Saturday, October 26, 2013

Sharks edge Red Wings in shootout

**Watched this game and I was very dissappointed to see how many empty seats there were...I would jump at the opportunity to see a game this good, not even being affiliated as a fan of either of these teams...smh

**I was watching highlights from around the league and thought the exact same thing when I came to this game... Are ticket prices high? The Wings are a GOOD team, there should be no reason they aren't selling out every night.

**They are selling out every night. Corporate seats mixed in with few bathrooms leads to seats looking empty.

**I believe that companies buy the tickets and don't put anybody in them. If you look at statistics the Wings attendance is one of the highest in the league.

**No... they are season ticket holders so they get first option and hold them so they can treat their rich friends to tickets in return for favors up or as bonuses. They are given to a lot of people that don't care about hockey or are too busy and don't bother reselling them.

**This is the kind of hockey that everyone loves seeing, two great goalies keeping each team on their toes throughout the whole game.

**I can't wait to see your comments when Detroit lights up your team. Of course you will be just filled with excuses I'm sure.

**Without losing in OT or the Shootout, no one can match the 35 games of the Flyers because they used ties in that season (so it didn't count as a loss). Sharks already 'lost' in the shootout, so they're chasing a longest point streak that the Chicago BH got last season.

**Well, technically, there was a point distributed for teams that tied, so I think the Flyers still have the record for both longest undefeated and longest point streak. Right?

**Yeah dont make sense, if hawks got longest point streak then how do you win 35 games and not own the longest point streak as well? Chicago's record is to start a season. Chicago started the season by going a record 24 consecutive games without losing in regulation, which shattered the previous mark of 16 by the 2006-07 Anaheim Ducks

**When arguing that you don't need scoring to watch a fantastically entertaining hockey game, this is one of the games you'll show in your evidence. The puck possession for both these teams was phenominal. I would love to see these two teams in the stanley cup

**The NHL wanted more scoring....one of the reason or maybe the only reason they made the goalies' pads smaller. What if it's made the goalies even more flexible....and it results in even fewer goals !!! What then !!! I don't know the stats for this season because there have been some high scoring games but seriously what if that did happen. If I'm not mistaken last season's stat at 5.2 or 5.3 goals / game was the lowest average ever ( at least in modern day or something like that....stats guys can help me out ).

**Totally agree !!! There's been several this year already ( eg. Hawks - Blues, etc. ). I say it should be something like 10min. of 5 on 5, 5min. of 4 on 4 & possibly 5 min. of 3 on 3 or some version of this. Statistics show that a good percentage of games end in the first 10 min. of OT. There would be games that would go the full 20 min. of OT...then have the shootout.

**It will wear teams out before the playoffs. You cannot expect teams to play 10 minutes of OT in the regular season. Sometimes they have 5 games in 8 days, or 4 in 6 with lots of travel. Be realistic.



0 comments:

Post a Comment