Kessel's pair leads Maple Leafs past Islanders
**kessels the best .Kessel got a sweeet pair.I missed the beginning of the McLaren-Carkner fight in the live broadcast, but just saw it in the highlights...but did it not look like that McLaren wanted to do the twist instead of fighting lol**You know the worst apart about it is, these trolls get their comments through and I even downgraded my earlier comments to a grade 2 level, and it still wouldn't pass moderators. Time for the NHL to twerk their comments system
**lol, people ripping on Clarkson still. Who cares if he doesn't score many goals, he's doing exactly what he should. Every night I watch him he plays more aggressively than any other Leaf out there, and we need guys like that. Keep it up Clarkson
**Let's not get ahead of ourselves! They need to actually go on a winning streak for once before we can even talk like that...two games is nice, but it always seems they drop one after winning a couple, very frustrating!
**I know it's still early, but playing with a patchwork lineup all season and 3rd in the conference at the quarter pole is pretty impressive.
**Kadri returns tomorrow bozak will be activated but is game time , leafs lines at practice JVR - kadri - kessel Lupul - smith - clarkson Raymond - holland - kulemin Mcclement - smithson - Orr Extras : bozak, Fraser , mcclaren
**I think they should keep Smith in...he has built up good chemistry w/ clarkson and lupul so far. Bozak should replace Holland if anything. But Kadri should definitely center the top line.
**Tough call, but I would say Holland, despite Smith's impressive game last night. I'm sure Nonis will want to keep him up for a while to check out what he has to offer. But not for more than 24 games total as that would mean we give up a 2nd pick instead of a 3rd.
**Those who talk smack about Clarkson's contract don't understand what he brings to our team. Horton has the same price tag in Columbus but nobody goes off about him. Clarkson is a special type of player. Sure he's had a tough time finding the back of the net but it's not for lack of trying. Since he's returned from suspension he's been exactly as advertised: gritty power forward who's not afraid to get in the corners and produce some offence as well. Something that has been sorely needed in our top 6 and he fits right in. He'a a great player and I love having him on our team.
**i wish we had clarkson on de habs...even if he only get 10 goals...its what else he bring to the games. the great fore checking...he goes to the tough ice...he back checks...and always back up his teamates....he is well worth what the leafs spends...
**Yup. You're right. And now that he's got that obstacle out of the way (re: the first goal) he will only get better. Even if he doesn't score again for a few more games, it doesn't matter...he's only going to get better. Until last night, the pressure (if there was one) to start scoring might have been a distraction from his playing ability
**I mean Grabner did not exploit his many chances, he definetly has to be better, but neither did Bailey who created almost nothing. Still, Grabner was far away from actually playing bad and although i doubt he would have made much of a big impact yesterday, they really could have used his speed. A game off for him could be good, I don't know, but it is definetly not a good feeling to be dropped. Just get rid of Capuano. The Grabner decision was an example of his missing coaching sense in terms of dealing with player's talents and also their characters. I'm interested in your opinions.
**Smitty Clarkie and Lupul..best line for the last 3 games imo. lotsa puck possession and offensive zone time. JVR played better last night and great to see Phil the Thrill get back on track. and as always Bernier was stellar yet again. Isles had lotsa good chances thanks to Ranger the Giveaway artist.
**thats first game in buffalo looked a little shaky but since then they have looked great. also the kulemin/mcclement/raymond line has been lights out shutting teams down and adding some offence too... and now we have to make changes with bozak and kadri returning, tough moves to make.
**We have a much better group of games coming up than either Boston or Tampa. They have some tougher matchups. Time to make hay before it gets too cold boys. December is going to be a tough month against a lot of western conference teams. GLG!!!
**don't be an elitist @ss. Bowen's commentating is silly at best and Greg Millen has a super skewed version of everything that happens on the ice. I've been watching since '67 and HNIC is not the same program as it used to be. The only guy on the broadcast that has any right to be there is Ron McLean. Millard is a weenie, Doug is an argumentative tool and Kipper...well ok I like Kipper too. I'm forgetting someone, OH! Andi Petrillo doesn't get enough screen time, she needs to take over Cassie's spot...and if I never see Hrudey on tv again, I'll be a happier human.
**Exactly. It's easy to bash the Leafs when you don't support them. Clarkson will come up big more than once and US Leaf fans will sit back like it's a shootout win because we KNOW what this guy is capable of.
**Joe is the man. He's as silly as the day is long but his heart is made out of pure gold and he does more for little league hockey than anyone I can think of. I make fun of him constantly but my hat's off to him.
**I agree with the latter, only. I think he gets carried away and forgets what he was going to say, so he comes up with some nonsense. I also don't think he can see everything that goes on, he gets plays wrong quite often imo..
**This comment is for Mighty-Boston-Bruins, ur such a loser that would write a dumb comment again after getting flagged what a low life. Orr didnt get beaten silly. CLARKY got his first we are happy for that. Leafs are a great team this year LEARN TO LIVE WITH IT. And NOBODY CARES WHOS LEADING the atlantic BY 2 points. If you are still there at the end of the season the come back and say something.
**Wow. Does any Islander fan really believe that this team is going to make the playoffs. The only question is weather the Isles will finish ahead of Buffalo. The defense is the worst in the teams history and the goaltending is not any better.
**Wow, at this rate Clarkson will earn $1.3 million per goal by the end of the year! Orr got beaten silly, which was nice to see and the Leafs' house of cards continues to stand. Oh well, it's bound to fall. Guess who's leading the Atlantic?
**Let's have another conversation about who's leading the Atlantic on the 1st of December. I'll be waiting here for you loser. If you don't show up, I won't bother oming to the Bruins page to look for you, I'll just assume you have your head shoved a little farther up your @ss. Have a nice day.
**GO LEAFS GO!! we needed this win for our confidence now on to Nashville on Thursday good game NYI.
**So great to see Clarkson finally get one. Wasn't for lack of chances. Maybe he'll loosen up a little more now, though I encourage him to keep running over people.
**Is it just me or do the scores in general this year feel more one-sided than they have in past years? I mean it might just be me but last year I doubt there was night where it'd be 7-0, 6-2, or 5-1... It might just be be but I mean besides the 9-8 jets-flyers game two years ago there haven't been that many high-scoring games until this year
RSS Feed
Twitter
Posted in
0 comments:
Post a Comment