Perry's late goal leads Ducks past Blue Jackets
**Dubinsky not suspended and hit ruled clean by Dept. of Player Safety. This is why you don't let linesmen dish out game misconducts! That call probably cost the Jackets the game, they are a totally different team when Dubinsky isn't out there, not to mention when they are killing a 5 minute bs penalty.**bmiller31: Yeah I think he'll get a few. The principal point of contact was the head but I thought it was just more because of their height difference. It did look like Dubinsky came up as he hit him, but he definitely didn't leave his feet or aim for the head intentionally.
**Dryish: Honestly, after watching this and the last two games, I'm starting to get incredibly concerned over Cam Fowler's performance especially when it comes to his puck handling on the offensive blue line. He was touted as the next coming of Scott Niedermayer a couple of years ago, not less by the fact that he lived under his roof too, but now he's making the most mistakes out of any Ducks player per game. That 2-2 goal? Atrociously handled. All credit to Anisimov, that was a beauty, but Fowler's mistake was the start of it. And he's made a similar mistake in almost every game now, which is one of the reasons why our PPG is so quiet. When Sbisa returns, I'd love to see him go back down, as sad as it is. The rookies are both playing an amazing game right now, even though Vatanen still needs to learn some patience. Cam's not playing as well as he could/should. And if that doesn't get any better the later we go, we might really want to look into trading him.
**kevint8: Sad to say but I have to agree that Fowler has been on the decline. I understand that it takes time to develop but when you are developing you should see some progression not regression. Fowler's first year he played greatl. 2nd year he played well. 3rd year, he is good but performance could've been better with 2 years of NHL experience already. This year, he is off to a bad start turning over pucks and a liability on both ends. I like Cam Fowler and hope he gets out of the slump soon.
**dennis: Gotta comment on the Jacket Play by Play guy. He is the worst I've ever heard . He is brutally bad. Too much of a homer. Others are homers but at least you know when the opposition scored goal
**yarn_resarf: Dubinsky definitely hit Koivu's head, although it definitely did not look intentional or dirty in any way. I understand the penalty, but ejection seemed to be overkill--especially because the referees did not initially signal for a penalty until well after the hit occurred. Not only did the five minute penalty kill tire out some of the players, but the team looked visibly defeated without their best on-ice leader. I loved the resolve of the Jackets to come back multiple times, but I think the ejection was unnecessary, and that killed them in the end. Fun game to attend though. We've got to get that attendance up!
**CAUPEI: I watched that hit quite a few times, and i didn't think it looked that dirty. His elbow didn't really come up, and he didn't make principle contact his with his head. It seemed like he hit his shoulder into his head, and then his head hit the ice afterwards. I'm not saying don't review it, because it was a late hit. But i don't think there was any malice behind it, or that it was near as dirty as say, Soctt's, Garbutt's, or Kaleta's hits.
**onemoreyearteemu: Reviewed as in punished Chara or took a look at the videos and talked to people about behind the scenes? Everything is reviewed in many ways, every statistic that is written is controlled. They state that very often and as proof, changes are made every now and then to the stats. Penalties are given, even suspensions are given afterwards even though there's no penalty on the ice.
**OLDSKEWL PHIL: thatta boy you see Marko it's alright Lad this is the name of the game, some players can take a hit like a man and catch there breath on the bench and some want to lay on the ice like a little girl. Girls don't belong in this game and neither do bleeding heart fans.
**hohohorea: So, let me see if I got that right: you're actually saying Saku Koivu is a girl (apparently that's a bad thing in your book) or plays like one? I honestly hope you're just trolling.
**OLDSKEWL PHIL: Tell me lad if the shoe was on the other foot would you care? I see this all the time. The fans player gets his bells rung and then they start crying for a bloody suspension. That hit was as clean as a whistle. Is Koivu a girl? I don't know son you tell me. That hit knocked the wind out of him, that much I do know. But you get your rear end up and too the bench and don't draw attention to yourself. That's a man
**Marko Vänttinen: It was my opinion. Like almost all writings here on NHL.com. Im not fishing for up- or downvotes. I watched the check on youtube quite a few times and in MY opinion it was classless. Even his (Dubinsky) reaction after the check. Hard hits belong in hocke, thats one reason why I like the sports so much. There are just few players who again, in MY opinion are legends and shouldn't be hit in the head. Elbow, shoulder, whatever.
**CBJ: Yeah, I saw a lot of empties too... Maybe it could be the fans are a little disappointed with the Jackets. I mean, coming into the season I did expect better than 5-6. The fans used to show up even when the team was a bottom 3 team in the league, but now they expect better. 5-6 isn't meeting expectations. If the Jackets go on a 5 game winning streak or something, the fans will start showing up.
**OLDSKEWL PHIL: After reviewing the Dubinsky hit on Koivu....OLDSKEWL PHIL says "if you don't like contact sports then take a hike" If your going to whine and cry every time a player's bells get rang then change the channel to figure skating or Dr Phil. This is a game for men not mice
**cbj13fan: Not going to get into the Dubinsky hit. But I must say I find it ironic that the more the NHL dishes out suspensions, the more dangerous hits we have. Obviously they need to rethink how they are addressing the problem, it isn't having the intended impact.
**charleboy: I'm sure that at some point in his life, Mrs. Dubinsky told her son not to pick on kids that were smaller than him. That's ultimately what happened here. If he hits Getzlaff like that, no one would question.
**Ducks1995: Yeah but Fowler is always hyped up to be amazing but in reality is over-rated. Good, but his puck handling can be flat out terrible some games. And if we can get a top tier d-man for them then I'd jump on that deal
**Gardiner-Expressway: "Phil Kessel scored just 40 seconds in for the Maple Leafs but Getzlaf bettered that, getting his fifth goal after 19 seconds off a pass by Corey Perry. Getzlaf one-timed the feed through the pads of Bobrovsky." I'm confused. I swear this is the Ducks vs Blue Jackets. How did the Leafs come into this?
**yarn_resarf: Kessel scored 50 seconds into a period against the Blue Jackets on Friday night. I think they're trying to stress the fact that the Jackets are playing too loose at the beginning of periods, although the author did this incredibly poorly.
**cbjackets9: Dubinsky tucked his elbow and went in for a clean hit....hits the head because Koivu is 4 feet tall. This call aside, the officiating of this game was atrocious. The Ducks were not called for a penalty until the very end, while the Jackets were whistled for numerous questionable roughing calls. Why is Foligno singled out? If anything that scrum should have resulted in offsetting minors - the Ducks were piling on as well. Jack Johnson called for roughing for finishing a check. Apparently this is against the rules. Numerous missed trips and holds that weren't called. Terrible officiating. Jackets were outshot badly but that's to be expected when you're playing a man down for 11 minutes.
**BlazingEtem: Offsetting penalties? On who? Beauchemin's head? Foligno cross checked him multiple times on the back of the head after the hit. Johnson's hands hit Palmieri in the face when delivering the check. Take the blinders off.
**trivia38: I'll agree with you that the Ducks did get away with some calls, noticeably two tripping calls from perry and maroon. However all of the Jackets penalties were warranted. Foligino initiated the scrum, while Johnson finished hit check with contact to the face. While Dubinsky elbows Koivu, clearly. You dont get knocked out from a chest hit. (and no he doesn't hit his head on the ice) Sometimes the penalties wont even up and you got to deal with it. Every team experiences it.
**cbjackets9: Foligno's scrum was in response to a hit to head from Beauchemin. Beau took a run at Anisimov, the refs ignored it, Foligno didn't. Johnsons hit was almost identical to a hit on Gaborik from Beau less than a minute earlier. You guys got a lot of help from the refs tonight.
**Verne Gordon: I hope the league reviews the Brandon Dubinsky elbowing and punishes him accordingly! There are too many players getting injured and this is only the last week of October! Hope Saku is okay after that elbow; he doesn't deserve to have that happen to him. How about Silfverberg? Is the league going to look at the slashing call that broke Jacob's hand? There's too much violence! How about playing hockey??
RSS Feed
Twitter
Posted in
0 comments:
Post a Comment