have the skill we thought we did. Hartnell should be third line no doubt. He is gonna be even worse when he comes off that injury. Remember last year? I feel he might be the guy we trade or put on waivers by crhistmas, him or Coburn. And if we were not paying Mez a small fortune every year (5.5 mill) Gustafson would have the spot. He gives the D that quick shifty element that we need. Instead of having 6 giants excluding timmo who just sit around and watch the puck go in. Also Mason is the starter, that is clear. Emery is giving up somewhat soft goals that are leaving us with no momentum to start the game. Both Detriot and MOntreal were reachable if it weernt for his shaky play.
**mcginn g voracek schenn vinny Simmonds hartnell couts read raffle Talbot rinaldo some variation of these four lines would be best from this point on. Maybe even drop hartnell to the fourth for raffle if he continues to struggle because that guy has some serious skill.
**Ok Im not sure about that, but this league for sure favors certain clubs and I would not doubt they do some sketchy things. We are a league desperate for revenue. You know who I blame, Pens fans, they were non existent about 6 to 7 years ago and now they are the mainstream NHL club. For example, I go to school with a guy in Arizona, he was born here, played high school hockey for like a year (bender) and guess who became his favorite team after 09? The Penguins of course, what im saying is these are the type of fans who olove Detroit, Pitt, and now Chicago, you meet the most clueless fans the most often with people dressed in those jersey's. Front runners and bandwagoners, if any of those teams were in the FLyers position the fans would leave them high and dry, its a fact.
**funny how you try to bunch detroit with Pens and Hawks. Pens and hawks had no fans and were both bankrupt before they got cups. Wings fans have been here since 92 since they haven't stopped being a good playoff team. LOL you have no clue what your talking about. Its not called hockey town because we just started watching hockey.
**When Coburn, Grossmann, and Meszaros were all out last year and we had Lauridsen, Gustafson, and Konan in the lineup, we started winning games, albeit too late. Gustafsson really added a lot to this team tonight. So did McGinn who is a MAJOR upgrade on Hartnell. I felt that if Mason were in net and Coburn was benched in favor of Lauridsen, we would have had a much better chance. Plus I wouldn't be so upset at losing if this team was full of young guys earning their stripes instead of lazy over paid has-beens.
**Very true, they got rid of rosehill and Im sure they liked it when they didnt have a guy cost them the game by getting the dumbest penalty i have seen. The best part about this is that Gustafson and Mcginn scored, which is what we needed for them to stay up. Either way we will get to see alot of Mcginn and a good amount of Raffl until our scrub Hartnell is back, Im glad Vinny is only a week.... hartnell you can sit out, get out of shape, and maybe think about how your gonna score 30 goals this season. We all know you will be even worse when you get off the IR.
**I feel kind of the same way about our team. I mean they let Hudler go for $4mil.yr for 4 years, and signed Samuelsson instead, who has effectively done nothing so far, while Hudler is scoring at a point per game pace. Cleary and Bertuzzi are okay, I'm fine with Bert because he has top end skill still, but CLeary is not that skilled, and he takes a roster spot away from a young skilled forward
**Well, despite the loss, I can actually say that I smiled at times during this game. There was effort there. Can't you feel this is building and ready to explode? Woe betide the team that wakes the sleeping giant. Not saying we will win the next 76 games, but the guys played some respectable and effective hockey tonight. Question though - what's up with Coburn cringing and shying away from a shot block? His job to defend if I am not mistaken?
**I never like it when my team losing a game, but this one felt like a breeze of fresh air fot me despite the loss. For the first time this season I saw 60 minutes effort. Mistakes -yes, stupid penalties - yes, shaky goaltending - yes. But I was pleased with our overall effort. At least they had urgency and had some good offesive pressures. As for Detroit - Datsuck and Zettenberg... What more can I say.... The are always difference makers.
**More like look out Tootoo, a cheap for a cheap shot in my eyes. I liked that play, I dont like tootoo or that play he had in the corner on Newbury, obviously none of you saw what happened to Newbury. Do you honestly think he is gonna go up and slash a player for fun? NO, Tootoo clipped his head in the corner. The tough guy doesnt look so tough when he is crying on his knees.
**Giroux, Voracek, the Schenn brothers, Read, Gustofson(spelling) and Mason. EVERYONE ELSE ON THE NHL ROSTER IS TRADEABLE. TIME TO MAKE A MOVE HOMER, ONLY IF IT IMPROVES THE CLUB. If they trade Couturier with a defenceman and she'd some salary for a first line winger I would be extatic. Laughton can do a better job already. Hartnell and Simmonds are redundant trade one away, preferably Hartnell. Let Mezaros walk and trade Coburn if possible. Thank you Kimmo for being a great Flyer but it's time to retire. Striet and Vinny contracts are way to long, trade deadline bait. If they start using their heads they could have a cup winner in a few years. I'm sick of watching my team loose. Wake up fire Homer and Berube and hire smart hockey people outside the organization. Get rid of Rosehill, Newbury and Rinaldo AHL ALLSTARS. This team is full of holes, I know I could do a better job with a wide open wallet. THIS IS BULL !!!!
RSS Feed
Twitter
Posted in
0 comments:
Post a Comment