Saturday, November 16, 2013

Blackhawks outlast Coyotes in shootout

**Shut up you stupid fools, go back to espn troll boards all you fake Hawk fans. You fools do not speak for real Hawk fans. You only continue to show your ignorance and lack of hockey knowledge. So just shut up, shut up shut up!!!!!!

**If it wasn't for smith just taking up space in front of the goal he would really stink! What a cry-baby, the cryotes will not win the cup as long as smith is in goal. BTW- it was so much fun watching them loose to LA and watching the whole team including tippet cry embellishment. It really does take one to know one.

**Ed Belfour got rammed a coupl eof times early in his rookie year. He started hammering guys in the face with the waffle board. He got penalized of course, but guess what stopped hapeening to him for the rest of his career? Ask Billy Smith, not a big guy, about getting rammed in the crease. He won 4 Cups and nobody really rammed him.....why? Because he used that goalie stick like a machete. Big Mike SMith could take a lesson from the above mentioned goalies.

**Hey man. The blue paint is nowhere for wussies. Billy Smith was only about 5-10 or so. Nobody went near the blue paint on him for fear he would chop them down like a tree. Belfour gained a rep for swinging that waffle around like a frying pan. If Smith starts doing that, sure, he will take a penalty or two. But his rep will quickly spread and then he can stop whining about getting hit. (Funny. A guy 6-4 whining about getting hit.)

**I've got to be one of the few fans who actually likes when Smith gets angry. Although this is the first time it cost us powerplay, at least he kept the puck out. As long as hes not taking out knees like he tried with Brown in our series I'm fine with whatever he does. What people don't realise is more and more players are taking advantage of the referees by embellishing or purposely falling to draw penalties. As if every team in the league doesn't do it. It's annoying but seems to be part of the game now.

**Our Defense played terrible again last night. When they finally tweak things and also get some of the youngsters up to speed when they have to fill in for injuries, the Coyotes are really gonna shine. It may take another month or so, but when it finally all comes together, it will be fun to watch.

**The only thing worse than Smith's constant diving and complaining, is Tyson Nash's commentating! I get Center Ice for a reason and it is so I can hear MY home teams broadcasting team!

**That I will agree with! I understand his place and his position, but he is more of a "homer" than most. I will give him credit for apologizing for his incorrect comments a few years ago when he first stated Torres' hit on Hossa was clean and legal.

**The coyotes did plenty of crosschecking in the game last night, i.e. Andrew Shaw cross checked into Smith and the same with Jonathan Toews. I like the idea of the Hawks getting back Chris Versteeg, Jimmy Hayes and Dylan Olsen right going to do much for the Hawks, Versteeg was a big part of their 1st Stanley Cup in almost 60 years. If he's back from his torn ACL which they claim he is, the Hawks just got a lot tougher.

**Personally I like that he flips out a lot. I think its part of what makes him so good. That being said, its not just this game but there should be a steeper penalty for running into the goalie, accidental or not. I swear Smith gets rammed once or twice a game and you can count on that. I haven't seen the play but when I heard it on the radio I expected the reaction, first time it's ever cost us though.

**As stated clearly before, If a guy that size starts hitting back and hitting back hard, the ramming will cease. Mike Smith is a big guy. Too big to be messed with if he gets his back up and starts swinging. Would you go near a guy who is 6-6 on skates, knowing he will swing a goalie stick like a crazy person if you go invade his paint? Debate concluded.

**Why would there be penelties for being shoved into a goalie? Maybe there should be penalties for trash talk? Or hard looks? This is hockey, brother. This is the last bastion of tough-guy team sports (UFC is not a team sport). All this talk about keeping goalies from getting run into takes away from the game. Sure, a goalie getting checked off the crease is and should be illegal, but penelizing for incidental contact? C'mon. This is why hockey is at risk for devolving into the sorry state of the NFL.

**I'm biased as a Hawks fan but since moving to Phoenix, my distaste for the team has grown, primarily because they signed Torres and my dislike of Smith continues to grow. No doubt, he has talent and is a good goalie, but he always seems to think he should be in Hollywood, not on the ice. I have never seen any play embellish contact like he does. I used to think it was only against the Hawks, but he does it ALL the time. Perhaps he thinks he is playing soccer with some of his dives. He literally stuck his left arm out, basically grabbed Shaw, has Shaw's momentum carry him to the ice and then he gets in Shaw's face. Really? If you are such a tough guy, drop the pads, play some defense and get into a real scrum! He is a joke!

**We've got a comedian over here, Torres is gone and we're still labeled because of his hit on Hossa? cmon... That same year, didn't a player from the Hawks, whos still on the roster, elbow a Sedin to the face? I see comments about how classy Hawks fans are but its rather a 50/50 scenario when these 2 teams play after our series 2 years ago. The classy ones are the ones who've been able to let go of the past. I want to play the Hawks so badly in the playoffs, without Torres. Without any injuries. Without excuses. It will go 7 games no doubt. We've got a great rivalry because of that series, I always look forward to the games between these 2 teams.

**Kind of ironic, almost sad, that a rivalry, albeit a good one, blooms from the acts of a bonfide goon like Torres. That guy has just about worn out his welcome in the NHL. So glad Phx dumped him last year. What amazes me the most about the Torres/Hossa hit? The Phx announcers calling it a good hockey play. A guy like Darren Pang knows better. But sometimes you gotta be a shill, I guess. Especially when your team is in financial trouble, like the Yotes were back then. Those Phx announcers gave hockey a bad name that night. Hope they realized this, and atoned later on.

**Helluva game for hockey fans, what a pace by both teams, cpl weird, if not unusual goals, and a pretty physical contest. The Yotes are for real, and as a hockey fan let alone Hawks homer was impressed how they turned up their game after goin down by two. Much faster, and better puck moving team than I remember them. Hawks, still gotta tighten up that Pk abit but did kill a major one late in the game. Doan didnt have to nail Oduya like he did after Johnny took a knee to the head, was hoping Seabrook would get him but I bet he remembers Doan next game, or Bollig will. Go Hawks, and great trade last nite too!

**Smith is a by-product of the culture in Phoenix, I also moved to Phoenix 10 years ago. Shane Goon whines. Their announcers whine. Coach Dave Tippett whines and forces the team to play the most boring style of hockey imaginable. Most of the Phoenix fans don't have good hockey sense. What's to like?



0 comments:

Post a Comment