**I just want to say good game to both teams! Both had their flaws and both had some moments. I really wanted to say that the Hawks had better fans than I thought & expected. I was impressed with all the hawk fans around me near center ice glass. I was caught off guard by the number of hawk fans and the attitude. Great game and great experience.
Really wish though that it was a full bore game between both teams. All I see on here is the hawks saying how so and so didn't play well and x,y,z. As far my team went, I was not impressed with quite a number of things but we still managed to come back and hold it till the very end.
**Props to the Canes. Got lots of love for them living in NC for so long. I hope to see them back in the Cup run again soon. Other than the 2010 and 2013 Cup campaigns for the Hawks, I enjoyed the 2006 Canes Cup run under during the Brind-amour era. As for the game, this was a typical case of the Hawks letting off the gas against a more-than-capable Canes team. The Canes have weapons, and they showed up in the 3rd. Can't wait til we meet again in Chicago...let's do it again in June!
**Okay Blackhawks- You should have plenty of motivation for tomorrow's game against the Blues. Please make sure you keep the throttle wide open for the full 60 minutes. Hopefully soften up Halak early. That cat is the Real Deal
**Do the Hawks play anyone soon who has a bad goaltender? Tired of these outstanding performances by the opposing goalie.
**We won the game end of story, if you think giving up a lead is a new thing??? then welcome to the bandwagon you jumped on in the playoffs last year. Hawks had the same issue all last season but kept finding a way to win. GG Canes, Go Hawks!!!
**Was very encouraged to see Crow have good game. His only problem as far as I can see is the more mundane shots he faces. He gets up for the really good chances and is great at stopping them, but seems to let in a softy or two ala Hainsey's goal last night. When a good goal scorer like Semin gets a great look and roofs one over your shoulder, theres nothing you can do about that, but Hainsey's goal was very fluky and shoulda been stopped I thought
**Coach Q should try Saad-Toews-Kane in first and put Bickell on the third. He makes to many mistakes when he has the puck and he hasn't played good enough in front of the net.
**Agreed. I was really hoping he had figured it out in the playoffs last year but so far hes back to into a slug. Hes still got time. Maybe he'll figure it out again
**Buffalo would kill for the amount of scoring Carolina has. They're far worse with an even better goalie
**Definitely wasn't let down with a very tough game. Outside of the canes lackluster first period, it was fast, exciting hockey. Sharp is one of my favorite players in the league, so I at least appreciated that final shot. Both goalies played solid. Great seeing Ruu back in form tonight. And wow, Murphy with 25 minutes! Hainsey with his first goal in a long time really showed some speed as well. Hate that our OT/SO bad luck continues, but at least the Blackhawk fans were classy afterwards.
**You can't underestimate the play of Hjalmarsson- that dude is all over the defensive zone- he's every bit as good as Keith & Seabrook, IMO. He makes pin-point passes to the forwards time after time. Love his game..
**I fully agree. Hes become an elite defensive dman and has gotten more comfortable with the puck every year. Against either Buffalo or NYI, I don't quite recall, he actually carried the puck and held it behind the oppositions net(!) and delivered a sweet pass to set up a goal. I was absolutely amazed. He had never done that before. Hes like Seabrook now. A great defender who is finding ways to get into the offensive game. Its obvious now why they kept Hjammy instead of Niemi four years ago
**Very entertaining game and both goalies were oustanding. My reaction to the game was , never, do I recall seeing Toews dominated on f/o as he was tonight by J Stall mostly. But also winless vs Gerbe and EStall, going under 30% for the night. That is unheard of so my hats off to Carolina. Also AShaw was even worse at 3/13 and 23%. . Hawks aren't great at the dot but usually not THAT bad, at least 'Zus was solid keeping us within -15
**agree but its been an ongoing problem. 19 is the only one who you can count on most nights...tuff to play their game if they are losing draws regularly. Obviously they overcame it last year but its frustrating
**No doubt. Freddy (Kruger) is terrible at them, but he seemed to improve this season. Handzus has been pretty good besides Toews, but Kruger, Nordstrom, Shaw, and Saad have been awful. And Kane hasn't won a single face off yet
**I'll take the point, but I'm still steaming about that first period. And also the ridiculously stupid O-zone penalty by our "Captain" that led to the 2nd goal. Other than that, pleased with Cam's game. Thought he was very calm and confident in net, can't blame him for either goal. Good to see the Staal / Semin line finally get one in. They need that line to score. Oh, and Ryan Murphy can fly, but he is not NHL ready. Great game to watch (after the 1st period)
**Makes me laugh when I see all these spoiled Blackhawks fans, their team plays well and they get the win on the road vs a team whose goalie was playing really well....yet they are still complaining why they are giving up leads or not dominating the entire game....stop being silly, have you seen how other teams have played early in the season after they win a stanley cup (mind you 2 in the last 4 for you)...even with a lack of incentive and energy Chicago is still dominating their games, they should have won again TB and deserved at least a point vs the Blues, could have easily been undefeated so far this season. Stop whining and enjoy this amazing team you have, very good chance they repeat as champions imo.
**Thank you! I think you're right when you say we're spoiled. Winning usually does that to teams. I remember Red Wings fans at the turn of the century when they were still amazing, yet hadn't won consecutive Cup in a couple of years, and we couldn't escape the cellar. They were really worried, yet crushed us in the standings year in and year out. It was a bit annoying, to tell you the truth. I, for one, certainly enjoy the great times the 'Hawks are having! And my second favorite team is the Leafs. Looks like this will be a great year! A cup final between us would be a dream come true (hasn't happened yet in my nearly 40 years of existence), but honestly, I think it will be the Rangers this season. Please don't ask me why, 'cause I have no idea. It's just a feeling I have... Now, if only the East can get their act together. They've been absolutely dominated by the West so far. I'd hate for three team to miss the playoffs, even though they would've finished 7th in the other conference. This based on prorated points/ROWs.
**Yes too many of us hawks fans are spoiled but theres nothing wrong with holding your excellent hockey team to high standards. I think many fans are reacting this way because there are 3 or 4 teams that are absolutely killing it right now, and as defending champs and an elite team, fans want to see 5-1 or 6-1 victories out of the hawks as well
**I can see that, and of course I would love for that to happen as well! But I can understand that it feels a bit inappropriate for other fans, when we're on pace for a 123-point season again. That said: Go 'HAWKS!!!
**oyvind : I am a die-hard Hawks' & Leafs' fan for 45years....and counting. I too would love to see that Final. I guess if it were to happen now, I would really have to cheer the Leafs on, for their first Cup since 67. It would be a great Final because I would obviously have a winner either way. Don't meet too many Hawks' + Leafs' fan on these site but there was another. GO HAWKS GO !!! GO LEAFS GO !!! Let's meet in the Finals. Would be awesome.
**Makes me laugh when other teams fans come on a page and start bashing and generalizing on a fan base. There are a ton of Hawks fans just because a few do something doesnt mean they all do, should I generalize about Toronto fans??? Cuz I have seen alot of childish unintelligent trolls from the Toronto base but doesnt mean they all are. Go on your own teams pages and talk dont need you over here with your unsupported comments. Go Hawks!!!
**Can't believe Kane and Toews couldnt score and Sharp ends up putting it away... I mean Sharp is an insanely good forward and goal scorer but in terms of shootouts and breakaways he always uses the same move... ALWAYS backhand forehand
**Hossa always fires a low wrister. And if the goalie would just close his legs, Toews would be stopped 9/10 times. He loves that five hole on shootouts
**Congrats to the Canes for a good team and clean game which they came close to winning at the end . Now we have to move on from a classy team to a dirty team. Looks like Blues have some Raffi Torres copy-cats. So we have to keep our heads up in the game and send them back to St Louis with another 6 goals back-to-back
**I'm loving Murphy. His ability to make offense, his speed and puck control is something I don't see from anyone else on the back end (Sekera and jfaulk do but with less speed). He is going to have slip ups, but he is putting pressure on in our zone, he's going to the boards and no one seems to be able to catch him. His ability to get control and set up the PP was obvious. 25 minutes in the game tells me Muller is willing to put him through his paces and is seeing his worth.
**Props to the Canes. Got lots of love for them living in NC for so long. I hope to see them back in the Cup run again soon. Other than the 2010 and 2013 Cup campaigns for the Hawks, I enjoyed the 2006 Canes Cup run under during the Brind-amour era. As for the game, this was a typical case of the Hawks letting off the gas against a more-than-capable Canes team. The Canes have weapons, and they showed up in the 3rd. Can't wait til we meet again in Chicago...let's do it again in June!
**Okay Blackhawks- You should have plenty of motivation for tomorrow's game against the Blues. Please make sure you keep the throttle wide open for the full 60 minutes. Hopefully soften up Halak early. That cat is the Real Deal
**Do the Hawks play anyone soon who has a bad goaltender? Tired of these outstanding performances by the opposing goalie.
**We won the game end of story, if you think giving up a lead is a new thing??? then welcome to the bandwagon you jumped on in the playoffs last year. Hawks had the same issue all last season but kept finding a way to win. GG Canes, Go Hawks!!!
**Was very encouraged to see Crow have good game. His only problem as far as I can see is the more mundane shots he faces. He gets up for the really good chances and is great at stopping them, but seems to let in a softy or two ala Hainsey's goal last night. When a good goal scorer like Semin gets a great look and roofs one over your shoulder, theres nothing you can do about that, but Hainsey's goal was very fluky and shoulda been stopped I thought
**Coach Q should try Saad-Toews-Kane in first and put Bickell on the third. He makes to many mistakes when he has the puck and he hasn't played good enough in front of the net.
**Agreed. I was really hoping he had figured it out in the playoffs last year but so far hes back to into a slug. Hes still got time. Maybe he'll figure it out again
**Buffalo would kill for the amount of scoring Carolina has. They're far worse with an even better goalie
**Definitely wasn't let down with a very tough game. Outside of the canes lackluster first period, it was fast, exciting hockey. Sharp is one of my favorite players in the league, so I at least appreciated that final shot. Both goalies played solid. Great seeing Ruu back in form tonight. And wow, Murphy with 25 minutes! Hainsey with his first goal in a long time really showed some speed as well. Hate that our OT/SO bad luck continues, but at least the Blackhawk fans were classy afterwards.
**You can't underestimate the play of Hjalmarsson- that dude is all over the defensive zone- he's every bit as good as Keith & Seabrook, IMO. He makes pin-point passes to the forwards time after time. Love his game..
**I fully agree. Hes become an elite defensive dman and has gotten more comfortable with the puck every year. Against either Buffalo or NYI, I don't quite recall, he actually carried the puck and held it behind the oppositions net(!) and delivered a sweet pass to set up a goal. I was absolutely amazed. He had never done that before. Hes like Seabrook now. A great defender who is finding ways to get into the offensive game. Its obvious now why they kept Hjammy instead of Niemi four years ago
**Very entertaining game and both goalies were oustanding. My reaction to the game was , never, do I recall seeing Toews dominated on f/o as he was tonight by J Stall mostly. But also winless vs Gerbe and EStall, going under 30% for the night. That is unheard of so my hats off to Carolina. Also AShaw was even worse at 3/13 and 23%. . Hawks aren't great at the dot but usually not THAT bad, at least 'Zus was solid keeping us within -15
**agree but its been an ongoing problem. 19 is the only one who you can count on most nights...tuff to play their game if they are losing draws regularly. Obviously they overcame it last year but its frustrating
**No doubt. Freddy (Kruger) is terrible at them, but he seemed to improve this season. Handzus has been pretty good besides Toews, but Kruger, Nordstrom, Shaw, and Saad have been awful. And Kane hasn't won a single face off yet
**I'll take the point, but I'm still steaming about that first period. And also the ridiculously stupid O-zone penalty by our "Captain" that led to the 2nd goal. Other than that, pleased with Cam's game. Thought he was very calm and confident in net, can't blame him for either goal. Good to see the Staal / Semin line finally get one in. They need that line to score. Oh, and Ryan Murphy can fly, but he is not NHL ready. Great game to watch (after the 1st period)
**Makes me laugh when I see all these spoiled Blackhawks fans, their team plays well and they get the win on the road vs a team whose goalie was playing really well....yet they are still complaining why they are giving up leads or not dominating the entire game....stop being silly, have you seen how other teams have played early in the season after they win a stanley cup (mind you 2 in the last 4 for you)...even with a lack of incentive and energy Chicago is still dominating their games, they should have won again TB and deserved at least a point vs the Blues, could have easily been undefeated so far this season. Stop whining and enjoy this amazing team you have, very good chance they repeat as champions imo.
**Thank you! I think you're right when you say we're spoiled. Winning usually does that to teams. I remember Red Wings fans at the turn of the century when they were still amazing, yet hadn't won consecutive Cup in a couple of years, and we couldn't escape the cellar. They were really worried, yet crushed us in the standings year in and year out. It was a bit annoying, to tell you the truth. I, for one, certainly enjoy the great times the 'Hawks are having! And my second favorite team is the Leafs. Looks like this will be a great year! A cup final between us would be a dream come true (hasn't happened yet in my nearly 40 years of existence), but honestly, I think it will be the Rangers this season. Please don't ask me why, 'cause I have no idea. It's just a feeling I have... Now, if only the East can get their act together. They've been absolutely dominated by the West so far. I'd hate for three team to miss the playoffs, even though they would've finished 7th in the other conference. This based on prorated points/ROWs.
**Yes too many of us hawks fans are spoiled but theres nothing wrong with holding your excellent hockey team to high standards. I think many fans are reacting this way because there are 3 or 4 teams that are absolutely killing it right now, and as defending champs and an elite team, fans want to see 5-1 or 6-1 victories out of the hawks as well
**I can see that, and of course I would love for that to happen as well! But I can understand that it feels a bit inappropriate for other fans, when we're on pace for a 123-point season again. That said: Go 'HAWKS!!!
**oyvind : I am a die-hard Hawks' & Leafs' fan for 45years....and counting. I too would love to see that Final. I guess if it were to happen now, I would really have to cheer the Leafs on, for their first Cup since 67. It would be a great Final because I would obviously have a winner either way. Don't meet too many Hawks' + Leafs' fan on these site but there was another. GO HAWKS GO !!! GO LEAFS GO !!! Let's meet in the Finals. Would be awesome.
**Makes me laugh when other teams fans come on a page and start bashing and generalizing on a fan base. There are a ton of Hawks fans just because a few do something doesnt mean they all do, should I generalize about Toronto fans??? Cuz I have seen alot of childish unintelligent trolls from the Toronto base but doesnt mean they all are. Go on your own teams pages and talk dont need you over here with your unsupported comments. Go Hawks!!!
**Can't believe Kane and Toews couldnt score and Sharp ends up putting it away... I mean Sharp is an insanely good forward and goal scorer but in terms of shootouts and breakaways he always uses the same move... ALWAYS backhand forehand
**Hossa always fires a low wrister. And if the goalie would just close his legs, Toews would be stopped 9/10 times. He loves that five hole on shootouts
**Congrats to the Canes for a good team and clean game which they came close to winning at the end . Now we have to move on from a classy team to a dirty team. Looks like Blues have some Raffi Torres copy-cats. So we have to keep our heads up in the game and send them back to St Louis with another 6 goals back-to-back
**I'm loving Murphy. His ability to make offense, his speed and puck control is something I don't see from anyone else on the back end (Sekera and jfaulk do but with less speed). He is going to have slip ups, but he is putting pressure on in our zone, he's going to the boards and no one seems to be able to catch him. His ability to get control and set up the PP was obvious. 25 minutes in the game tells me Muller is willing to put him through his paces and is seeing his worth.
RSS Feed
Twitter
Posted in
0 comments:
Post a Comment