**Bears are watching Nail Yakapov, I thought they only watch Bryzgalov maybe they are watching Datsyuk too that would be more worth it for the bears
**It's 2-2 but now Pittsburgh has the weather gauge again. It's going to be difficult for the Oilers now, I can't imagine Pittsburgh is going to let themselves be abused for 2 periods in a row.
**These refs are total BS. I have a feeling this game is going to be decided by a few sh--ty calls, which is disappointing, because the flow in this game is great.
**Terrible calls... the Malkin trip is just a joke. Gordon just happened to be the guy who fell. If Malkin tripped over Gordon's leg, Gordon would probably be the one in the box. These are exactly the kind of calls that the NHL needs to fix. Doesn't matter too much early on, but if such a call decides a meaningful game, well, that wouldn't be very fair. Having said that I am happy we're on a 5v3 and I pray we score within the 1st 18 seconds of the 2nd period. At this point I'd much rather a cheap victory than a fair defeat.
**The Oilers are missing two things: 1) Goal-tending 2) A system The first is simply a personnel issue, we just dont have a good enough tender. We are defo scoring enough points that if we had an actual goalie we would be a force. The second issue is systemic and thus much deeper. All coaches/teams play systems. Torts place full team defense (ie blocking shots), Lamerello used to play the trap and the dump, etc. Clearly Eakins has a system in mind, one that worked well in the AHL with a bunch of grinders. But the Oilers seemingly have not or can not adjust to his system. I am not sure if Eakins system just doesn't work in the N, or if the team hasn't bought in, but clearly the Oilers are team without a system. Yakupov is of course the thesis of this, as he has openly criticized Eakins mentality and has subsequently been punished (sat) for doing so. In the end, I dont know if giving up on Krueger so quick was that smart of an idea. 8 wins to finish last year proves the Oil had bought in and that Krueger's system was working. Of course it takes time to adjust to new systems, but this is getting ridiculous. If you look at Colorado, who have a new coach and a new system, clearly Roy brought in a system that the team has bought into and is working. ...somewhere Ralph Krueger is laughing.
**A team that has trouble keeping the puck out of the net meets one of the most potent offenses in the league. Not exactly what the doctor would order, I'd say.
**Exactly what the doctor would order, I'd say. The last thing the Oilers need is a break right now. The must find a way to play against strong teams, and they will get better. Just consider, for a moment, what a win against a team like Pittsburgh would mean for this Oiler club.
**oh and please dont come with "they need time to adjust" - this team is adjusting since years... dont get me wrong I like the Oilers, but all I see is a waste of talent due bad management and coaching... and its painfull to have a year where Toronto, Colorado, Montreal can finally compete with the teams like Chicago, Detroit, Boston, etc... and the Oilers are once again one of the worst teams in the league..
**No question, when I hear he was moving on I knew our D was going to be in some trouble. Glad he's back. One of the key reasons we won in 09'. I'll never forget when he stopped the puck from crossing the line.So clutch.
**80 % of the Pens games so far against tired teams who have just played the night before. This is the only reason Crosby sits among the scoring leaders because their are no other super star studded teams with lopsided schedules. The NHL wants their poster child to do well. Obvioudsly. It is what it is.
**If that Oilers team was tired I'd hate to see them on a few nights rest. They were flying bro. Plus how many cups have we won since 09'? None, so if we are indeed loved by the league so much (as some people say) then I wouldn't want to see how they treat teams they don't like.
**it's true... if you look at the players who were drafted in the last 4 years, they are playing on teams along side veterans... they weren't expected to carry the team... I really think that Oilers have messed up by throwing their young kids together without proper veteran leadership under all that pressure in Edmonton... many careers have been ruined because of taking that kind of pressure before they are able to carry it...
**when fans aren't used to seeing their team win, they get drunk on a little bit of success... it's like a 16-year-old having his first beer... we have to be patient with Leaf fans because they are completely drunk right now... but they will sober up...
**Hey Oilers fans, how serious do you guys think the Yakupov trade rumors are? Paul Holmgren values players that "don't like to skate hard". You could get a ton of draft picks for him since Paul Holmgren has nothing else worth offering.
**Pittsburgh PK remains perfect on the season huh? I guess the writer could've meant at home. I don't know what's worse the lack of proof reading or fact checking. I would love to write articles for sports and yet here we are w/these writers who don't take the time to write an accurate article. Don't be like your counterparts at NFL guys. Aka worst writers in the world. As for the game solid game guys on both sides. EDM can fly and probably one of few teams that can outskate Pitt. Great game though up and down the ice. And good to have you back Scuds. Great player in the making w/Maata. As for the 1st line 9 goals in 6 games. Amazing. Go Pens!
**Gotta say... I've bagged on Crosby for most of his career, but as he's matured into his mid-20's and grown out of his "Sid the Kid" moniker, my respect has grown for him. While I don't think he's a great all around player, he is truly a phenomenal offensively gifted player. If he stays healthy all season, this will be a career year for him.
**It's 2-2 but now Pittsburgh has the weather gauge again. It's going to be difficult for the Oilers now, I can't imagine Pittsburgh is going to let themselves be abused for 2 periods in a row.
**These refs are total BS. I have a feeling this game is going to be decided by a few sh--ty calls, which is disappointing, because the flow in this game is great.
**Terrible calls... the Malkin trip is just a joke. Gordon just happened to be the guy who fell. If Malkin tripped over Gordon's leg, Gordon would probably be the one in the box. These are exactly the kind of calls that the NHL needs to fix. Doesn't matter too much early on, but if such a call decides a meaningful game, well, that wouldn't be very fair. Having said that I am happy we're on a 5v3 and I pray we score within the 1st 18 seconds of the 2nd period. At this point I'd much rather a cheap victory than a fair defeat.
**The Oilers are missing two things: 1) Goal-tending 2) A system The first is simply a personnel issue, we just dont have a good enough tender. We are defo scoring enough points that if we had an actual goalie we would be a force. The second issue is systemic and thus much deeper. All coaches/teams play systems. Torts place full team defense (ie blocking shots), Lamerello used to play the trap and the dump, etc. Clearly Eakins has a system in mind, one that worked well in the AHL with a bunch of grinders. But the Oilers seemingly have not or can not adjust to his system. I am not sure if Eakins system just doesn't work in the N, or if the team hasn't bought in, but clearly the Oilers are team without a system. Yakupov is of course the thesis of this, as he has openly criticized Eakins mentality and has subsequently been punished (sat) for doing so. In the end, I dont know if giving up on Krueger so quick was that smart of an idea. 8 wins to finish last year proves the Oil had bought in and that Krueger's system was working. Of course it takes time to adjust to new systems, but this is getting ridiculous. If you look at Colorado, who have a new coach and a new system, clearly Roy brought in a system that the team has bought into and is working. ...somewhere Ralph Krueger is laughing.
**A team that has trouble keeping the puck out of the net meets one of the most potent offenses in the league. Not exactly what the doctor would order, I'd say.
**Exactly what the doctor would order, I'd say. The last thing the Oilers need is a break right now. The must find a way to play against strong teams, and they will get better. Just consider, for a moment, what a win against a team like Pittsburgh would mean for this Oiler club.
**oh and please dont come with "they need time to adjust" - this team is adjusting since years... dont get me wrong I like the Oilers, but all I see is a waste of talent due bad management and coaching... and its painfull to have a year where Toronto, Colorado, Montreal can finally compete with the teams like Chicago, Detroit, Boston, etc... and the Oilers are once again one of the worst teams in the league..
**No question, when I hear he was moving on I knew our D was going to be in some trouble. Glad he's back. One of the key reasons we won in 09'. I'll never forget when he stopped the puck from crossing the line.So clutch.
**80 % of the Pens games so far against tired teams who have just played the night before. This is the only reason Crosby sits among the scoring leaders because their are no other super star studded teams with lopsided schedules. The NHL wants their poster child to do well. Obvioudsly. It is what it is.
**If that Oilers team was tired I'd hate to see them on a few nights rest. They were flying bro. Plus how many cups have we won since 09'? None, so if we are indeed loved by the league so much (as some people say) then I wouldn't want to see how they treat teams they don't like.
**it's true... if you look at the players who were drafted in the last 4 years, they are playing on teams along side veterans... they weren't expected to carry the team... I really think that Oilers have messed up by throwing their young kids together without proper veteran leadership under all that pressure in Edmonton... many careers have been ruined because of taking that kind of pressure before they are able to carry it...
**when fans aren't used to seeing their team win, they get drunk on a little bit of success... it's like a 16-year-old having his first beer... we have to be patient with Leaf fans because they are completely drunk right now... but they will sober up...
**Hey Oilers fans, how serious do you guys think the Yakupov trade rumors are? Paul Holmgren values players that "don't like to skate hard". You could get a ton of draft picks for him since Paul Holmgren has nothing else worth offering.
**Pittsburgh PK remains perfect on the season huh? I guess the writer could've meant at home. I don't know what's worse the lack of proof reading or fact checking. I would love to write articles for sports and yet here we are w/these writers who don't take the time to write an accurate article. Don't be like your counterparts at NFL guys. Aka worst writers in the world. As for the game solid game guys on both sides. EDM can fly and probably one of few teams that can outskate Pitt. Great game though up and down the ice. And good to have you back Scuds. Great player in the making w/Maata. As for the 1st line 9 goals in 6 games. Amazing. Go Pens!
**Gotta say... I've bagged on Crosby for most of his career, but as he's matured into his mid-20's and grown out of his "Sid the Kid" moniker, my respect has grown for him. While I don't think he's a great all around player, he is truly a phenomenal offensively gifted player. If he stays healthy all season, this will be a career year for him.
RSS Feed
Twitter
Posted in
0 comments:
Post a Comment