**Wouldn't have given a nickel for the Canes' chances going to the 3rd down 2-0. I mean they did it against Chicago, but I never would've thought they'd do it 2 games in a row. And that third one... fluky, but they were due for one of those to go their way. Good to see Ward looking Ward-like again too (although I'm sure he'd like to have that second goal back). Right now I'm just hoping they can escape the October schedule above .500.
**Right back atcha! I'm "cautiously optimistic" about the Canes' prospects this year. On balance they look to be good, but not quite great so far. Hopefully they can win a few more in October against the high-caliber competition and get some momentum going. They'll need it.
**Honestly guys, I hate the way we lost that game, it hurts bad to lose on a blooper goal like that, but that WAS the right call on the play. The Canes player was in position to beat the play, and that is the discretionary part of the hybrid icing rule to not call the play dead. The refs made the right move, Bernier should have been prepared for it. It was a goof, it happens, time to move on and forget about it. The only questionable icing I saw in the game was the one with less than a minute (?) left in the game, but I guess that could have been shrugged off to the fact it looked like it wouldn't make it to the line. Either way, GLG!
**I'm sorry but in what universe could that clearing attempt not be considered icing. Apparently, one of the canes had a head start on the Leafs? Seriously? They were 80 feet away and it was blatantly obvious that there was no clear way that a Cane could make a play on the puck before it crossed the goal line. Get off the fence NHL either go no touch or don't but this hybrid shjt has got to go. Do I sound like a whiny Leafs fan...rant over...sigh...wake up Bernier, the puck wasn't spinning it was flat on the ice off the dasher. ok, rant really over now. I need a drink.
**I just now watched the replay. It's really close. I think the puck might have gone in before the Leaf player reached the dot. The whistle doesn't blow until the defending player reaches the dot, assuming he is ahead of the offensive player. It is really close, but I think that was a good goal. Just one man's opinion. I think it would have been icing if it didn't go in the goal.
**The Leafs had this one and let it slip away...looks like they stopped playing in the second period..if the game was only 40 mins they could have won this one..but hey..that's what happens when you go to sleep mode on a lead...they deserved to lose the game because of that...guess they won't be doing that again..plus Carlyle was stupid to let his team decide for an optional practice...he keeps doing this and he may get fired as well.
**He's been roughed up a couple of times this year, and hasn't looked his best for most of the season. But he looked solid last night. Much more Ward-like. Which is good, because Carolina is going to need that in the new division.
**Its funny. A bunch of the wins the leafs got, they probably could have and should have lost. But if you look at the goals scored in the 2 losses the leafs had, they really could have won those games. Some of the goals scored in those 2 games were ugly ones. So really, the leafs could be 6-2 or 2-6 at this point.
**Watching the games though, the two losses both had me feeling they weren't playing well enough to win, whereas in the wins, even when others such as the win against Wild the other night I always felt confident we would get the win. Those games it looked like it was only a matter of time before attacking lays resulted in a good scoring chance whereas the two losses I didn't get that impression. Both times we looked a bit 'flat'.
**The refs made the difference for that game. I've seen some terrible calls on Toronto for the past 3 home games, and I'm getting tired of it. You can't even play hockey anymore, the refs take all the flow out of the game, calling way too many crappy penalties.
**Agreed. At first intermission last night I was wondering if the officials have been told to be more strict in what they call. I was thinking that I wished they'd let the players get on with it so we could watch some good 5 on 5 hockey. Some of the calls in the last two games it has been hard to spot the infraction even when you watch the replays over again.
**I think Cam Ward wants to make a statement about not being invited to Sochi. :O. very well played game, and while it's tough to see a better performance game by the leafs result in a loss, it's almost expected and certainly accepted with all the should have loss wins we got recently. Everything balances out. I think I'll keep an eye on Carolina to see how Ward progresses to earn a late invite for Team CAN, still a stellar goalie in my books.
**I think the best part of this loss was those Leafs fans on the preview boards talking about how this game against the Canes isn't a real test because their a "bottom tier" team just like the Habs and Sens. Typical delusional Leafs fan. This is why no one in this country can take you losers serious. Here's a dose of reality for you: while you were busy NOT making the playoffs, the Canes were busy winning the Stanley cup in 2006. The Sens, with a nearly crippled team not only made the Playoffs but went the furthest out of all Canadian teams last season. And the Habs, while you only made the Playoffs twice in a decade (one of which was during a shortened season) they made the playoffs 7 times. Are you seeing a pattern here? Here's a hint. Despite your good start and inflated heads, we're 5-6 games into the season. The only TRUE bottom tier team around here is the Leafs and until you can actually produce success, and do it CONSISTENTLY (i.e. year after year) you will remain the only real bottom tier team. Until then, shut the hellup.
**Yeah, living in Illinois doesn't have anything to do with it. So original with the bandwagon lines Seriously, outside Ottawa, who cheers for the Senators?
**"not only made the Playoffs but went the furthest out of all Canadian teams last season. " lol between the two worst playoff teams in the conference someone had to win.
**Sens fans are delusional if they think their team is gonna win a cup u guys are not any close than we are so please keep you stupid opinions to urself and don't worry what leaf fans say we have a good team this year and are proud of them so plz shut the hell up urself and worry about ur own team.
**Been saying it since last season, they need to fix their system. They can't continue to be outshot and expect to win most of their games. They certainly won't win a cup this way. They rely on their goaltenders so much. If it was any below average goalie, leafs would be dead last. This was an issue most of last season and i can't believe it hasnt been fixed yet.
**Also that blown icing call at the end was lame though. Granted Bernier should have been prepared until the moment it was called so it still is mostly his fault but the linesman was ready to call it.
**2 points the Leafs shout have had. You can't sit back 20+ minutes, especially on only a 2 goal lead. I hope after Chicago humiliates us on Saturday, we wake up and start to play a full game. Good game by the Canes, Ward is a beast. Also Lupul is on fire right now!
**I'm really hoping that last night's game was humiliating enough, hope that Randy C. plays back all their games and all their off sides, giveaways, and bad passes, like clockwork orange style. Mandatory practices no freebees, time to get their sh together and come off big in bandwagon town.
**they clearly had some bad luck yesterday but the mistakes were uncalled for, off sides, icing, they look like they're trying to get it together but can't. we'll get Clarkson back soon so hopefully he can help with the leading, he is Wendel material, he's not a C but the way D.P is playing leaves a lot to wish for, unfortunately..
**I feel like Dion could be useful but maybe as a second pair D man. He's clearly not the stud the team needs but you can't argue he is an above average d man. Still a few pieces away from being a contender but we are on the right track. If the leafs can stay healthy and tighten up play in their end we could do some damage this year.
**I agree completely, Ward kept the Canes in the game with the remarkable saves. I know there are alot of Cam Ward haters out there, but the guy is remarkable. He keeps them in the game more times than what a normal goalie would.
**I like Cam Ward, he's a great goalie. I just wish he'd have an off day against the Leafs again one day. That would be nice.
**I don't know how one can hate cam ward. He never get any attention around the league yet if he's healthy and on his game he's easily in the top 5 for a spot on team canada.
**Remember the one that somebody tried to lob into the corner and John Grahame went out to play it... not realizing that David Tanabe had tipped it and alla sudden... Grahame is diving back to the crease... too late. It was several years ago against.. .Atlanta maybe?
**Right back atcha! I'm "cautiously optimistic" about the Canes' prospects this year. On balance they look to be good, but not quite great so far. Hopefully they can win a few more in October against the high-caliber competition and get some momentum going. They'll need it.
**Honestly guys, I hate the way we lost that game, it hurts bad to lose on a blooper goal like that, but that WAS the right call on the play. The Canes player was in position to beat the play, and that is the discretionary part of the hybrid icing rule to not call the play dead. The refs made the right move, Bernier should have been prepared for it. It was a goof, it happens, time to move on and forget about it. The only questionable icing I saw in the game was the one with less than a minute (?) left in the game, but I guess that could have been shrugged off to the fact it looked like it wouldn't make it to the line. Either way, GLG!
**I'm sorry but in what universe could that clearing attempt not be considered icing. Apparently, one of the canes had a head start on the Leafs? Seriously? They were 80 feet away and it was blatantly obvious that there was no clear way that a Cane could make a play on the puck before it crossed the goal line. Get off the fence NHL either go no touch or don't but this hybrid shjt has got to go. Do I sound like a whiny Leafs fan...rant over...sigh...wake up Bernier, the puck wasn't spinning it was flat on the ice off the dasher. ok, rant really over now. I need a drink.
**I just now watched the replay. It's really close. I think the puck might have gone in before the Leaf player reached the dot. The whistle doesn't blow until the defending player reaches the dot, assuming he is ahead of the offensive player. It is really close, but I think that was a good goal. Just one man's opinion. I think it would have been icing if it didn't go in the goal.
**The Leafs had this one and let it slip away...looks like they stopped playing in the second period..if the game was only 40 mins they could have won this one..but hey..that's what happens when you go to sleep mode on a lead...they deserved to lose the game because of that...guess they won't be doing that again..plus Carlyle was stupid to let his team decide for an optional practice...he keeps doing this and he may get fired as well.
**He's been roughed up a couple of times this year, and hasn't looked his best for most of the season. But he looked solid last night. Much more Ward-like. Which is good, because Carolina is going to need that in the new division.
**Its funny. A bunch of the wins the leafs got, they probably could have and should have lost. But if you look at the goals scored in the 2 losses the leafs had, they really could have won those games. Some of the goals scored in those 2 games were ugly ones. So really, the leafs could be 6-2 or 2-6 at this point.
**Watching the games though, the two losses both had me feeling they weren't playing well enough to win, whereas in the wins, even when others such as the win against Wild the other night I always felt confident we would get the win. Those games it looked like it was only a matter of time before attacking lays resulted in a good scoring chance whereas the two losses I didn't get that impression. Both times we looked a bit 'flat'.
**The refs made the difference for that game. I've seen some terrible calls on Toronto for the past 3 home games, and I'm getting tired of it. You can't even play hockey anymore, the refs take all the flow out of the game, calling way too many crappy penalties.
**Agreed. At first intermission last night I was wondering if the officials have been told to be more strict in what they call. I was thinking that I wished they'd let the players get on with it so we could watch some good 5 on 5 hockey. Some of the calls in the last two games it has been hard to spot the infraction even when you watch the replays over again.
**I think Cam Ward wants to make a statement about not being invited to Sochi. :O. very well played game, and while it's tough to see a better performance game by the leafs result in a loss, it's almost expected and certainly accepted with all the should have loss wins we got recently. Everything balances out. I think I'll keep an eye on Carolina to see how Ward progresses to earn a late invite for Team CAN, still a stellar goalie in my books.
**I think the best part of this loss was those Leafs fans on the preview boards talking about how this game against the Canes isn't a real test because their a "bottom tier" team just like the Habs and Sens. Typical delusional Leafs fan. This is why no one in this country can take you losers serious. Here's a dose of reality for you: while you were busy NOT making the playoffs, the Canes were busy winning the Stanley cup in 2006. The Sens, with a nearly crippled team not only made the Playoffs but went the furthest out of all Canadian teams last season. And the Habs, while you only made the Playoffs twice in a decade (one of which was during a shortened season) they made the playoffs 7 times. Are you seeing a pattern here? Here's a hint. Despite your good start and inflated heads, we're 5-6 games into the season. The only TRUE bottom tier team around here is the Leafs and until you can actually produce success, and do it CONSISTENTLY (i.e. year after year) you will remain the only real bottom tier team. Until then, shut the hellup.
**Yeah, living in Illinois doesn't have anything to do with it. So original with the bandwagon lines Seriously, outside Ottawa, who cheers for the Senators?
**"not only made the Playoffs but went the furthest out of all Canadian teams last season. " lol between the two worst playoff teams in the conference someone had to win.
**Sens fans are delusional if they think their team is gonna win a cup u guys are not any close than we are so please keep you stupid opinions to urself and don't worry what leaf fans say we have a good team this year and are proud of them so plz shut the hell up urself and worry about ur own team.
**Been saying it since last season, they need to fix their system. They can't continue to be outshot and expect to win most of their games. They certainly won't win a cup this way. They rely on their goaltenders so much. If it was any below average goalie, leafs would be dead last. This was an issue most of last season and i can't believe it hasnt been fixed yet.
**Also that blown icing call at the end was lame though. Granted Bernier should have been prepared until the moment it was called so it still is mostly his fault but the linesman was ready to call it.
**2 points the Leafs shout have had. You can't sit back 20+ minutes, especially on only a 2 goal lead. I hope after Chicago humiliates us on Saturday, we wake up and start to play a full game. Good game by the Canes, Ward is a beast. Also Lupul is on fire right now!
**I'm really hoping that last night's game was humiliating enough, hope that Randy C. plays back all their games and all their off sides, giveaways, and bad passes, like clockwork orange style. Mandatory practices no freebees, time to get their sh together and come off big in bandwagon town.
**they clearly had some bad luck yesterday but the mistakes were uncalled for, off sides, icing, they look like they're trying to get it together but can't. we'll get Clarkson back soon so hopefully he can help with the leading, he is Wendel material, he's not a C but the way D.P is playing leaves a lot to wish for, unfortunately..
**I feel like Dion could be useful but maybe as a second pair D man. He's clearly not the stud the team needs but you can't argue he is an above average d man. Still a few pieces away from being a contender but we are on the right track. If the leafs can stay healthy and tighten up play in their end we could do some damage this year.
**I agree completely, Ward kept the Canes in the game with the remarkable saves. I know there are alot of Cam Ward haters out there, but the guy is remarkable. He keeps them in the game more times than what a normal goalie would.
**I like Cam Ward, he's a great goalie. I just wish he'd have an off day against the Leafs again one day. That would be nice.
**I don't know how one can hate cam ward. He never get any attention around the league yet if he's healthy and on his game he's easily in the top 5 for a spot on team canada.
**Remember the one that somebody tried to lob into the corner and John Grahame went out to play it... not realizing that David Tanabe had tipped it and alla sudden... Grahame is diving back to the crease... too late. It was several years ago against.. .Atlanta maybe?
RSS Feed
Twitter
Posted in
0 comments:
Post a Comment