**Need goaltending and defensive help FAST or this will quickly become another ugly season of disappointments for us long suffering Oiler's fans.
**Probably because it was the tongue and not the outside of the face. I thought it was odd as well but I guess they figure people can just bite down on their tongue to get the PP. It sounds dumb but it is the NHL.
**The Oilers should be proud of the way they play--- they can beat anyone in the league!!! Put in a good goalie and a mean defenceman and they will be on the other end of all these losses!! Against the Leafs they had the game in the bag but couldn't close it out??? Oiler fans shouldn't panick--- there are a lot of positives this team has!! The Pens didn't dominate the Oil machine!!
**I thought the oilers played well, their team speed is second to none. They remind me of a young Detroit team. That second period they owned the puck. They need better goalie play and probably need at top defenseman or J. Schutz to step up into that position (although he's young and may). I think the Oilers have a good future, if Hall or Hopkins steps up as the superstar they could be watch out.
**Both Bennett and Kobasew will be going to the 3rd line when Neal returns. I am interested to see what happens when Matt joins the line up because I am honestly liking how the 4th line has been playing so far.
**Yakupov is not ready for the nhl yet, skill wise yes maturity no. He coasts around without the puck and then over handles the puck straight into trouble. It ain't junior kid smarten up and then you will be a super star can't do it all yourself.
**Crosby embellished hardcore and got a high stick penalty, the way his head snapped back in dramatic form was so typical. That pp won them the game.... yeah go on, hate me, I don't care, but I watched it and it's true. Oh yeah and sure tell me now I am jealous.... ha ha try again, sweep sweep With his talent he should get more respect from fans all over the league, but there are only a handful that do... he only has himself to blame.
**I Agree, pathetic is the word. Crosby haters only make him better and don't make comments you can't back up. Ketchup, can't believe a wise person wrote that. Go Pens Go
**Unless you yourself have taken a stick to the face and know exactly how it feels and what your reaction would be you are in no position to judge. And I believe there are more than a "handful" of fans all over the league that respect his talent. And they are not all Pen's fans.
**Crosby is a very good player........... but he got manhandled by Boston & by Philly the year before in the playoffs!! I was rooting for him both years to win but he didn't rise to the occasion!! Just have to call it the way it is!!! Hockey fans have to be honest--- the best always rise to the occasion & GET HER DONE!!!
**The Oilers should be proud of the way they play--- they can beat anyone in the league!!! Put in a good goalie and a mean defenceman and they will be on the other end of all these losses!! Against the Leafs they had the game in the bag but couldn't close it out??? Oiler fans shouldn't panick--- there are a lot of positives this team has!! The Pens didn't dominate the Oil machine!!
**oh and please dont come with "they need time to adjust" - this team is adjusting since years... dont get me wrong I like the Oilers, but all I see is a waste of talent due bad management and coaching... and its painfull to have a year where Toronto, Colorado, Montreal can finally compete with the teams like Chicago, Detroit, Boston, etc... and the Oilers are once again one of the worst teams in the league...
**If that Oilers team was tired I'd hate to see them on a few nights rest. They were flying bro. Plus how many cups have we won since 09'? None, so if we are indeed loved by the league so much (as some people say) then I wouldn't want to see how they treat teams they don't like.
**So far, Crosby has the fourth highest career regular season points per game among players with at least 500 points in NHL history. Gretzky is first, Lemieux is second, Bossy is third, Crosby is fourth, Orr is fifth.
**Yep the only reason Crosby has points. Weak teams. You nailed it. Forget the fact that he has the highest PPG% of all players for the past few seasons. Ya lets just through facts out the window and sounds like a petulant little child.
**From what I've seen they just don't have the right mix of older vets to guide the younger guys along. And this is just me but making Ference the captain, not the best idea since he was -just- brought in. They have the talent, but they need some critical guidance.
**it's true... if you look at the players who were drafted in the last 4 years, they are playing on teams along side veterans... they weren't expected to carry the team... I really think that Oilers have messed up by throwing their young kids together without proper veteran leadership under all that pressure in Edmonton... many careers have been ruined because of taking that kind of pressure before they are able to carry it...
**when fans aren't used to seeing their team win, they get drunk on a little bit of success... it's like a 16-year-old having his first beer... we have to be patient with Leaf fans because they are completely drunk right now... but they will sober up...
**but do remember that only 3 seasons ago, Fleury started the season with a brutal month... he couldn't win a game and his save % was awful... and during the playoffs, they had to go with Vokoun... every goalie goes through slumps... even Fleury... Dubnyk is not a great goalie, but he is a good goalie... he will bounce back.
**Pittsburgh PK remains perfect on the season huh? I guess the writer could've meant at home. I don't know what's worse the lack of proof reading or fact checking. I would love to write articles for sports and yet here we are w/these writers who don't take the time to write an accurate article. Don't be like your counterparts at NFL guys. Aka worst writers in the world. As for the game solid game guys on both sides. EDM can fly and probably one of few teams that can outskate Pitt. Great game though up and down the ice. And good to have you back Scuds. Great player in the making w/Maata. As for the 1st line 9 goals in 6 games. Amazing. Go Pens!
**I guess so if we're counting knocking gloves away from players trying to pick them up off the ice, punching players in the junk while they are otherwise engaged with another player, jumping guys on the faceoff for no reason, diving, whining, and all of the other talents he has. I guess he a great all around player....sans actually playing defense. However... After just going back through the list of the dirty shít he's pulled through his career... I just realized that I still hate that guy. Thanks for the moment of clarity. And, in the meantime... Continue enjoying your early playoff exits.
**Probably because it was the tongue and not the outside of the face. I thought it was odd as well but I guess they figure people can just bite down on their tongue to get the PP. It sounds dumb but it is the NHL.
**The Oilers should be proud of the way they play--- they can beat anyone in the league!!! Put in a good goalie and a mean defenceman and they will be on the other end of all these losses!! Against the Leafs they had the game in the bag but couldn't close it out??? Oiler fans shouldn't panick--- there are a lot of positives this team has!! The Pens didn't dominate the Oil machine!!
**I thought the oilers played well, their team speed is second to none. They remind me of a young Detroit team. That second period they owned the puck. They need better goalie play and probably need at top defenseman or J. Schutz to step up into that position (although he's young and may). I think the Oilers have a good future, if Hall or Hopkins steps up as the superstar they could be watch out.
**Both Bennett and Kobasew will be going to the 3rd line when Neal returns. I am interested to see what happens when Matt joins the line up because I am honestly liking how the 4th line has been playing so far.
**Yakupov is not ready for the nhl yet, skill wise yes maturity no. He coasts around without the puck and then over handles the puck straight into trouble. It ain't junior kid smarten up and then you will be a super star can't do it all yourself.
**Crosby embellished hardcore and got a high stick penalty, the way his head snapped back in dramatic form was so typical. That pp won them the game.... yeah go on, hate me, I don't care, but I watched it and it's true. Oh yeah and sure tell me now I am jealous.... ha ha try again, sweep sweep With his talent he should get more respect from fans all over the league, but there are only a handful that do... he only has himself to blame.
**I Agree, pathetic is the word. Crosby haters only make him better and don't make comments you can't back up. Ketchup, can't believe a wise person wrote that. Go Pens Go
**Unless you yourself have taken a stick to the face and know exactly how it feels and what your reaction would be you are in no position to judge. And I believe there are more than a "handful" of fans all over the league that respect his talent. And they are not all Pen's fans.
**Crosby is a very good player........... but he got manhandled by Boston & by Philly the year before in the playoffs!! I was rooting for him both years to win but he didn't rise to the occasion!! Just have to call it the way it is!!! Hockey fans have to be honest--- the best always rise to the occasion & GET HER DONE!!!
**The Oilers should be proud of the way they play--- they can beat anyone in the league!!! Put in a good goalie and a mean defenceman and they will be on the other end of all these losses!! Against the Leafs they had the game in the bag but couldn't close it out??? Oiler fans shouldn't panick--- there are a lot of positives this team has!! The Pens didn't dominate the Oil machine!!
**oh and please dont come with "they need time to adjust" - this team is adjusting since years... dont get me wrong I like the Oilers, but all I see is a waste of talent due bad management and coaching... and its painfull to have a year where Toronto, Colorado, Montreal can finally compete with the teams like Chicago, Detroit, Boston, etc... and the Oilers are once again one of the worst teams in the league...
**If that Oilers team was tired I'd hate to see them on a few nights rest. They were flying bro. Plus how many cups have we won since 09'? None, so if we are indeed loved by the league so much (as some people say) then I wouldn't want to see how they treat teams they don't like.
**So far, Crosby has the fourth highest career regular season points per game among players with at least 500 points in NHL history. Gretzky is first, Lemieux is second, Bossy is third, Crosby is fourth, Orr is fifth.
**Yep the only reason Crosby has points. Weak teams. You nailed it. Forget the fact that he has the highest PPG% of all players for the past few seasons. Ya lets just through facts out the window and sounds like a petulant little child.
**From what I've seen they just don't have the right mix of older vets to guide the younger guys along. And this is just me but making Ference the captain, not the best idea since he was -just- brought in. They have the talent, but they need some critical guidance.
**it's true... if you look at the players who were drafted in the last 4 years, they are playing on teams along side veterans... they weren't expected to carry the team... I really think that Oilers have messed up by throwing their young kids together without proper veteran leadership under all that pressure in Edmonton... many careers have been ruined because of taking that kind of pressure before they are able to carry it...
**when fans aren't used to seeing their team win, they get drunk on a little bit of success... it's like a 16-year-old having his first beer... we have to be patient with Leaf fans because they are completely drunk right now... but they will sober up...
**but do remember that only 3 seasons ago, Fleury started the season with a brutal month... he couldn't win a game and his save % was awful... and during the playoffs, they had to go with Vokoun... every goalie goes through slumps... even Fleury... Dubnyk is not a great goalie, but he is a good goalie... he will bounce back.
**Pittsburgh PK remains perfect on the season huh? I guess the writer could've meant at home. I don't know what's worse the lack of proof reading or fact checking. I would love to write articles for sports and yet here we are w/these writers who don't take the time to write an accurate article. Don't be like your counterparts at NFL guys. Aka worst writers in the world. As for the game solid game guys on both sides. EDM can fly and probably one of few teams that can outskate Pitt. Great game though up and down the ice. And good to have you back Scuds. Great player in the making w/Maata. As for the 1st line 9 goals in 6 games. Amazing. Go Pens!
**I guess so if we're counting knocking gloves away from players trying to pick them up off the ice, punching players in the junk while they are otherwise engaged with another player, jumping guys on the faceoff for no reason, diving, whining, and all of the other talents he has. I guess he a great all around player....sans actually playing defense. However... After just going back through the list of the dirty shít he's pulled through his career... I just realized that I still hate that guy. Thanks for the moment of clarity. And, in the meantime... Continue enjoying your early playoff exits.
RSS Feed
Twitter
Posted in
0 comments:
Post a Comment