**For those of you blaming the loss on Clowe's injury I'd like to see any of you stand on the ice and do something about the puck. What's he going to do? Block another shot with his injured foot? There's only so much an injured player can do. Especially since he could barely even stand.I felt so bad for him trying to get back to the bench, but that's what happens in a game. Not his fault he got hurt.
**Once again we blow a 2 goal lead!!!!!!!!.......thanks to our D-fence !!!!!!......$&@$ing Volchenkov again!!!!!!!!!!!!........come on LOU bring up Gelinas and MERRILL Send off Volchenkov Salvador ....... It's clear our problem is defence and out power play is bad still!!!! ....... We have to make changes not change around. Our lines because it's still early in the season if we don't 4 games to 20 to 60 then net thing we're out of the playoffs We are extremely better than these 4 games so far..... Come on DEVILS' let's go ....... Jersey proud Jersey loud!!!!!!
**I hear ya man.Gelinas and Merrill should be playing!!!!..oh how bout your boy Brunner?..looking good.
**lol this was planned way back when the schedule was released, so your concern was yours alone. I assumed it was common knowledge they were doing a video tribute. Plus the fans gave him a standing ovation..... why would you be concerned, he was loved here? Weird.
**Santorelli: surely was one of 3 stars. He was into everything all night, both ways. Got to give Gillis A+ for that signing if he can keep up this type of play... Just shows what hard skating and determination can do.
**I think the Devils should try to get Loktionov more time, he was great last year for them. He had a better point per game ratio than Zajac, the team's number 1 center, and got way less ice time.
**I agree. He's good on both sides of the ice, he is a playmaker, has a decent shot, and can win faceoffs. Not sure if he should be the number 1 center just yet, but he deserves more time.
**The worst game we've played so far? Hardly. Last night wasn't a bad game, if it was a bad game we would have lost in regulation. Last night was just further proof that our defense is the weak link. They all said we'd have trouble getting goals, seems like we're having no problems getting goals, we're having more issues keeping the puck out of our own net. You can't even fault Brodeur or Schneider, their defense is just leaving them out to dry. We can only rely on our goalies so much, the puck should not be reaching them in the first place. Time to rethink our defensemen.
**Yeah, the only Liles in the game. The guy who should be on an NHL roster but doesn't ONE coaches style, and because of his salary he's buried.
**The defence is a mess.Merrill should be in there and maybe Gelinas.They both look better at getting the puck out of the zone to me.I like Greene and Fayne, but Salvador and Volchenkov gotta go, sorry to say.
**Great to see Torts using Garrison on the powerplay regardless of him being a left shot and Sedins LOVING a right shot. Never understood why AV was so stubborn on that, guy has a freakin bomb. Loving Santorelli more and more each game, hopefully he can stay healthy and be consistent.
**Good game, Vancouver, you guys look great; DEFINITELY not what Tortorella's Rangers looked like, he seems to have adjusted well, which I knew he was capable of considering his successes in Tampa Bay. I won't say the Devils look bad, we don't. But our defense is single handedly sabotaging games, and it's happening game by game. I didn't go into this season thinking our defense would ever be the problem. I thought our scoring would, I thought our goaltending would (before Draft Day, at least), I thought a million other things would affect this season in a negative way. But then the start of the season came along and our defense is just putrid. Our veterans are too comfortable with their jobs and Deboer's not doing the best job with Fayne and Larsson. Our depth, what we thought was working in our favor, is coming back to bite us right now. Lou and the coaches better sort it out quick. Our defense is in shambles, while our offense and goaltending (for the most part) are doing their jobs exceptionally well.
**Way too many turnovers for that Devils defense. Great to see Cory have a great game, although he got little help from defense/forwards. I really liked the signing of Richardson and didn't really know where Santorelli was going to fit but wow do they ever look good. Especially on the PK. I also like how Torts juggles the lines at the end of games when its close to generate some more offense. No harm in putting your best forward on that night with the Sedins for a bit, especially after we have some pressure on the opposing team.
**Two straight OTL's is tough to swallow, but what people are saying in the comments is correct - this is a tough road trip for Jersey. Back-to-back games in different timezones versus teams they don't have a great deal of experience playing against. I know I'm making excuses for them and it's true that they do need to stop dropping leads, but hey, we've still managed to get 2 out of a possible 4 points on our current road trip. Hopefully we can take it to Calgary on Friday and secure our first W.
**I wouldn't say excuses per se. This was also against the perennial top of the division finishing Canucks. While the second period wasn't great, the defense was arguably better than vs. Edmonton. While they should vs. Calgary, it is still early in the season. I'm not hitting the panic button yet. Waaaay too early.
**it was a great game last night with two great goalies...if you look at the league right now, the east is struggling against the west early on...its very hard to win on the road and be successful on a long road trip...so yes the devils have blown 2 leads, but they're getting points and that's better than nothing...but if deboer doesnt shape up and the defense keeps having breakdowns it could be a long year...we'll be better at home and it's a long year!! i still prefer schneider over brodeur in net.
**Wow. I don't know how to feel about this because the Devils haven't been able to finish the job on too many occasions now this season but at the same time most of my friends are Devils fans and I'm getting the last laugh.
**Someone gets the last laugh at the end of the season. If you're laughing at another team now, it's probably way too premature. Let's chat at the end of the season and see who gets to have the last laugh.
**Let's not forget that game belonged to the Kings, Quick and Doughty were playing terrible, and as a result to that 3rd period fluke of a goal, you were just barely able to hold on
**santorelli literally worked his but t off down from someone w/o an nhl team, to the fourth line then to the first line playing with the sedins most of the game. what a guy
**Deboer is absolutely pathetic with his defensive decisions. Sorry Salvador even if he's a captain and Volchenkov both need to go, their just too old and slow for this NHL. Both get pinned down deep and never hold the blue line. Salvador just backs up and Volchenkov can't keep a puck in nor do they have any recovery speed. Sitting Larsson who is a legit puck moving defenseman even though he makes some mistakes for these guys is a joke. Gelinas and Merrill have a future in this league and got buried in Albany. I'd rather have them playing. Plus I don't see why Deboer has never given Larsson a chance on the PP he was drafted because he was so skilled offensively yet we handcuff him. We need to go younger now because we actually do have forwards who can score despite the two most overrated guys Zajac and Henrique.
**Larsson has been playing on the Powerplay...he hasn't secured any points yet, PP or otherwise. That might be why maybe Deboer took him off last night? That's the kind of coach Deboer is - if things don't look like they're working, he'll shuffle the deck. I'm sure it won't be long before he does another shuffle and Larsson's back in on the PP. They're expecting a big season from Larsson this year.
**Totally agree. Salvador is awful, Volchenkov regardless of his shot blocking IMO is in terrible position far too many times. Larsson should be getting all the ice time because if he doesn't pan out the torches will be lit. That was regarded as the steal of the draft back in the day, hopefully somebody can finally clue in.
**Once again we blow a 2 goal lead!!!!!!!!.......thanks to our D-fence !!!!!!......$&@$ing Volchenkov again!!!!!!!!!!!!........come on LOU bring up Gelinas and MERRILL Send off Volchenkov Salvador ....... It's clear our problem is defence and out power play is bad still!!!! ....... We have to make changes not change around. Our lines because it's still early in the season if we don't 4 games to 20 to 60 then net thing we're out of the playoffs We are extremely better than these 4 games so far..... Come on DEVILS' let's go ....... Jersey proud Jersey loud!!!!!!
**I hear ya man.Gelinas and Merrill should be playing!!!!..oh how bout your boy Brunner?..looking good.
**lol this was planned way back when the schedule was released, so your concern was yours alone. I assumed it was common knowledge they were doing a video tribute. Plus the fans gave him a standing ovation..... why would you be concerned, he was loved here? Weird.
**Santorelli: surely was one of 3 stars. He was into everything all night, both ways. Got to give Gillis A+ for that signing if he can keep up this type of play... Just shows what hard skating and determination can do.
**I think the Devils should try to get Loktionov more time, he was great last year for them. He had a better point per game ratio than Zajac, the team's number 1 center, and got way less ice time.
**I agree. He's good on both sides of the ice, he is a playmaker, has a decent shot, and can win faceoffs. Not sure if he should be the number 1 center just yet, but he deserves more time.
**The worst game we've played so far? Hardly. Last night wasn't a bad game, if it was a bad game we would have lost in regulation. Last night was just further proof that our defense is the weak link. They all said we'd have trouble getting goals, seems like we're having no problems getting goals, we're having more issues keeping the puck out of our own net. You can't even fault Brodeur or Schneider, their defense is just leaving them out to dry. We can only rely on our goalies so much, the puck should not be reaching them in the first place. Time to rethink our defensemen.
**Yeah, the only Liles in the game. The guy who should be on an NHL roster but doesn't ONE coaches style, and because of his salary he's buried.
**The defence is a mess.Merrill should be in there and maybe Gelinas.They both look better at getting the puck out of the zone to me.I like Greene and Fayne, but Salvador and Volchenkov gotta go, sorry to say.
**Great to see Torts using Garrison on the powerplay regardless of him being a left shot and Sedins LOVING a right shot. Never understood why AV was so stubborn on that, guy has a freakin bomb. Loving Santorelli more and more each game, hopefully he can stay healthy and be consistent.
**Good game, Vancouver, you guys look great; DEFINITELY not what Tortorella's Rangers looked like, he seems to have adjusted well, which I knew he was capable of considering his successes in Tampa Bay. I won't say the Devils look bad, we don't. But our defense is single handedly sabotaging games, and it's happening game by game. I didn't go into this season thinking our defense would ever be the problem. I thought our scoring would, I thought our goaltending would (before Draft Day, at least), I thought a million other things would affect this season in a negative way. But then the start of the season came along and our defense is just putrid. Our veterans are too comfortable with their jobs and Deboer's not doing the best job with Fayne and Larsson. Our depth, what we thought was working in our favor, is coming back to bite us right now. Lou and the coaches better sort it out quick. Our defense is in shambles, while our offense and goaltending (for the most part) are doing their jobs exceptionally well.
**Way too many turnovers for that Devils defense. Great to see Cory have a great game, although he got little help from defense/forwards. I really liked the signing of Richardson and didn't really know where Santorelli was going to fit but wow do they ever look good. Especially on the PK. I also like how Torts juggles the lines at the end of games when its close to generate some more offense. No harm in putting your best forward on that night with the Sedins for a bit, especially after we have some pressure on the opposing team.
**Two straight OTL's is tough to swallow, but what people are saying in the comments is correct - this is a tough road trip for Jersey. Back-to-back games in different timezones versus teams they don't have a great deal of experience playing against. I know I'm making excuses for them and it's true that they do need to stop dropping leads, but hey, we've still managed to get 2 out of a possible 4 points on our current road trip. Hopefully we can take it to Calgary on Friday and secure our first W.
**I wouldn't say excuses per se. This was also against the perennial top of the division finishing Canucks. While the second period wasn't great, the defense was arguably better than vs. Edmonton. While they should vs. Calgary, it is still early in the season. I'm not hitting the panic button yet. Waaaay too early.
**it was a great game last night with two great goalies...if you look at the league right now, the east is struggling against the west early on...its very hard to win on the road and be successful on a long road trip...so yes the devils have blown 2 leads, but they're getting points and that's better than nothing...but if deboer doesnt shape up and the defense keeps having breakdowns it could be a long year...we'll be better at home and it's a long year!! i still prefer schneider over brodeur in net.
**Wow. I don't know how to feel about this because the Devils haven't been able to finish the job on too many occasions now this season but at the same time most of my friends are Devils fans and I'm getting the last laugh.
**Someone gets the last laugh at the end of the season. If you're laughing at another team now, it's probably way too premature. Let's chat at the end of the season and see who gets to have the last laugh.
**Let's not forget that game belonged to the Kings, Quick and Doughty were playing terrible, and as a result to that 3rd period fluke of a goal, you were just barely able to hold on
**santorelli literally worked his but t off down from someone w/o an nhl team, to the fourth line then to the first line playing with the sedins most of the game. what a guy
**Deboer is absolutely pathetic with his defensive decisions. Sorry Salvador even if he's a captain and Volchenkov both need to go, their just too old and slow for this NHL. Both get pinned down deep and never hold the blue line. Salvador just backs up and Volchenkov can't keep a puck in nor do they have any recovery speed. Sitting Larsson who is a legit puck moving defenseman even though he makes some mistakes for these guys is a joke. Gelinas and Merrill have a future in this league and got buried in Albany. I'd rather have them playing. Plus I don't see why Deboer has never given Larsson a chance on the PP he was drafted because he was so skilled offensively yet we handcuff him. We need to go younger now because we actually do have forwards who can score despite the two most overrated guys Zajac and Henrique.
**Larsson has been playing on the Powerplay...he hasn't secured any points yet, PP or otherwise. That might be why maybe Deboer took him off last night? That's the kind of coach Deboer is - if things don't look like they're working, he'll shuffle the deck. I'm sure it won't be long before he does another shuffle and Larsson's back in on the PP. They're expecting a big season from Larsson this year.
**Totally agree. Salvador is awful, Volchenkov regardless of his shot blocking IMO is in terrible position far too many times. Larsson should be getting all the ice time because if he doesn't pan out the torches will be lit. That was regarded as the steal of the draft back in the day, hopefully somebody can finally clue in.
RSS Feed
Twitter
Posted in
0 comments:
Post a Comment