**Are you serious? Against the Blackhawks he lets an EASY game winner go in off his glove from a shot that was going wide. Last night he poorly played the puck on Gerbe's game winner and turned it over to Carolina. I'm not sitting here criticizing his glove, blocker, or overall goalie statistics, I'm saying he needs to play smarter. Two of our losses I can pin squarely on Holtby just because he's not thinking and you can tell isn't 100% confident in his own mind. When Holtby's mind is in the right place he's phenomenal, but I just haven't seen that swag yet. Just because you can play the puck, doesn't mean you should.
**Not in an 82 game season. Plenty of time to make those points up, especially when we start gelling after the 8th game.
**I hope so, Im not a Caps hater, Ovie is a good kid. But every year there's at least one team that falls short by a point or two, and Washington isn't playing the panthers 8 times this year.
**True. But the team has too much talent on offense to fall apart like this. Defense is the only thing I worry about. We just need to get Erksine out of there.
**Gave up backes and timonen for gabrovski and gardiner in fantasy mainly cuz i wanted grabovski. Hope he starts lighting it up again!
**He got lucky on his first game with two deflections and playing with Ovie. He'll calm down and be the same Grabo he was in TO. He'll turn it on a notch or two when he plays TO to show he's the man and try the "In your face attitude" but he's still gonna be the same player.
**Kudo's to the Canes, of course they were due however...something like 1-10 in their last 11 meetings w the Caps at Verizon. Still, the Caps have one good scoring line, and that's it. Could be a long season...
**There seem to be a lot of streaks of bad ju-ju getting broken this year so far. As bad as the Canes did in Verizon, they were even worse v. Philly. Doesn't seem to matter how good or bad the two teams were, over the last 4 or 5 years, Carolina just couldn't seem to solve the Flyers. I remember one game in particular when Lavi was still here that Carolina had Philly down 5-1 going to the third and lost 6-5 in OT.
**Seriously dude, 1 good scoring line? Our second line is Grabo, Brouwer, Laich. I'd say our real problem is that "Holt_Beast." If he doesn't make ANOTHER mental error there is no third goal. Just hold on to it, Holtby!
**How does an offensive team like the caps always give up more shots then take? I can understand losing (defense, goalie, bad plays, etc), but I dont think we have outshot a team so far this season.Anyways grats to the Canes, u deserved the win, and you got it.
**he's playing better the Cam Ward right now! But it is good to be able to depend on the back up goalie when the starting goalie is off a little bit. I think the canes really started skating late in the second period and took over in the third. It was a good win.
**Khudobin's a solid backup with #1 potential. But it's still way too early to say he's gonna take Ward's job. Let's see what's happening in December or January.
**i remember a long time ago, aye , thar was a uniform that the slobbin islanders use to ware and it was thee ugliest thing my eyes laid upon . the logo of a fishermen were all caught up in the hype and brought out the worst lookin colors a nhl jersey had of all time , even cthulhu itself was sick after looking upon it
**Yeah, and honestly I think any time they play Detroit at home they should be required to wear their third uni to save confusion.
**This from a guy whose team used to wear the Gorton's Fisherman on their chests? Still not the worst of all time though. The Canucks had some bad ones and what was up with those green pants the Devils used to wear?
**Man, I really think that if the Caps want to win with their Power Play, they HAVE to play harder 5-on-5 hockey. The BEST way to draw penalties is to play your heart out in THEIR zone, playing hard and getting them flustered and making bad plays, getting them undisciplined. Then you get your PP. End of the day, Caps, you boys need to start rocking the 5-on-5 a little harder, a little more fire and fight.... I'm not sure if that starts with good outlet passes by the D, but you want PP you gotta start truly rocking even-strength.
**The best way to draw penalties is to outskate the other guys. Do that and they start taking those little hooking/tripping/interference/holding penalties because they're not keeping up with ya.
**I suspect Boston setting Khudobin free was as much his choice as theirs, but they were gonna have cap issues and he was arguably not their "goalie of the future". Happy to have him here though -- and at a bargain price too!
**The day we let Gerbe go I was furious. I still am. But good for him, he was always one of my favorite Sabres and he's just one of my favorite hockey players. Great work out there Gerbs!
**Gerbe's turning out to be even better than I expected. Wouldn't have ever bet on him being top-6 material, but playing on that line at least, he's certainly proving he's got the chops for it. What a find!
**yea, me too. I was getting mad when they were booing him whenever he touched the puck. I was hoping he would score to shut them up. It was a nice goal too. I'm glad we one, but I'm glad Ovechekin scored a goal to help me out on my fantasy leauge...lol.
**Sometimes it's not about having the best guys, it's about having the right ones. The line Gerbe's playing on right now doesn't look all that frightening on paper, (J Staal notwithstanding) but for whatever reason they read off each other extremely well and he's able to finish. Andrew Ladd was NEVER as good as we'd hoped he'd be until he went to Winnipeg (via Chicago). Happens all the time. Nice to be on the receiving end of it for a change, though.
**This is true not just skill, but chemistry. I'll buy that. I'll also buy the fact that in buffalo he was a third line but most of the time 4th line guy playing with Scott and Kaleta. He's not going to score with those guys.
**Honestly, I figured he'd be a 4th liner -- maybe a third liner -- here as well. And probably he would have been, but the line of him with J Staal and Dwyer clicked in pre-season so Muller left them together. And they're making a case for keeping it that way.
**Make that a brutal MONTH. It's not gonna get any easier. The Canes have 3 of the 4 conference finalists coming up in October, including the SC Champs.
**Who comes up with the stars of the game? There were 5 total goals and you're gonna give a guy with a +2 rating a star? Let alone a dude scoring his first career NHL goal or even Skinner who had two assists. I can understand Semin, but really?
**Not in an 82 game season. Plenty of time to make those points up, especially when we start gelling after the 8th game.
**I hope so, Im not a Caps hater, Ovie is a good kid. But every year there's at least one team that falls short by a point or two, and Washington isn't playing the panthers 8 times this year.
**True. But the team has too much talent on offense to fall apart like this. Defense is the only thing I worry about. We just need to get Erksine out of there.
**Gave up backes and timonen for gabrovski and gardiner in fantasy mainly cuz i wanted grabovski. Hope he starts lighting it up again!
**He got lucky on his first game with two deflections and playing with Ovie. He'll calm down and be the same Grabo he was in TO. He'll turn it on a notch or two when he plays TO to show he's the man and try the "In your face attitude" but he's still gonna be the same player.
**Kudo's to the Canes, of course they were due however...something like 1-10 in their last 11 meetings w the Caps at Verizon. Still, the Caps have one good scoring line, and that's it. Could be a long season...
**There seem to be a lot of streaks of bad ju-ju getting broken this year so far. As bad as the Canes did in Verizon, they were even worse v. Philly. Doesn't seem to matter how good or bad the two teams were, over the last 4 or 5 years, Carolina just couldn't seem to solve the Flyers. I remember one game in particular when Lavi was still here that Carolina had Philly down 5-1 going to the third and lost 6-5 in OT.
**Seriously dude, 1 good scoring line? Our second line is Grabo, Brouwer, Laich. I'd say our real problem is that "Holt_Beast." If he doesn't make ANOTHER mental error there is no third goal. Just hold on to it, Holtby!
**How does an offensive team like the caps always give up more shots then take? I can understand losing (defense, goalie, bad plays, etc), but I dont think we have outshot a team so far this season.Anyways grats to the Canes, u deserved the win, and you got it.
**he's playing better the Cam Ward right now! But it is good to be able to depend on the back up goalie when the starting goalie is off a little bit. I think the canes really started skating late in the second period and took over in the third. It was a good win.
**Khudobin's a solid backup with #1 potential. But it's still way too early to say he's gonna take Ward's job. Let's see what's happening in December or January.
**i remember a long time ago, aye , thar was a uniform that the slobbin islanders use to ware and it was thee ugliest thing my eyes laid upon . the logo of a fishermen were all caught up in the hype and brought out the worst lookin colors a nhl jersey had of all time , even cthulhu itself was sick after looking upon it
**Yeah, and honestly I think any time they play Detroit at home they should be required to wear their third uni to save confusion.
**This from a guy whose team used to wear the Gorton's Fisherman on their chests? Still not the worst of all time though. The Canucks had some bad ones and what was up with those green pants the Devils used to wear?
**Man, I really think that if the Caps want to win with their Power Play, they HAVE to play harder 5-on-5 hockey. The BEST way to draw penalties is to play your heart out in THEIR zone, playing hard and getting them flustered and making bad plays, getting them undisciplined. Then you get your PP. End of the day, Caps, you boys need to start rocking the 5-on-5 a little harder, a little more fire and fight.... I'm not sure if that starts with good outlet passes by the D, but you want PP you gotta start truly rocking even-strength.
**The best way to draw penalties is to outskate the other guys. Do that and they start taking those little hooking/tripping/interference/holding penalties because they're not keeping up with ya.
**I suspect Boston setting Khudobin free was as much his choice as theirs, but they were gonna have cap issues and he was arguably not their "goalie of the future". Happy to have him here though -- and at a bargain price too!
**The day we let Gerbe go I was furious. I still am. But good for him, he was always one of my favorite Sabres and he's just one of my favorite hockey players. Great work out there Gerbs!
**Gerbe's turning out to be even better than I expected. Wouldn't have ever bet on him being top-6 material, but playing on that line at least, he's certainly proving he's got the chops for it. What a find!
**yea, me too. I was getting mad when they were booing him whenever he touched the puck. I was hoping he would score to shut them up. It was a nice goal too. I'm glad we one, but I'm glad Ovechekin scored a goal to help me out on my fantasy leauge...lol.
**Sometimes it's not about having the best guys, it's about having the right ones. The line Gerbe's playing on right now doesn't look all that frightening on paper, (J Staal notwithstanding) but for whatever reason they read off each other extremely well and he's able to finish. Andrew Ladd was NEVER as good as we'd hoped he'd be until he went to Winnipeg (via Chicago). Happens all the time. Nice to be on the receiving end of it for a change, though.
**This is true not just skill, but chemistry. I'll buy that. I'll also buy the fact that in buffalo he was a third line but most of the time 4th line guy playing with Scott and Kaleta. He's not going to score with those guys.
**Honestly, I figured he'd be a 4th liner -- maybe a third liner -- here as well. And probably he would have been, but the line of him with J Staal and Dwyer clicked in pre-season so Muller left them together. And they're making a case for keeping it that way.
**Make that a brutal MONTH. It's not gonna get any easier. The Canes have 3 of the 4 conference finalists coming up in October, including the SC Champs.
**Who comes up with the stars of the game? There were 5 total goals and you're gonna give a guy with a +2 rating a star? Let alone a dude scoring his first career NHL goal or even Skinner who had two assists. I can understand Semin, but really?
RSS Feed
Twitter
Posted in
0 comments:
Post a Comment