Koivu breaks tie in Wild win against Senators
**No I would say not bad at all. He is consistent game in and game out and when he is not scoring he still helps you win. When he is scoring helps you win even more.**Ownership is the problem in Ottawa. The team went through the rebuild, we the fans expected to not see the team pay to the cap in those years as the young guys developed. But now that it's the third year it's time to open the wallet, but the wallet won't open. Ottawa should have kept Alfredsson by offering him a contract worthy of his time invested in the team. Ottawa should have signed some big name free agents. Instead we're sticking with what only worked well enough to be mediocre. All that means is maybe the 8th spot in the playoffs.Average team is average.
**Like the wild did, opening the wallat pays off. We rebuilt, got our youngsters and as they start to hit the NHL scene..our owner craig leapold signed parise, suter and now pominville. Hopefully Vanek as well in the summer after heatley bites the dust.
**What I liked about the game, The Wild were absolutely dominated in every Facet of that game and they found a way to win... sometimes when you're off and not playing well defensively as seen these last two games ( it appears Stoner has reverted to his 2012 form) your big time players need to step up and will you to a victory and they did that last night!! This Wild team has more heart than almost every Wild team before except the 01 team.
**They need to find linemates for Spezza. Michalek needs to go. He has literally been invisible and as much as I like Zibby, he is not ready for top line minutes. If the Sens need to find mates for Spezza without trades, they need to get Michalek out, put Corvo in Karlsson's spot, and have Karlsson on the right side with Spezza and move Zibanejad with Turris and try Ryan back on the top line and see if you can get production on both lines. It's not like the defense will play any worse than they have been, so you arent losing much on that end, but adding more speed to the top lines makes the dump and chase move a lot quicker and maybe the top line can sustain more offensive punch.
**Thing is now teams playing the Sens know they need to contain the Turris line since the rest of the lines aren't doing much, and if they do need to make the third line more productive, you recall Pageau and get that Pageau/Greening/Condra line back together. I also liked the Smith/Neil/Conacher line. This is the lines I would try to get type of production. The rest of the offense you send them back to Bingo or put them on waivers or make a trade for draft picks... Karlsson/Spezza/Ryan (obvious) McArthur/Turris/Zibanejad (can switch Ryan and Zibby if those combos don't work, but Turris and Mcarthur have made any LW work on that line) Greening/Pageau/Condra (never had problems getting the puck in the offensive zone and getting the faceoff for top 2 lines) Neil/Smith/Conacher (can scratch for Kassian depending on the opposition) Methot/Weircioch Phillips/Corvo Cowen/Borowiecki Goal Lehner (#1 starter, has proven it over and over this season he deserves the spot) Anderson (soon to be trade bait, has definitely been struggling this year)
**He used to play for the Sens. They wanted to trade him and had a trade set up with Edmonton (?), but he said no, evoking his no trade clause. He ended up receiving a massive bonus from the Sens, only to be traded to the Sharks at a later date.
**I think it is because he evoked the no trade clause, they got resigned for 6 years at like 40 million. The first year of the extension he had a horrible season, cried about how he was unhappy with Ottawa and demanded a trade and they were forced to pay him the signing bonus still. It was kind of douchey..
**He played for Ottawa.. Didnt like how coach Clouston was utilizing him on the second PP unit. Demanded a trade even though he had a no trade clause. Management told him they were speaking to Edmonton, his agent said that was fine. Ottawa agreed to a trade with Edmonton then Heatly blocked the trade to Edmonton by invoking his no trade clause. Many didnt like being held hostage by a player demanding a trade then hand picking what teams he would go to since he was a no trade clause.
**I would have thought Anderson would have had another shut down year this year considering how much talk if Quick or Anderson would be #1. So far this year, I bet Anderson doesn't even get a mention for the Olympic team this year.
**Lehner has been fantastic. Anderson not so much. PS... you should probably get a clue about GAA. It's a horrible stat.
**It's not about the GAA, its his save %. He is now under .900 and that is a bad stat as a starter. Lehner was .940 last year, and a .939 with a ton of more shots faced per game than Anderson. Im still not a fan of Bishop, but man, it definitely is time to turn the page in goal and let Lehner run with the ball. Even with the 5-2 loss, he still had a .909 or a touch higher SV %.
**Good to see the wild rebound from the Montreal game, but now your ahead by one point for the 2nd or 3rd time this season. Either way Koivu is looking like a beast and harding still playing great. Minnesota is looking like a true cup contender this year.
**GG Wild. The Senators are looking like disaster right now and I get sadder watching every game. I don't know if its time to hit the panic button. This team has capable players, just a couple really going. Anderson is also looking really shaky.
**Mikko can dominate a game without scoring a goal when he does it is just a bonus. He is not going to score you 40 but he will give you 20 + and a two to one takeaway to give away ratio along with a +15 and around 70 pts and hits. Mikko is a prototypical 200ft number 1 20 min a night center. Not every team can have a Stamkos or Crosby.
**Strange how last year in the playoffs Anderson was the new Patrick Roy and Price was the worst goalie? It takes more than one season or series to be a great goalie like Roy or Brodeur.
**This team is garbage. I've never seen them shoot a system in the foot as many times as I have in all the years I've watched this team. They are undisciplined and horrible defensively. What is wrong with this team>?!? Does there need to be a Tallonesque statement that needs to shake them up. Trade someone for a bag of pucks and see if it wakes some of these players up!
**Ray Ferraro and Gord Miller mentioned something that brought me here. It's regarding the kick-in that Koivu did in the second. This is my opinion on the rule. The danger in kicking the puck is possibly hitting someone in the crease right? So, if the player kicks the puck, and isn't in the crease, then it should count. Like Miller said, if you can kick the puck defensively, why can't you do the same offensively?
**I really liked that comment as well. Does the NHL think players are going to take soccer kicks at the puck? the only kicks would be ones like we saw last night and I don't see a problem with them going in. The NHL is always looking for a way to increase goals. Stop disallowing good competitive goals.
**Honestly, it's hockey not soccer/football (depending on where you are from). I agree with the fact that you can't kick in the puck, the same as how you can't pick the puck off the ice and throw it in the net with your hands. The goal should only count if it makes contact with the stick, or if it goes in off an opposing teams player.
**that doesn't even make sense.... you mean atlanta right? for Hossa? And no sens fan blamed him for a thing until he walked away from a non-cap team with 5 mil and a grudge before watching his career self destruct
** no he asked for a trade away from ottawa about a couple weeks after he signed his contract for big bu.cks and wanted the trade out of ottawa because he did.n't like the coach at the time.. we were then going to trade him to edmonton for some good young pro.spects but be.cause of his no tra.de clau.se he was able to basically ve.to the trade and then we were for.ced to trade him to a team who he consid.ered to be a "real" team.. or something along the lines of that.. so he asked for a tr.ade outside of ot.tawa but wo.uldn't go to the best place we could have go.tten something really good out of him
**He pretty much said Ottawa is a terrible team and demanded a trade because they weren't winning at the time and honestly they're way better off without him.
**the difference is it's much more difficult watching your team su.ck when we have really good players who should be much more consistent then this.. I mean we are able to beat detroit and boston.. and then get crushed by columbus and philadelphia.. we didn't just lose to those two teams.. we got crushed.. When we s.ucked back in 2009 it wasn't as painful because I already knew we were on the downfall and was expecting it.. I certainly am not expecting the games to be this bad this year.. thats for sure
**Same with me. It's so catchy! I'm almost tempted to put it here on the comments, but someone told me not to post it in them again. Oh well. I played the chorus of it on my phone after they won tonight, and I'm going to also wake up to that tomorrow morning. It's what I've been doing after every Wild win this season. I'll probably find myself whistling it randomly tomorrow too.
**I think you mean eastern conference team vs western conference team. Apparently geography is not your strong suit, Lol. Minnesota is not exactly on the west coast, it is close though, only approx 2400 KM away.
**Watch the grammar policing, bud. I could talk about your weird spacing around your punctuation, but that's beneath me and should be for you too. It's the internet and we're talking about hockey, not completely obvious insinuations by the original poster. I was careful in constructing this sentence so as to not draw your ire, sire. All that being said, holy f*** - the western conference is unbelievable. Avalanche hold the last wildcard in the west but their point total would be enough for FIRST in the east. That's stunning
**And I think your asking " what else did he mean?" not " what else did he meant?" . I know what he was intending to say, I just found it amusing is all. Thus the Lol. Do you need a hug?
RSS Feed
Twitter
Posted in
0 comments:
Post a Comment