Friday, October 4, 2013

*That one goal, and all of you will know which one without me having to say which one...WOW. I literally came off my seat shouting the ooo's and the ahhh's. That, was super impressive.

**This will be an interesting season for Canuck fans. If they think they had drama the last two years, didn't Gillis bother to read Toretellas resume?

**Absolutely loved our PK last night. Not just the 5 on 3 but that first 5 on 4 when TSN had the behind the net view, we weren't just in a straight up box, we actually had some mobility as a reaction to what the Sharks were doing. Loved the Sedins on the PK and I Loved the fact that Kesler wasn't killing penalties. He is far too valuable to this team and has to stay healthy.

**Find another guy who will go 15 games without scoring a goal yet still finishing the season with 35 goals. He showed he wants to be in Toronto and win with that team, PLUS he's 26 years old... His contract ending when he's 34 years old, just finishing the prime of his career. I say great signing.

**Really? Holy Lord, what is Thorthon, Marleau and the SEDINS going to comand if a PPG is the rule or all you need is 30+ goals! Yikes!
The Sedins have every right to demand not only a 5 year deal but for at the very least, $6 million because they sure took a HUGE discount last time around and have been in the top 15 for points the last 4-5 years.

**I may be a big Chicago Blackhawks fan, but San Jose is a definite 2nd. They have such good teamwork and score at some of the best moments. If Blackhawks don't make it to the Stanley Cup Final, then I'm rooting for the Sharks to win it for me. GO SHARKS!

**Sharks have done well in the regular season for quite some time now. They always struggle in the playoffs for some reason. Would be nice to see them make it to the final, but I don't think LA, St. Louis, or Chicago are going to let that happen this year.

**Great game for both teams until the 55th minute when VAN become sloppy and their turnovers costed them the game.

Sharks were solid 5-on-5, had more shots and their game was much more smoother and consistent than the Canucks.

Canucks were dominate on special teams (1 PP and perfect on the PK); more blocked shots, face-off wins (FINALLY) and hits. Decent performance for game 1. Luongo was sharp and dialed-in.

Based on the past, San Jose will have great success for the first 10 games and Vancouver will struggle in the first 10 games.

**After Marleau's goal at 3.27 my eyes melted when I saw the hooters behind Sharks bench, nice momma! They were there for one second and I noticed it!!! What's wrong with me? I need to get layed... It's friday, for god's sake!

**this is the first year the sharks have really caught my attention (dont watch the west too much) but they have and i see big things for them.

**I'm very interested to see what kind of numbers Burns puts up in his first full season as a forward.

**The Canucks this season are looking a lot like us 4-5 years ago. Torts? Eerily similar to the Keenan move. Attempt to put some life back into the team, but these kind of coaches have a short shelf life.  Meanwhile that window is just shrinking away... *

**Luo played great tonight, the turnovers killed us tonight along with other things... but hey the Sharks got a great team. I really like how the Sharks keep implementing youth into their lineup, like Hertl, all the time. Wish our team could do that more consistently.

**Sharks are gonna be crazy good when Havlat,Torres,Burish, and Stuart return to the lineup. I know people say this a lot, but watch out for them this year, especially if they can stay healthy.


0 comments:

Post a Comment