Sunday, October 6, 2013

**Eakins is an i d i o t. In the Oilers/Stars "showcase" preseason game in OKC, down by three goals, with 7 1/2 minutes left in the game, he pulled the goalie...and they quickly ended up down by a 4th goal. You read that right... 7 1/2 minute left in the game, he pulled his goalie.Until Edmonton finds a real coach that doesn't make s t u p i d decisions, they'll continue to live in the basement.

**So Vancouver beats Edmonton, the haters are quick to say "So what! Big deal...etc" If Vancouver loses to Edmonton, then the haters mumble jargon like "No surprise. Vancouver needs to trade the Sedins, Canucks are heading for a rebuild, Torts is a terrible coach, etc". When will the Oiler fans stop being so arrogant and realize their team has potential but i just not there yet? 1) Acton looks promising 2) Still don't get why any team dresses fighters rather than guys can 1) score 2) play defense and 3) fight if necessary 3) EDM does not play team defense Final note - Trading Schneider to EDM was never going to happen because EDM wanted VAN's starting goalie for some picks and/or prospect(s)rather than actual starting players. The only way GIllis & Co would've considered the deal is if EDM had offered Eberle straight up! Why can't Oiler fans understand that. To think EDM actually had a chance of landing Schneider is/was wishful thinking. That being said, EDM could've had Luongo for a 2nd round pick, but they didn't want to pay his salary which has now left them in a terrible situation. Will they go after Bryzgalov?

**Right on, and really, why would we trade one of our better goalies to Edmonton, our division rival? I think Edmonton has something negative going on, with this many highly touted #1 picks in their lineup, Hall, Yakupov, they've yet to see flashes of a Malkin or Patrick Kane sort of player from any of their draft picks, only injuries. Which leads me to think something is seriously wrong with their training staff and injury staff. Only Eberle has panned out so far..

**Everybody was talking about how unproductive the sharks power play was. But nobody mentioned how perfect Luongo was in killing the 5 on 3 and all the other 6 penalties.I was pleasantly surprised when we started scoring on him outside of the power plays.

**I'm in the camp that thinks last night's victory, as good and entertaining as it was, isn't enough for me to get all jacked up about the Canucks...doesn't make me a hater. Conversely, I didn't get all down on the Canucks when they didn't fare all that well vs. the Sharks, though I think Torterella and the rest of the team talking about "we did a some things right...we just have to do it more consistently" after the Sharks loss sounded a lot like the same old Canucks trying to put lipstick on a pig. I'll be convinced the Canucks are contenders when I see the kind of hockey we saw from them last night on a day-to-day basis and against the top third of the league. Til then, I'll continue to cheer for my Canucks, but will watch with an objective and critical eye, which somehow gets interpreted as being a hater by some of my fellow Canuck fans here in Canuck land. I don't think there's any 1/2 intelligent Oilers fans who think the team is more than just potential... So far all we've got is sporadic offense and consistently poor defense. I don't see how you can make a case for a good team out of that. The fact that we even beat all those teams in the preseason is astonishing and more a sign of them playing badly than our guys playing well.

**I don't think there's any 1/2 intelligent Oilers fans who think the team is more than just potential... So far all we've got is sporadic offense and consistently poor defense. I don't see how you can make a case for a good team out of that. The fact that we even beat all those teams in the preseason is astonishing and more a sign of them playing badly than our guys playing well.

**Great game! Fun to watch. Lou had a good night too. I watched both edmonton games so far and they start strong as a team, even though briefly, then seem to self-implode. They should drop the "we are not gonna get beat up at other rinks" fore-front mentality. It is not helping their game. If this is truly the coaching they are getting, their coach is focusing on the wrong item. Just a leather sofa opinion I know. Cheers!



0 comments:

Post a Comment