Sunday, October 20, 2013

**I was at the game sitting behind the LA bench and I made sure to give Jonathan Quick an ear full for being pulled in the second. Love the guy, great heart, great U.S. goaltender, but it wouldnt be hockey without some heckling.

**It was good to see the Bolts work together at both ends like they did, I think that Coop is doing a great job. It has been so much fun to watch the team, I can hardly wait to see Stamkos(playing a great two way game by the way) take off like a Rocket. Get ready the steam is building and then watch out. Keep up the good work Bolts!! Go Captain Marty!!!!

**Agreed with both of you. This is the first season in a while (excepting the 1/2 season we had Roli) where I don't fear the other team will score every time they're near our net!

**I feel like the league is giving us this long homestand to partly compensate for the unfortunate geographical oddity of the realignment, putting Tampa Bay and Florida with the NE. Whatever, I'll take it. Go Bolts!

**Yeah BOLTS! Another win against a quality squad. Cooper's got em playing solid 2-way hockey.

**I don't feel bad at all about how the Kings played. Everything went the Bolts' way, and they deserved the win. Both teams played great, and I can't wait to see you guys in LA in a month!

**I think the KINGS played horrible. Again to many turnovers, Voynov needs to get a boot up his +++. The bolts did play very well and yes they deserve that win, one team was ready to play the other wasn't.

**I feel like the Kings were soft in the first period, but they really dominated the second period and were pretty even in the third. They didn't produce goals, but they got great chances that just didn't pan out. I've seen the Kings play badly, but I didn't feel like last night was an example of that.

**Bishop is a beast. I still wonder why he wasnt in the net the first game of the season. Anyway, if Bishop is only allowing 2 goals or less a game you can bet Bolts will be in the finals this season.

**We have felt that way many times being in your house, it's all part of the game. If the Kings fans aren't whining about why are you? Good game Kings you are a tough team to play against.

**Right because being pushed into the net and having the puck hit you while in the net doesn't count either. I feel like the refs called and handled the game well.

**i have never seen such an aggressive and confident team lightning before. great passes,dekes,plays.....just amazing! keep going boys

**Why Sutter changed the lines while the team was on a 3 game win streak is beyond me. This is the 2nd game in 10 days that Quick has been replaced by Scrivens. Kings had plenty of opportunities to win that game. Tampa made the plays when it counted. Good win for the lightning and my Kings have some work to do!

**That is a classy reply right there and I thank you for that. You aren't yelling at anyone or blaming some dumb reason, you found a logical reason to what your team was doing wrong, and complimented the opponents on how they took advantage. I tip my hat to you sir.

**To be fair to quick, I think he was doing very well. I may have missed something but some of those goals were a long shot to block.

**The Bolts will have to really skate Thursday but , Bishop will do the Job, Know doubt the boys will have to score , but with the likes of Stamkos, Purcell, St Louis, , a (W) by 3 goals.

**What can I say, Tampa Bay outplayed my Kings and were skating circles around us for most of the game. Good win, Lightning. See you next time... in the Staples dome of doom and destruction... and trendy pop music that doesn't match a hockey game atmosphere, like at all.

**The funny thing is, the Richards no-goal reminds me of a similar incident in a Lightning-Kings game I was at in November, 2009. In that game, the Lightning appeared to score the GWG in overtime, but the ref ruled that Paul Szczechura interfered with Quick (although much like Richards, he was shoved into the goalie by an opponent and shouldn't have been called). The goal was disallowed, and the Kings went on to win in the shootout. Though the no-goal in this game probably wouldn't have done much, it COULD have turned the tide of the game. If you ask me though, it's almost like karma. One bad no-goal call deserves another.

**He'll get there soon. Despite all the time missed due to lockouts, I'm confident saying Marty will end up with 1200+ pts when it's all said and done. Given the shape he's in and how hard he works to stay that way, it wouldn't be outrageous to think he'll pull a Rechhi (43) or perhaps even a Chelios (what was he - 48 when he hung 'em up?). Regardless, he'll get the Hall-Call for sure; perhaps even a 1st ballot one!

**Can't believe I'm saying this but the Bolts defense has looked really good. The offense is producing the same as last season but the defense is really pitching in and whenever they've faltered Bishop has been outstanding. The Bolts playoff chances lay on the hands of Bishop and the defense.

**Couldn't have put it better, my friend. Even Hedman, who I normally roll my eyes at due to some of the awful decisions he makes at times, has played remarkably well. You can see the maturation is paying off. Gudas, if he's eligible (don't think he is), would deserve Calder consideration if the season ended today. Love the way he plays, outside of the occasional dumb penalty. And I'll take Filpulla over Vinny 7 days a week and twice on Sundays! Great Hockey two-way player.



0 comments:

Post a Comment