Sunday, October 13, 2013

**Kings fans, boo me if you want, but I've got to put Quick's SHG blunder against the Rangers in the same category as Dubnyk's center ice blunder. Neither of those should have happened.

**Sutter needs to crack the whip. The Kings effort only seems to last for 1 period per game. I'm hoping they play a solid 60 minutes tonight. GKG!

**Carolina needs a good showing to build some momentum going into the next week. It's the third in four nights, and the rump of a back to back, but the minutes are being spread pretty evenly -- especially in goal. Biggest question is whether Carolina can match LA's physicality. The compete level is there, but you can't teach size.

**Need to see a complete game, like the article says. Problem with the game against the Senators (Our best effort of the season so far) was that after the first period, we went into shutdown mode. That's a good mode for the final period, but if you play that way for 2 periods, the other team is bound to chip away... and the Sens did. Keep the foot on the gas boys! Go Kings Go!!!

**Again, if our top line clicks and Ward has a strong game I will be surprised if we lose. Also interested to see whether Muller moves Lindholm to the 3rd line or keeps him playing 4th line minutes for a few more games.

**Looked like he was promoted to the third line last night, and I see no reason not to leave him there if he can manage the minutes. What will be interesting will be seeing how the first line responds, especially Tlusty. Just because the Canes are getting some depth scoring now (finally) doesn't mean the top 3 can phone it in.

**cam ward would have a better chance of a shut out then khuodobin... look at who K has faced... philly and washington... they are struggling right now.. ward has faced power house pens and red wings... know some facts their caniac....

**Don't get me wrong, I love Wardo, but the Caps have more goals than most of the NHL, and they have the best PP, which went 0-5 against Dobby. Either way we have a great duo in net!

**It's funny how this article said that Quick is still trying to rediscover the form that made him a Vezina finalist and Conn Smythe winner. I feel like Quick has looked sharp in each game so far. If it wasn't for him, we might be 1-3 or 0-4. These writers don't watch enough west coast games.

**He actually hasn't looked sharp for 60 mins. yet. At least QUICK like...but the defense is starting to click a bit better again with Mitchell and Greene in there full time and Muzzin getting his legs back. I think the Canes may be in for a rude awakening tonight...Kings have yet to put together a normal "KING" 60 minutes thus far. Will it be tonight? I predict Kopi has his way...

**What is quick trying to rediscover? He has been the one keeping us in games and made an awesome save last night that blew me away. His numbers will only improve as the season goes along and as the team finds the click that they are looking for

**He seems a bit shaky though. I think the pressure of becoming a celebrity athlete instead of just another one of the boys may have gotten to him after 2012. I'm sure he will adjust well to it though.

**this trip is much easier on the kings then it would be the canes.. to all of a sudden go from one coast to the other.. playing in what would feel like 4:00 ish is much easier then playing at what would feel like 10:00 or so for the canes



0 comments:

Post a Comment