**The Sens are always a consistent team but I don't think they will find a player to fill Alfie's shoes or skills..however their goal tending has become more effective..I never liked Anderson and find him to be inconsistent, but he pulls it off and wins the big games..tonight is going to be a test...they will face a team they wish they never met before..the Leafs are going into this season with one thing in mind, and one thing alone, MAKE THE PLAYOFFS!!!
**What a goaltender battle! And Andy with a shutout to start the season. Here's hoping this is an omen! Although tonight is the Leafs which always give Ottawa a hard time, plus this year they look even better than before. Go Sens Go! **Pretty wild game but these last 2 losses are difficult to take. Hopefully it doesn't lead to a melt down tonight against Pittsburgh. I see Sulzer is being called up to replace an injured Tallinder tonight. I didn't notice when the injury occurred but Im wondering what's the deal with McBain. He's been a healthy scratch the last 2 games and I thought they were high on this guys game. Shouldn't he be the one to replace Tallinder or is he suffering some sort of lingering injury too? **I think Miller and Anderson had an early competition for US Olympic starting postition ! Both were very impressive, Miller seems to be on Vezina shape again, judging by the 2 games he has played. I didn't know you can have such an entertaining highlight clip from a 1-0 game ! **I guess I'm a bit biased because I play as a goalie, but 1-0 games with stellar goaltending are always more exciting for me than 6-5 games with stellar offense. You should go back and try to find the highlights from Ottawa-Pittsburgh game 3. Vokoun and Anderson were OUTSTANDING in that game, was one of the best games of the year for me. **The good news: the Sabres have allowed three goals in two games, against very good teams. The bad news: the Sabres have scored one goal in two games.Is the problem effort (or lack thereof, as RR seems to suggest) or talent (or lack thereof)? If the problem is effort, there are personnel moves which the coach can make. If the problem is the latter, DR must take the blame, and do something about it. Of course, fans of the Sabres have seen little indication that he can do the job necessary. **I think for these kids to gain some quick experience, losing close games to elite teams is perfect. Two games lost means nothing. Knowing how good you need to be to beat the best, priceless. I don't know who really expected much better than what they have given. **For the youngest team in the league, missing two of their top 6 forwards, not a bad start. This will be a second half team. Once these kids create some chemistry watch out!!! Miller looks great, Vanek is on the edge of being back to full form, and Tallinder might be what the D has needed the past couple of years. **Great goal tending from Anderson and Miller and a fast game of hockey. I suspect tonight against Toronto it will be more of a gong show given the way the Laffs play. Karlson looked good and Anderson seems to be in the same zone he was in last year. Miller was awesome and that toe save on DeCosta, world class. ***Really, the team cannot even score one goal? I thought Rolston was going to make this team better. However, the power play is again the worst in the league and the play is still sloppy. Yeah, they had a lot of shots, however, more screening and a coordinated attack is desperately needed. I used to look forward to hockey season. At this rate, at least the team will get the number 1 draft pick. Should of hired Patrick Roy as head coach.
**What a goaltender battle! And Andy with a shutout to start the season. Here's hoping this is an omen! Although tonight is the Leafs which always give Ottawa a hard time, plus this year they look even better than before. Go Sens Go! **Pretty wild game but these last 2 losses are difficult to take. Hopefully it doesn't lead to a melt down tonight against Pittsburgh. I see Sulzer is being called up to replace an injured Tallinder tonight. I didn't notice when the injury occurred but Im wondering what's the deal with McBain. He's been a healthy scratch the last 2 games and I thought they were high on this guys game. Shouldn't he be the one to replace Tallinder or is he suffering some sort of lingering injury too? **I think Miller and Anderson had an early competition for US Olympic starting postition ! Both were very impressive, Miller seems to be on Vezina shape again, judging by the 2 games he has played. I didn't know you can have such an entertaining highlight clip from a 1-0 game ! **I guess I'm a bit biased because I play as a goalie, but 1-0 games with stellar goaltending are always more exciting for me than 6-5 games with stellar offense. You should go back and try to find the highlights from Ottawa-Pittsburgh game 3. Vokoun and Anderson were OUTSTANDING in that game, was one of the best games of the year for me. **The good news: the Sabres have allowed three goals in two games, against very good teams. The bad news: the Sabres have scored one goal in two games.Is the problem effort (or lack thereof, as RR seems to suggest) or talent (or lack thereof)? If the problem is effort, there are personnel moves which the coach can make. If the problem is the latter, DR must take the blame, and do something about it. Of course, fans of the Sabres have seen little indication that he can do the job necessary. **I think for these kids to gain some quick experience, losing close games to elite teams is perfect. Two games lost means nothing. Knowing how good you need to be to beat the best, priceless. I don't know who really expected much better than what they have given. **For the youngest team in the league, missing two of their top 6 forwards, not a bad start. This will be a second half team. Once these kids create some chemistry watch out!!! Miller looks great, Vanek is on the edge of being back to full form, and Tallinder might be what the D has needed the past couple of years. **Great goal tending from Anderson and Miller and a fast game of hockey. I suspect tonight against Toronto it will be more of a gong show given the way the Laffs play. Karlson looked good and Anderson seems to be in the same zone he was in last year. Miller was awesome and that toe save on DeCosta, world class. ***Really, the team cannot even score one goal? I thought Rolston was going to make this team better. However, the power play is again the worst in the league and the play is still sloppy. Yeah, they had a lot of shots, however, more screening and a coordinated attack is desperately needed. I used to look forward to hockey season. At this rate, at least the team will get the number 1 draft pick. Should of hired Patrick Roy as head coach.
RSS Feed
Twitter
Posted in
0 comments:
Post a Comment