Friday, November 1, 2013

Penguins score twice in third, hold off Bruins

**spheroid: This was just incredible hockey...both teams delivered on the highest level....best game in this season so far!!!

**smintheus1: Crosby takes a run at the smallest guy on the ice...still a piece of work. How Krug ended up with a matching penalty is beyond me.

**ArrogantSince05OrWasItBeforeThat: I think your dislike for Crosby is blinding you. It was an insignificant scrum. It's absolutely outrageous that you people are getting so worked up about something that can be seen in every game. Oh no he put his gloves in his face. Kick him out of the league!!! It's called roughing if it. This is why they both got a roughing penalty.

**smintheus: And you of course are letting your love of Crosby blind you to the point: The only person Crosby messes with is the smallest guy out there. When he also takes a run at the biggest guy out there, get back to me about my "blindness".

**pawsbyandmeowkin: The difference between this game and last playoffs is that those goals by Sutter and Jokinen hit the pipe and bounce out. That's why I wasn't so upset about the sweep because besides game 2, it really could have gone either way (despite how much everyone tries to tell me how horribly I should feel about it). Great game.

**bsmtdug: I didn't realize I had an obligation to analyze the entire game. No, Marchand shouldn't have cross-checked Orpik, who made a great defensive play against Marchand. Thornton shouldn't have hit someone in the numbers (I forget who it was) and into the boards. Anything else you'd like me to address?

**bsmtdug: They aren't the greatest players on the planet, they're role players. Sid is and for good or ill, he is held to higher standard at least by me. He's also going to be a leader of Team Canada. Those guys are not leaders and will never wear a 'C' or an 'A'. Sid had a hissy fit over nothing, that's the bottom line. I wouldn't call that 'going off'.

**ivtech2008: Unlike other Boston Fans he is handling this well. What...because he said he didn't like Crosby throwing a hissy fit he's getting scolded? He acknowledged the dirty play of Boston what more do you want? He also makes a good point...Crosby is the face of the NHL. I do not think anyone can deny that statement and because of this he is held to a higher standard. Just about anything Crosby does will be analyzed by someone with an article or video. It was indeed a scrum that if another player was involved with (glass instead of Crosby) no one would’ve thought much about it. People that wear an “A” or “C” should not behave in such a way, but some do. I still think Crosby is under the heaviest magnifying glass because I have seen many other players wearing an “A” or a “C” do stuff like this/hissy fits and not get this hatred like Crosby does. Bsmt you are indeed entitled to your own opinion but when your team did dirty plays as well expect to have responses about them (regardless of the letters worn by a player). This is a board and regardless of team you will get that (so don’t be too shocked if it happens). I am trying to keep this as neutral as possible, you made some good points that and some of the responses are a bit over the top.

**Justin: If just one of the 30 TVs in the bar I was in last night had the Bruins game on instead of the World Series I would have been happy as a clam. Sox get my full attention, obviously, but it would have been nice to check in on the game once in a while. Oh well. Good win Penguins. I am sure we will be meeting again in the playoffs - aka when games matter.

**bsmtdug: Bear in mind this comment is coming from a Canadian - What was with Crosby's hissy fit against Krug? Was a pretty mild bump by Krug. I guess Cindy felt he could act like a man against a smaller player. I note that Iginla was not impressed and had a few words with Crosby right after...then later in the game went of his way to rough up Crosby behind the net. My take is he was disappointed in and pissed at Crosby. I think Crosby is a great player and all, but as a Canadian he embarrasses me with his sulkiness. Gretzky didn't behave like that. I will cheer for him at the Olympics, but it will stick in my craw a bit.

**ivtech2008: Little bit over the top on that one. Yes Crosby complains and whines...it can get under everyones skin but I wouldn't go as far to say he dives like a soccer player. Plus some players exaggerate the penalty to draw one, it is (sadly) part of the game. If it happens to draw a penalty and your team wins I am sure none of that teams fan basis would comlain too much.

**ArrogantSince05OrWasItBeforeThat: Sounds like the usual "let's complain about something insignificant that Crosby did". Way to leave out the fact that he was cross-checked in the back by Lucic as he skated. I'm sure you were ok with that. He got into a scrum with Krug. Who the hell cares. This happens in every game. If this kind of thing embarrasses you then go watch figure skating.

**RyRy66: just what I was going to write, people love to talk about the whining but fail to mention the cheap shot/check to the back/slash etc that happens immediately before. Any other captain is applauded for fighting back. Crosby does it and hes a baby.....talk about whiners

**bsmtdug: The response was disproportionate to the initial contact. It was against a smaller player. These things are not admirable. If something more signficant had happened and he reacted that way, I would applaud him. But that is not the way it went down. Yes Gretzky was a bit of whiner, but I don't think he was at the same level as Sid. I remember watching plenty of playoff games in the 80s when the Oilers were killing Boston and I didn't feel dissappointed in Gretzky, or ever have any qualms about him being captain of Team Canada. In any event, this is a place for opinions, everyone is entitled to one, and there is no need to make personal insults.

**lucic617: to see you whine about Crosby's whining is supremely ironic. Again, scrums like that happen in every game, to the point that no one ever dwells on them (except you, apparently). You have no idea what was said between the two. Krug could have easily said something to get under Crosby's skin. No one knows and no one cares. he got a dirty glove and the game went on. Stop whining, stop comparing to Gretzky, and go burn down your city some more.

**ArrogantSince05OrWasItBeforeThat: "It was against a smaller player." lol really? So then why aren't you saying the same things about Iginla? He pretty much mugged Sid behind the net. Iggy's bigger then Sid. Does he embarrass you too? I really have a hard time believing that you really are embarrassed. I think you just don't like Sid. So his every move is magnified. This is hockey, stuff like this happens every game. Your making things much bigger then they really are.

**LizikaBostonBruins: A great game, almost like a playoffs one. Pens are probably feeling better now as they scored more goals in this game than during all their 4 games against us last series. Penalties cost a lot to the Bruins, without Lucic's one the game would probably have gone in OT, hope they'll learn from their mistakes. Also don't understand why Julien let so many rookies on the ice instead of using more vets for this important game. Well, it's done, Turn the page, and get ready for tonight! Go Bruins!!!!

**LizikaBostonBruins: Excuses???? Not making any. If you read carefully I'm blaming Lucic instead for his penalty, which cost us one goal, that's why I added without this the game would end with OT, no matter which team win at the end! Also was right to notice that for such an important game facing a strong team like the Pens, Julien should rather have put more vets on the ice than rookies. Finally I also said it was a great game almost like a playoffs one, and to do so it takes TWO great teams!

**darinmc: Lucic's penalty didn't cost you a goal, your penalty killing unit did if anyone, but again that's just not giving credit where it's due. Blaming random players for a team effort is an excuse in a team sport, always has been.

**darinmc: 69.1 Interference on the Goalkeeper - This rule is based on the premise that an attacking player’s position, whether inside or outside the crease, should not, by itself, determine whether a goal should be allowed or disallowed. In other words, goals scored while attacking players are standing in the crease may, in appropriate circumstances be allowed. Goals should be disallowed only if: (1) an attacking player, either by his positioning or by contact, impairs the goalkeeper’s ability to move freely within his crease or defend his goal; or (2) an attacking player initiates intentional or deliberate contact with a goalkeeper, inside or outside of his goal crease. Incidental contact with a goalkeeper will be permitted, and resulting goals allowed, when such contact is initiated outside of the goal crease, provided the attacking player has made a reasonable effort to avoid such contact. The rule will be enforced exclusively in accordance with the on-ice judgment of the Referee(s), and not by means of video replay or review.



0 comments:

Post a Comment