Saturday, October 12, 2013

**I think that there is no difference in either goal as far as show boating. It takes skill to beat these goalies now a days, and how ever you beat them is how you choose. Although I think that either of them were showboating, there is a difference...Buffalo wasn't up 8-3 when he scored the goal.

**I'm shocked that anyone thinks Vanek's goal was even borderline "showboating", the thought didnt even enter my mind when he scored. The play he made was his best chance to score

**If you google the hit, it's on cbc I believe. It was a clean hit. He didn't jump, he kept the elbow low, and he got a good chunk of chest. If there was any shoulder to the head, it goes along with the "legal hits to the head" category that Shanny showed at the beginning of the season.

**Rolston was doing well until he hired Sacco as his assistant coach and then everything has gone down the toilet. Look at what Sacco as head coach had done for Colorado. I thought that move was going to bite him in the but. Chicago is going to have fun.

**"Kaleta was offered the opportunity for an in-person hearing as required by provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement for any suspension that can exceed five games" And what a phenominal opportunity this must be for Kaleta! I'm sure he accepted the offer with gratitude and pure joy.

**I am so sick and tired of Drew Stafford. Can we just designate him to the AHL? I know he has a 1-way deal so he would have to clear waivers. I'd send a memo to everyone and in big bold letters put GO AHEAD I DARE YOU, PICK UP THIS JOKE. You'd all be doing us a favor in our development. Why does he not sit? Why does he continue to get top 6 minutes? I'm done ranting now

**3 minutes into the first, he flies by Johnson and connects with an elbow to the head. Fight with Boll ensues after. Guaranteed suspension, based on his past history, I'd be shocked at anything less than 5 games

**I just saw it, looks to me he caught shoulder first then the elbow went up a bit. Doesn't look suspension worthy to me, but because of who he is, it may be. Just usually when Patrick Kaleta does something, it draws huge attention and up roar yet I never heard anything of it until this morning which seems a tad unusual. I would have expected trolls from other teams coming on here and calling for his head, so to me that tells me how minimal this "incident" really was.

**Yeah I think everyone kind of missed it last night, anything Kaleta does usually draws alot more attention I agree, but the fact that it's an in person hearing + Kaleta's suspension history and rep tells you all you need to know on how this one is going to go. I really think he'll get 6 games

**Hope Vanek is gone after this year. I have nothing against any team in the NHL, but Buffalo's management has been disturbingly unable to put together a solid team for years now, no concept, no playmaking center for Vanek, no solid defense. I don't think even Sabres fans would blame him and Miller if they left.

**Personally I think we jumped the gun on Hodgson with the 6 year deal. Guy doesn't even have 90 points in the league yet. I think he will have no problem being a #2 center, but I dont want him to be my top guy the next 6 years unless he strongly improves some facets of his game

**It's getting to the point Buffalo fans should follow Columbus' lead and protest the front office. Some of the prospects look good, but some of the veteran dead weight - lose it. Maybe we'll see Zadorov instead of Weber on Saturday, from the frying pan right into the fire- can't get any worse.

**I think the Buffalo Sabres are Darcy Regier's version of George Costanza working on the Penske file. And if there are any Seinfeld fans out there, you know what I mean. It was an episode where George gets a new job, he gets the Penske file, and just sits in his office for 8 hours and does nothing with it. Kind of remind us Sabre fans of somebody?

**If I recall, the Penskie file turned out to be perfectly executed in the end with all his co-workers cheering for him. George had no idea what happened, but it worked itself out.

**No, His boss came back and seen all he did was put the file in an accordion folder, in a weeks worth of work. George quit because he told his boss that he was Penske material, because Mr. Penske told him he was. And when he went to Penske, he couldn't hire him because his entire board team had been indicted, and they couldn't hire anymore. George ended up jobless, with a parking ticket, and with any luck Darcy will too...Maybe he will get that parking ticket too.

**Sorry, Buffalo but you're right where I expected you to be. How unsurprising that Vanek scored the lone goal for the Sabres. I don't know what they'd do w/o Vanek and Miller, and as this looks like a "rebuilding" year for Buffalo, I'd be surprised if both were around at year's end

**Flyers fan your team is personally not doing good anyway so I wouldn't be talking. But I agree with you there. Oilers just tank at the bottom of each year for #1 overall prospects. Hall, Nugent-Hopkins, Yakupov. Eberle was a steal at 22nd overall. But for sure they were tanking for the #1 overall for 3 years



0 comments:

Post a Comment