**They really have a nice thing going on. Teams to watch 2013-14 are Colorado, St Louis and Dallas. And of course
when NYR gets going!
**quote from a boston fan i was sitting next to at the game last night "are we really going to be shutout by giguere?" yes you were... there has been an amazing change of confidence and spirit on the avs but as a fan who was there they got lucky a lot of times there are still some gaping holes in the defense that jiggy had to bail us out of but the fact they banged with probably the biggest goons in hockey is deff a great sign for the avs
**It feels great to be winning right now. My only concern based on our play is the offense. Almost half of our 13 goals came from game one. That makes 7 goals in 3 games... which is still decent but given the offensive talent we have it could be a greater number. Hopefully this was a result of playing great defensive teams ( Leafs, Boston ).
**As a B's fan I thought we had a lot of immature fans turns out that the Ave's have us beat. Or is it just avestf1998 making your whole fan base look bhttp://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/recap?id=2013020048&navid=sb:recap#ad. Congratulations on a good W but don't act like you killed us, one good tip and excellent goaltending the game could have easily been the other way around.
**Excellent job by Colorado, Giggy was outstanding and I thought the Bruins would light him up, man was I mistaken. Grats to you Av's fans your team looks really good. I am not disappointed with the way the B's played, they pressed in the Av's end for the majority of play, I must say I am a little disappointed in Luc for pressing the issue with Gabe, he should know better. Gabe had no intention of chucking the mits with an enraged Lucic, there are not a whole lot of takers on that, let alone Gabe. That penalty hurt the team, I love The passion Luc shows, but he should really think about things like that. It may have only cost him 2 mins if he stepped back and thought about it. But Gabe shouldn't be pushing his mitts in people's faces and not expecting an outcome. Oh we'll.. Learning experience for both I guess. Anyways, it was a really entertaining game to watch and again WTG Av's
**I would say for the most part the Bruins were pushing the play throughout the 2nd and 3rd. Avs still had their chances, but you could feel that the pressure was on. Avs started the game well and played a good 1st period, but the Bruins came out hungry after that. Jiggy was solid!
**I don't think you can overstate the impact bringing back Sir Patrick back to coach the Avs has had. A Colorado icon who has won 4 Stanley Cups and coaches his team like he played. But it's not even that simple. If you have read some of the local Denver press you would have known that Roy gets to the rink by 7:00am and doesn't leave unti 7:00 or 8:00pm. When asked about it, he said "this has always been easy for me. So it's no accident, he and his team are always prepared. And smart? If any of you think that trying to press Bruce under a pane of glass in game one was not a thought out reaction taking advantage of a situation, I have a bridge you can buy. That single moment is the biggest reason the Avs are 4 and 0. That 5 minutes set the tone for the rest of the season.
**I know it is early in an 82 game season but I think they will make the playoffs if they stay healthy and continue to play how they have been. Roy has really turned this team around and look at the teams they have beaten? Ducks, Leafs, and the Bruins (beat the predators too). Anyone that underestimates this team deserves to lose.
**Agreed. All three were strong contenders last season and still have their core. I'm certain having (arguably) one of the best NHL goalies in recent history as the coach doesn't hurt the performance of Giguere and Varlamov either.
**Wow, the Avs were tested and they prevailed. I'm glad they're not in our division, or in the East for that matter! I'm glad they're back on track. Became a fan of them that cup year. What a team. Here's hoping they find their way back to the Stanley Cup Finals in a few years!
**Still, the one disappointment that I had from the game last night was someone on the Avs not sticking up for Landeskog, the kid was out most of last season with a concussion so I don't blame him. Lucic surely would have tagged him in the head. And Landy was out there with Tanguay and Stastny so no help there. But Sarich was right there and although he was being held up by Chara, he didn't seem to be trying that hard to get away and help Gabe. Worked out in the end though. Overall the Avs matched the Bruins hit for hit and Rasak said the Avs wingers looked like they were moving at "100 miles per hour" in the first period. Also, haven't seen anything yet, MacKinnon is actually faster than Duchene end to end. Wait until this kid gets going!
**I think no one from the avalanche came to help Landeskog because he told them not to (at one point I think Sarich was coming to help but landeskog waved him to go away). He kept his cool as the captain as there was no point for him fighting Lucic. Not many players would go against lucic because he is huge. Instaed, the avs were leading 1-0 and Boston lost Lucic for 10 minutes.
**I'm a DEVILS' fan...... If Colorado continues like this theyre going to be scary!!!!!.......I would say theyre the dark horse of the west!!!!!..... Patrick Roy sis doing a sensational job good move joe sakic...... Team. Seems to respect and wanting to play for Roy also his passion dedication is rubbing off on the team theyre making a new image for themselves...... Congrats avalanche fans great young team and. A future jack Adams (multiple) fantastic coach!!!!! Good job Patrick Roy in ur first season as a nhl coach..... A lot of great things to come for this organization..... Joe Sakic great gm ..... I see Stanley cups in near future!!!!!
**Whoaa, calm down there trigger. There's only 78 more games left in the season and I don't think anyone expects the Avs to go 82-0. Last year I think Marleau had 9 goals after 4 games. First, worry about making the playoffs, then worry about parade details later.
**While I am getting tired of seeing how heavily this is used against pittsburgh (as not all pen fans are trolls established in 08) the troll above deserved did deserve it MUHAHAHAHAHA (for the record though you are leaving yourself open to a burn from some troll pen fan that has not replied yet).
**You are the kind of pen fan that gives the rest of us a bad name. What kind of comment is that seriously? Yes the penguins are 3-0 but who have we played? We have played the Devils (ok team), Canes (medicore in my opinion), and Buffalo (do I really have to say anything). We have not played contenders yet. They just shut out boston in boston....they have beaten the ducks, they beat the leafs (all of which are playoff teams). While it is early in an 82 game season I'd venture to say if they keep their strong play up and stay healthy they will be in the playoffs.
**Just because someone throws down some light hearted smack talk, doesnt mean they're a troll. Lighten up people, this is a competitive sport, and the fans are competitive with each other. As long as its not malicious whats the problem? And as for the original poster....I didnt notice if we were going there, but you are coming to our house Apr 6....better bring survival gear! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA
**We may not even make it to the playoffs in the end, but one thing for sure, we will be better. Give Roy the 4 years on his contract and let's see where the Avs are then. One thing for sure, after being out in the cold for 6 years as an Avs fan, it sure feels good to see the hockey world at least talking about them again!
**quote from a boston fan i was sitting next to at the game last night "are we really going to be shutout by giguere?" yes you were... there has been an amazing change of confidence and spirit on the avs but as a fan who was there they got lucky a lot of times there are still some gaping holes in the defense that jiggy had to bail us out of but the fact they banged with probably the biggest goons in hockey is deff a great sign for the avs
**It feels great to be winning right now. My only concern based on our play is the offense. Almost half of our 13 goals came from game one. That makes 7 goals in 3 games... which is still decent but given the offensive talent we have it could be a greater number. Hopefully this was a result of playing great defensive teams ( Leafs, Boston ).
**As a B's fan I thought we had a lot of immature fans turns out that the Ave's have us beat. Or is it just avestf1998 making your whole fan base look bhttp://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/recap?id=2013020048&navid=sb:recap#ad. Congratulations on a good W but don't act like you killed us, one good tip and excellent goaltending the game could have easily been the other way around.
**Excellent job by Colorado, Giggy was outstanding and I thought the Bruins would light him up, man was I mistaken. Grats to you Av's fans your team looks really good. I am not disappointed with the way the B's played, they pressed in the Av's end for the majority of play, I must say I am a little disappointed in Luc for pressing the issue with Gabe, he should know better. Gabe had no intention of chucking the mits with an enraged Lucic, there are not a whole lot of takers on that, let alone Gabe. That penalty hurt the team, I love The passion Luc shows, but he should really think about things like that. It may have only cost him 2 mins if he stepped back and thought about it. But Gabe shouldn't be pushing his mitts in people's faces and not expecting an outcome. Oh we'll.. Learning experience for both I guess. Anyways, it was a really entertaining game to watch and again WTG Av's
**I would say for the most part the Bruins were pushing the play throughout the 2nd and 3rd. Avs still had their chances, but you could feel that the pressure was on. Avs started the game well and played a good 1st period, but the Bruins came out hungry after that. Jiggy was solid!
**I don't think you can overstate the impact bringing back Sir Patrick back to coach the Avs has had. A Colorado icon who has won 4 Stanley Cups and coaches his team like he played. But it's not even that simple. If you have read some of the local Denver press you would have known that Roy gets to the rink by 7:00am and doesn't leave unti 7:00 or 8:00pm. When asked about it, he said "this has always been easy for me. So it's no accident, he and his team are always prepared. And smart? If any of you think that trying to press Bruce under a pane of glass in game one was not a thought out reaction taking advantage of a situation, I have a bridge you can buy. That single moment is the biggest reason the Avs are 4 and 0. That 5 minutes set the tone for the rest of the season.
**I know it is early in an 82 game season but I think they will make the playoffs if they stay healthy and continue to play how they have been. Roy has really turned this team around and look at the teams they have beaten? Ducks, Leafs, and the Bruins (beat the predators too). Anyone that underestimates this team deserves to lose.
**Agreed. All three were strong contenders last season and still have their core. I'm certain having (arguably) one of the best NHL goalies in recent history as the coach doesn't hurt the performance of Giguere and Varlamov either.
**Wow, the Avs were tested and they prevailed. I'm glad they're not in our division, or in the East for that matter! I'm glad they're back on track. Became a fan of them that cup year. What a team. Here's hoping they find their way back to the Stanley Cup Finals in a few years!
**Still, the one disappointment that I had from the game last night was someone on the Avs not sticking up for Landeskog, the kid was out most of last season with a concussion so I don't blame him. Lucic surely would have tagged him in the head. And Landy was out there with Tanguay and Stastny so no help there. But Sarich was right there and although he was being held up by Chara, he didn't seem to be trying that hard to get away and help Gabe. Worked out in the end though. Overall the Avs matched the Bruins hit for hit and Rasak said the Avs wingers looked like they were moving at "100 miles per hour" in the first period. Also, haven't seen anything yet, MacKinnon is actually faster than Duchene end to end. Wait until this kid gets going!
**I think no one from the avalanche came to help Landeskog because he told them not to (at one point I think Sarich was coming to help but landeskog waved him to go away). He kept his cool as the captain as there was no point for him fighting Lucic. Not many players would go against lucic because he is huge. Instaed, the avs were leading 1-0 and Boston lost Lucic for 10 minutes.
**I'm a DEVILS' fan...... If Colorado continues like this theyre going to be scary!!!!!.......I would say theyre the dark horse of the west!!!!!..... Patrick Roy sis doing a sensational job good move joe sakic...... Team. Seems to respect and wanting to play for Roy also his passion dedication is rubbing off on the team theyre making a new image for themselves...... Congrats avalanche fans great young team and. A future jack Adams (multiple) fantastic coach!!!!! Good job Patrick Roy in ur first season as a nhl coach..... A lot of great things to come for this organization..... Joe Sakic great gm ..... I see Stanley cups in near future!!!!!
**Whoaa, calm down there trigger. There's only 78 more games left in the season and I don't think anyone expects the Avs to go 82-0. Last year I think Marleau had 9 goals after 4 games. First, worry about making the playoffs, then worry about parade details later.
**While I am getting tired of seeing how heavily this is used against pittsburgh (as not all pen fans are trolls established in 08) the troll above deserved did deserve it MUHAHAHAHAHA (for the record though you are leaving yourself open to a burn from some troll pen fan that has not replied yet).
**You are the kind of pen fan that gives the rest of us a bad name. What kind of comment is that seriously? Yes the penguins are 3-0 but who have we played? We have played the Devils (ok team), Canes (medicore in my opinion), and Buffalo (do I really have to say anything). We have not played contenders yet. They just shut out boston in boston....they have beaten the ducks, they beat the leafs (all of which are playoff teams). While it is early in an 82 game season I'd venture to say if they keep their strong play up and stay healthy they will be in the playoffs.
**Just because someone throws down some light hearted smack talk, doesnt mean they're a troll. Lighten up people, this is a competitive sport, and the fans are competitive with each other. As long as its not malicious whats the problem? And as for the original poster....I didnt notice if we were going there, but you are coming to our house Apr 6....better bring survival gear! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA
**We may not even make it to the playoffs in the end, but one thing for sure, we will be better. Give Roy the 4 years on his contract and let's see where the Avs are then. One thing for sure, after being out in the cold for 6 years as an Avs fan, it sure feels good to see the hockey world at least talking about them again!
RSS Feed
Twitter
Posted in
0 comments:
Post a Comment