Saturday, October 26, 2013

**Why does nobody mention, capuano giving the team the day off the Friday before this game?! I thought it was an awful decision!! And practice is the time to try different line combinations and build chemistry!

**Two-Goal Lusty Returns! Great to see it. Also, glad Nabby was okay after that collision. That was a scary moment with him laying there not moving at all. Second game in a row the Canes opponent's goalie was taken out by his own guy. Hope Visnovsky's okay, I missed most of the first period, so I didn't see the play, but hopefully he's back soon.

**That was a great game to watch. Two fast teams. Though, I can do without the last 6 minutes or so. I hate pacing in my living room.Good to see the top line wake up. Skinner's goal and Murphy's pass were sick ! Go Canes !Isles fans, relax on your coach. He's turned your whole program around. Excellent team you have.

**I don't know. Defensive lapses all over the place. Average goaltending. Defense can't clear pucks. For me, too much line juggling on the offense. I didn't watch the whole game, but was grabner on the first line again? If not, then who was?

**I agree about the line juggling. But the bigger problem, as you also mentioned, is the defense. I think the coach needs to tighten things up defensively, and get back to basics. With the offensive power this team has, the goals will come naturally. But it's hard in games like this when you gotta crawl out of a 3-0 hole. Maybe the forwards should work on their defensive game to help the D-men play more calmly, resulting in simpler plays clearing the zone. My two cents,HUGE Isles fan in Ottawa

**Was it just a lack of focus by the D yesterday? Because Capuano is always talking about "the way we have to play" and "getting our defence involved" as well as "playing smart defensively".

**Bridgeport learning how to lose.Where is Reinhart? Defense is the problem. Whats with Snow lately. Strait 3 year deal? Carkner? No Reinhart look at? If this is about the rebuild then wheres Poulin? 1 game so far. Was Donovan playing that bad? DeHaan looked awesome in the preseason. Wheres he? I hate to sound so negative but we made too much progress to hit the breaks now! Lets get the talented ones playing and lose the dead weight!

**they aren't playing because they haven't matured their game enough to be playing at the NHL level...wait until next year or so and you'll probably see a few of them on the ice

**he is down in Bridgeport playing along side DeHaan as the top d pair. These two are the first call ups depending on what type of d man we need to replace.I wasnt to impressed last year with except for his size of course.Havent seen him this season yet. As far as not matured dman - how mature does Strait look?

**If the Isles do not step it up their in for a long season. They have to make up for their lack of talent with hard work and effort. Management did nothing to improve this team in the off season. They lost some quality players and added nothing of value.

**Great game by the Canes! When Gerbe and Dvorak stops scoring, 1st line wakes up! That's depth. How about Murphy?!?!?! So skilled. I'm glad we developed him properly, unlike so many other 1st Rd draft pick busts. Hainsey is a beast! So smart and reliable. And Komaserak was doing what he's paid to do, add grit. I love Skinner and his health is a huge sigh of relief for all Caniacs. But let me make this clear: He still has a lot of growing up to do. He needs to grow a thicker skin. Chirps and retaliates too much, and gets distracted. Kinda like Crosby when he first broke into the league.....whined a lot. Mental toughness will elevate him to the next level.

**So glad that Tlusty is firing again, and in addition, firing as part of the Semin-Staal-Tlusty line. I hated the late penalties called, and found them kind of weak, but I can't say one way or another, as we all know we see our teams penalties in a different light. The Islanders were amazing that last period, clogging the center and punching the puck home, but the Canes hung in there, and finally got more than 3 goals!!!! SICK backhand goal by Skinner. Jordan Staal's smile after scoring was a beaut!

**Isles need NHL caliber defense men and a franchise goalie. Until then they will always be a mediocre team, plain and simple. On another note, at least they had a good comeback and Moulson had a good game.

**Come on; Nabby carried them last year and what was he able to do? Playoffs! They are (and have been) just getting sloppy which can happen to anyone! They have good young talent that isn't ready yet in Bridgeport. Cut them some slack and stand by them no matter what!

**I'm not saying Nabby hasn't done anything great for this team but he's overworked and it is getting to the point where he's not making the saves when he is needed to. I know it is early in the season but he doesn't have that many years left in him in this league and until the isles either get another goalie or play poulin more, it's going to be rough for him. I think Nabby's a good goalie but just not a franchise one. Now the defense is the real problem where Strait and Carkner and a few others cause so many goals against and problems.

**And maybe "mediocre" is a bit harsh but there are problems that are holding this team back from great potential. I was also a little frustrated as I typed my first comment, but an Isles fan for life I will be!

**I don't think Nabokov was ever even intended to be the franchise superstar goalie. He has an impressive resume and what the Isles wanted was stability in net... they got it. At the time they got him it's not like they were aiming for the cup.

**He had one magical year out of ... what, four? And the rest of the time he was behind the bench, the team was circling the drain. No excuse for it with the talent he had to work with.



0 comments:

Post a Comment