Sunday, November 10, 2013

Capitals tie game late, beat Wild in shootout

**I must say Granlund has impressed me so far this season. He seems much stronger now and looks like he belongs in the NHL. It's going to be exciting to see him, Niederreiter and Brodin grow as players.

**Granlund has taken plays right out of Z. P's playbook drive with the puck to the net. Three multi hit games in a row for Granny so he is throwing the weight he has got around. I predict 20 scores for Mikael.

**I was saying yesterday that those two teams are very much alike and getting better every game this close result was a proof of that they are both good teams despite of Wilds loss I have a lot of respect for them Cheers

**The good News is Granlund is turning on Beast mode so we should be fine in long run 8 pts in last 7 equaling last years total out put he needed one year in NHL you heard of sophomore slumps this is opposite. Mark my words in future he will be seen as a top three player from that draft year.

**Sad Granny could not get that second goal or fontaine chipping that puck over Holtby the wild play like this we will not be on the outside looking in come april. Caps fans you better hope that Oats finds away to get your 5v5 sorted out or it is going to be a troubling year that pp is not going to bail you out all year.

**PACOYVU and GRANINOVILLE got a goal each.Wild really should have won that game,but 3rd and 4th line stopped scoring so there is/will be one goal missing. Get them back on track and youll surly make the playoffs

**HOCKEY LOVE!

**Yeah, Suter's a very solid D-man. Honestly, he's not just in phenomenal shape, but also plays smart. Right on the nail there. I'm more surprised when he doesn't play at least 32 minutes!

**I give alot of credit to Holtby too. I mean, Minnesota getting 30+ shots on goal is usually big. Caps and Wild have great tenders.. Alot of similarities between them actually. Still, I'm somewhat surprised Parise didn't get a go in the shoot-out.. Coyle was big in the game, but Koivu's been underperforming offensively somewhat.

**Great game for both teams, could have really gone either way and classy comments from both teams supporters. Ps what is hoping on with Danny heatley, is he just about done?

**I dont think anyone knows... he came back this season 15 lbs lighter and in great shape, but he looks like a lead weight on the ice. Plus he in a contact year. Just doesn't make sense...

**Like many players, Heater always had potential. He just never fully realized that potential. I expect he'll be hanging them up in the next 3 years.

**your boys were grabbing and holding all night. The refs missed a lot of penalties both ways and it worked out to be even. The Wild was the better team last night, but thankfully the caps got lucky and got the two points from it.

**Really? If that was weak what about Suter mauling Ovi behind the net when the puck was pretty much at the point? Or the call on Erat late in the game?

**great game. Holts is a beast- no doubt hes back to his usual form. Nicky as usual comes up clutch. MoJo is playing well on the second line-glad Oates put him there. Good game, but we need to get more shots and opportunities.

**I like his style a lot. He was obviously very talented when he played in the league (and still is haha) but I think that him playing in the NHL for all of those years is a big impact on the way he coaches. He said in one of his interviews that he prefers not to yell at players after they make a bad play mainly because they already know that they made the mistake in the first place, he also made a point of saying that hockey, is the players job and that they dont show up to be yelled at and that he prefers talking to them 1v1. He's a very good communicator. Great coach.

**Last night it started out being Laich-Johansson-Brouwer, but as the game went on the lines were shuffled and Wilson got some playing time there as well.

**Obviously Caps strongly needs at least one more scorer/shooter for some hope in playoffs. It seems that Grab, Erat, Laich, Johansson, Brouwer, Wilson (and who else?) - they all not big scorers.

**Grabovski is more or less a point per game, Brouwer is playing quite nicely, Johansson has like 6 points in his last 4 games, Laich is getting alittle better each game (slowly for sure). I think they're fine on offense, I am worried about Green, he makes some ill-advised passes out there.

**Granlund for shootout! I've been in dozens of Helsinki Ifk games where granlund dominates on SO. Great game to watch and well played caps.

**You mean the backhand that always seems to work and that he put the puck off the crossbar with? Coyle was the big question mark in the shootout. While he's an excellent player he doesn't have the hands like Granlund. I would have even gone with Brodziak over Coyle.



0 comments:

Post a Comment