Kings score three in third to defeat Islanders
**I thought the Islanders did an awesome job, really. The Kings just got two unlikely shots to the back of the net; Voynov's goal and Pearson's goal. In the end, Toffoli was just in the right spot at the right time and tipped in the game winner. I agree with those who say that the Kings stole this game, because in my opinion, the Islanders looked like they outplayed the kings for the better part of the game. I thought it was a well fought battle and the outcome was a stunner for sure. Good, intense, and exciting game to watch. Contrary to what some hockey fans have said, I don't think the Isles are a joke. If they were a joke, they wouldn't have made it to the playoffs last year. Cheers to good, hard fought hockey games, go Kings, go.**I'm very happy for Scribbles and Poulin got the L he deserved after that terrible flop. Who would've thunk it that the Vey-Pearson-Toffoli line would be as productive at the NHL level as they were AHL. It's too bad we can't have a fifth line because we've got some stars coming back from injuries soon...
**Opposing player enters crease and makes contact with goalie when puck not in crease. Sorry, goalie interference. Should be called more often. Forward not pushed into the crease, just crashing. Sorry, thats like saying I'm sorry my stick hit his face, why did you call that penalty because he fell to the ice when he should have manned up. By the way, Kings deserved game. Isles stunk it up in the 3rd period. Kings have solid defense.
**I don't know... It just seems like no matter if we have great players or mediocre, old or young, the season goes the same way.. first few games, they look wonderful... a joy to watch, win or loose. Then it collapse slowly and they descend into the "I don't feel like skating" malaise. The difference is so pronounced it actually looks scripted. Even in the playoffs last year, I saw the change near the end of the game and they lost and that was that.
**The team just does not consistently have the fundamentals for 60 mins and especially this season, the breakdowns and sloppy puck play leading to bad goals. Blame lies with the players, but think more importantly, with the coaches who need either a different strategy or preparation.
**Lackluster performance in the third period again. If they don't make a change quickly this team will miss the playoffs. Maybe its time to look at the coach. If capuano cant get these guys to play for 60 minutes, maybe its time to look for someone that can. Why cant we get some defensive help too?
**I'll put my hockey knowledge up against yours anytime and I'll never lose. The fact that you're an Islanders fan is a testament to your lack of hockey knowledge you LOSER. The Islanders are a JOKE and so are YOU.
**It's the Islanders that have lost all credibility. Haven't won a playoff series since 1993, probably before you were born. Anyone who knows hockey knows the Islanders are irrelevant. The only thing consistent aout them is their inconsistency, their low home attendance (among the lowest of all teams in the 4 major sports) and their multi-million dollar losses (they lose over $20 million per year). They should just forfeit the rest of the season and fold the team. The Islanders are a JOKE!
**i put a lot of the blame on capuano...the islanders were getting out worked in every aspect in the third period...with 15 minutes to go in the third the kings score a goal and it only gets worse from there....where was the time out call? to let them rally for 3 goals and at no point call a time out to regroup is god awful coaching. islanders should have been able to close this one out with the way they were playing. credit to the kings though.
**And the award for the biggest dive of the year goes to: POULIN OF THE NEW YORK ISLANDERS!! Those kinds of plays should be reviewed by the league. Absolutely disgraceful and shows why the isles are in the position they are in.
**while i agree that that shouldnt be allowed in the league...give me a break, "thats why theyre in the position they are." the goalie diving one time the whole year is the reason theyre where they are? come on now.
**Maybe I worded that the wrong way, what I meant was that the players/player has his mind on other things instead of just winning the game. Such as diving,charging,boarding etc etc. Anything that takes their attention away from just playing the game so they can win without any other distractions. I am a firm believer in "what goes around comes around" That's what I meant. I didn't mean that all the Isles troubles are resting on that one incident. Sorry to sound os shallow in the original post.
**all good...this islander team is generally plays stand up hockey though thats why i was defensive but totally agree that diving penalties like that should not be allowed in the game. he should have been penalized for it.
**Yeah man, but as shameful it is to see this happen in Hockey, you gotta admire the league for even handing out penalties for diving, AND the fans for condemning it... I know a lot of people love soccer but that is the main reason that I can never be a fan of that sport. Diving is so ubiquitous that the fans dont even care anymore. It's a joke. I thing the NHL is doing a good job of making sure that our league never becomes what soccer has become.
**Isles're looking good. Ness is killing it. I'm all jacked for the 3rd. Here we go...Next thing I become aware of is my kids asking my wife why daddy's crying. NYI...I really thought you guys had it. It was RIGHT there! I felt like I was watching a Devils game slip away. Better days ahead...hopefully.
**Let me tell you... being at this game was incredible. There were almost as many Kings fans in the stands as Islanders fans it felt and in the third period you could feel all of us come alive especially after that first goal. Now onto NJ tonight to show the Devils again who is boss!
**As a Kings fan and fan of all things hockey, I can't believe the Kings actually won this game. They were playing the worst game of the season by far going into the 3rd, had only 5 shots in the 2nd, couple lucky bounces got them 2 points last night. I'm happy with the result but that was a weird game to watch. That dive by Poulin should go down as the biggest dive in NHL history. Dwight King didn't even touch him on that play. No Carter,Stoll,Greene,Clifford & Quick and still got the win after being down 0-2. WOW!!
**A team that doesn't try for 60 minutes is a team that's not being motivated by the coaches. With everyones angry reactions, slamming their sticks after giving up these goals, you can tell a lot of these guys are getting fed up with their play and with each other. There is something going really wrong in this locker room right now, with the exception of a few they all seem to play as though they're embarassed to be Islanders. Right now they should be.
**Way to go Scrivens! Now you'll have 4 to 6 weeks of playing time to show what you can do. Hope Frattin gets out of his slump. He's a really good player but maybe after that knee injury, he's hasn't been the same.
**That was a great win and good to see the young players putting pucks in the net. I really loved Toffoli last year and Vey, Pearson, along with having Matt Frattin, is really putting some new speed on the ice for the Kings. Great to see these guys stepping up with so many injured Kings and Scrivens. I wasn't really happy we let go of Bernier, but the Maple Leaf fans were all saying, don't worry about Quick being out awhile, Scrivens is solid. He's really shown that this season in what I've seen. Toffoli I think has really earned a permanent place on the Kings roster and shouldn't be going back to Monarchs. My 2 cents.
**Scrivens is a decent backup... he got experience last year playing when reimer was injured. He should be good for you guys with a better team. Oye bernier is doing amazing with the leafs too. Deal worked out for both teams :)
**Seems like playoff hangover. Too much talk of "last year," let alone ancient history of 30+ years ago, and 20+ without a playoff round win. Concentrate on the hear and now, make moves to improve the team NOW, and stop carping about the Rangers & Devils. The four in a row was nice, but, remember, Montreal did 4 in a row, plus 5 from '56 to'60, and in Montreal, that is ANCIENT HISTORY!! NYC is a "what have you done for me lately" place!
RSS Feed
Twitter
Posted in
0 comments:
Post a Comment