Stars handle Flames with quick three-goal burst
**God Flames what's with last night's play? Horrifying. Hope we pick it up. Then again, everyone expects us to do bad, so I guess we aren't underachieving.**Give a chance to berra, he does it well in the AHL!! Also why hartley has benched Baertschi, to bring in jackman, come onnnnnnn!!! Its jackman!!
**Wow, what a great win. What a difference not having Give-a-goal-ski in the lineup makes, eh? All kidding aside, it was nice to have a good, solid, all-around win like this after some seriously bad games earlier. Having Kari back there makes such a difference; the team just plays better knowing that he's in net. The top-six is playing great, and Nichushkin is really starting to come along as a player.
**I disagree with alot of the comments saying that Kari "won the game for Dallas". Tonight, perhaps for the first time of the season there were no defensive zone turnovers or unforced errors. If you look at the last 4 games, more or less 50% of the goals allowed have come on turnovers in our own zone. Today they really cleaned it up, easy plays to exit the zone, alot of shotblocking. Sure Kari made 28 saves, but there really wasn't that many quality chances for the Flames and more or less standard saves for Kari throughout the game. Anyhow, great to see the skid end, give us a W against the Jets saturday and maybe, maybe I'll start being a little optimistic!
**Well, depends on how you define lack of defense, atleast 3 of the goals was generated cause the Stars won the puckbattles along the boards. I'd like to think it was because Dallas outworked Calgary, and not because any particular mistakes in your defensive zone coverage. But hey, if it makes you feel better thinking that the Calgary D had an off night, fine by me.
**Man... defensive zone turnovers are just downright depressing! I know we got rookies in the line-up, but Breen's turnover that 'started' the barrage was really unforced. Ramo keeps playing well, but he can't magically fit the whole net every time someone gives the puck away - he could've probably had one of those three at best.
**Well, when you have a goalie that performs as one of the elite when he's healthy, yeah, it's nice to have. Our defense is pretty weak right now except for maybe robi and dillon.
**Kari is a major reason why we even were within sniffing distance of a playoff spot. Yes, Nill does need to find depth. Until there is a complete turnover on the blueline (save for Dillon, that is), this team is a long way from contending or dare I say, even making the playoffs.
**What a poorly chosen game to post this..... The Stars score 5 goals and this guy says "Kari is the only thing holding this team together" I guess when a team scores 5 times that's not the reason they one. What a ignorant hockey "fan"
**LJB, Nice knee-jerk reply. You must not have read your fellow Stars fan's posts on this thread about how Kari makes this team a completely different beast. The last thing I expected to see here after a 5-1 score was gamechanging credit going to the goaltender, but the majority of your fanbase here feels strongly about that. Hence, my comment.... and hope.... that your GM finds someone that can step up in the event you lose your tender again.
**I loved that the Hardline got to call it too! If you go look up the comments on hockeyfights. com, most everyone who's not familiar with Corby or Mike was confused about the announcing but thought it was hilarious.
**Well I know every other Flames fan hates MacDonald, and yes Ramo did not really have much of a chance but he hasnèt played very inspiring hockey no huge saves or anything remarkable he is solid but has yet to bail out the team or make a momentum shifting save. sorry for the run-on sentence my keyboard is messed up and limits my sentence structure like this is my question markÉ
**Last flames game I said the flames need a true veteran number 1 goalie and they all got mad and gave me negatives. Just for a couple years while breaking Berra in. Ramo can be really good, he showed that in the KHL however he has never been consistant.
**I would have been in favour of bringing in Bryzgalov over Ramo because Bryz has NHL experience or get rid of Mac and have Ramo back uping Bryz or Theodore
**What i mean is having Ramo as a backup so he can get accustomed to the North American game while having an actual starting goalie instead of mac
**Yeah I agree he's probably not playing the greatest, but when the alternative is Tim Jackman, I'd rather Sven any day. He's not going to improve sitting on the bench.
**This is almost as bad as our curse in Anaheim, but we don't play well in Dallas. I'm actually surprised at Dallas' record... they have a very good team. They certainly proved it tonight. We need better goaltending and defence... and tonight we couldn't score. Credit Dallas' shot-blocking and Lehtonen of course.
**Maybe this is a dumb question and if so I apologize, but why are the stars keeping Nichushkin? he hasn't produced much and isn't getting the ice time to help him develop that he would get in another league.
**They dont want to send him all the way back to Russia, he wont play in the AHL, and he needs to get used to NA hockey and general lifestyle. Hes not getting a lot of help playing with two of the worst puck handlers in Cole and Horcoff, but he is improving game by game. Maybe not this season but he will break out in big way for sure
**I think its a reasonable question. I think we all expected Val to be incredible right from the start. But I think he's being patient and learning the game here in the NHL. But like I said I think he is really improving, getting good looks and getting pucks to the net.
**Nichushkin has improved by leaps and bounds sense he was scratched for a game, he is starting to get it, taking what the defense is giving him instead of trying to bull his way through the best players in the world. He's 18, he has nothing but time.
**Solid win for the Stars, despite the fact they couldn't score on a 5 on 3 PP. Good to see Ruff shake things up by scratching Goligoski and changing the lines a little. SO GLAD KARI IS BACK!
**That's the way this season will be.. I honestly don't want us to make the playoffs.. Maybe we should go after Miller. Not a whole lot Ramo could do but watching Mac play against Phoenix was horrendous. And I would really like to see Sven Baertschi start scoring.
**Even as a Dallas resident, I don't appreciate Kari enough. This guy is seriously (when not injured) Vezina quality. I think Ellis is the best backup we've had in town in the last few years, but the difference between him and Kari in net is huge.
RSS Feed
Twitter
Posted in
0 comments:
Post a Comment