Flames shut down Ovechkin, beat Capitals
**Quin Wannet: Calgary was always near top middle of the pack in scoring, for years. That's not really our problem's, of course more goals always help, but on the other end we've always been near the bottom in goals against. I know brodie will help, I hope kanzig works out.**Bobrovskyyyy: I felt really bad for Holtby in the game :( he bought 30 tickets for his whole family to fly out from Lloydminster, then he gets pulled 7 minutes into the game for goals that were hardly his fault
**Anar_Sajoo: The Calgary Flames played extremely well. It was awesome to see them gain momentum in the initial period and sustain their lead. Penalty killing efforts were remarkable and keeping Ovechkin at Bay was tremendous!
**Noah: Calgary is a good team. They have proven scorers like Hudler, Cammalerri, Glenncross, Wideman, Giardano, Monahan, etc. and two solid goalies. They are a very well rounded team. I don't understand why Oilers fans think the Flames are worse..... this team is 10000 times better even without three 1st overall picks.
**AssaultnPepper: I'm not trying to troll you or anything but Calgary has given up the 2nd or 3rd most goals in the NHL this season (so far). It's hardpressed to describe the goaltending situation as "solid". I agree with what you said about your forwards, a lot of talent and they have been performing really well but it's not enough to make the playoffs unless you get some help between the pipes and get that GF:GA ratio into the positive.
**Meowmixx: To be honest, a lot of our GA are on defensive breakdowns and dumb puck handling in the defensive zone. Our rookie-ness shows there sometimes, and it's costly.
**CerpinTaxt: If the Caps came out and played their 1st period like they do the 2nd and 3rd, they would easily have 3 more win under their belt. But every game they come out like they haven't skated in a week. EVERY GAME. I don't know how they should fix it. Maybe make pregame warm ups 10 minutes longer? Caps dominated the 2nd and 3rd period last night until Nuevy gave up that soft goal, but you have to give it to the Flames for playing with more heart. They deserved it.
**CerpinTaxt: Errrr I will have to disagree with that. We definitely dominated the 2nd period, no argument. And the 3rd was all ours until Nuevy gave that bad goal half way through. But like I said you guys came out with heart and deserved it.
**kyleraymond123: i am a die hard caps fan and i have to say that that was a terrible first period. they played like they didn't even care if won or lose. Props to calgary though, they played great. the caps really need to pick up the defensive play if they wanna make the play offs.
**CerpinTaxt: lol yes he will. Do you watch him play? Do you look beyond the score? Probably not. Most goals scored on him are never his fault. Defense is what screws him. He has the attitude of a veteran out there: always calm and collected (except when he gets pulled from a game haha). Once our defense finds it's feet his numbers will rise like crazy, he does it every year.
**cgyokgn: Getting back from that l-o-n-g road trip and playing at home was what the doctor ordered. Good win for our boys... I'm sure they were determined not to let the Caps come back like they did in Washington. Interesting that we've scored 9 goals against the Caps. This is the first game where we also came out on the plus side on face-offs and SOG and gave up no PP goals. A step in the right direction. It was great to see GlenX finally get his 3rd goal... big load off his shoulders. Russell and Wideman were both +5 on the night - pretty impressive. Hopefully they and the rest of the defence can keep this up while we wait for Gio to return.
**HallofFlame: I distinctly remember 29 other team's fans bashing the Flames a year and a half ago during FA Frenzy for signing Wideman to $5.25 mil x 5 years, and Hudler to $4 mil x 4 year deals. Both have been lights out spectacular for the Flames since they've been signed. Funny how no one's talking about how bad their contracts are anymore.
**OV3CHK1NG: Terrible game tonight by the caps. Unacceptable the way they performed at the start of the game. I hope Mike Green's parents saw how great of a defenceman their son is. The guy just can't play defense. Where are all those koolaid drinking caps fans like CerpinTaxt? To them, the caps probably played a great game tonight and just faced a hot goalie right huh? This team is terrible defensively. Oates is making poor roster decisions like benching Grabovski and the "third" line when they should be rewarded for their great play. Going to be a long season.
**tenebri13: Well. Actually they're technically first. I wasn't sure what the graphic meant. Just combined points for 3 players, or combined points in lines. Cause the Sedins and Kesler don't play together, Malkin Sid and Kunitz don't play together and Thornton, Marleau, and Pavs don't play together unless it's the PP. So if it's by lines, they're first. If it's just a trio, they're 3rd.
**CerpinTaxt: This is why I can't take you serious. You just have knee jerk reactions. You assume I think every game we play is amazing. I have said multiple times are defense is not playing wellI have also said we are not even close to the best teams in the league. But you read what you want to read to make yourself feel happy.
**GoFGo: I specifically liked the play of ramo, wideman, russell, brodie, cammy, colborne, galiardi, stajan, glenny, hudler, monahan, baertchi, bouma tonight. Well I guess that made it a pretty good team game
**BruinInSeattle: Calgary is in a harder division than Washington. Calgary has played much better at home than on the road. And both teams had the same points over the same number of games played.
**NJDevils95-00-03: 'Your comment is awaiting moderation" Funny how the team all the "experts" picked to finish at or near the bottom is slowly becoming one of my favorite teams to watch after the Devils games end. Great effort tonight, big win for the Flames. I hope this team shoves it up Melrose's _____ and makes the playoffs this year. Sorry, had to censor myself.
**sigronr: Plays in ABB and learns the game. Think he will be ready soon. I think that Mac will be out at the end of this season. Nothing against him, but we look for a franchise goalie and i don't think he can be this goalie. Ramo and Berra have the potential to do so. Now i really think Ramo won the battle against Mac. HE got adjusted and makes some big saves. Let's see what happens. I really like the Flames this season!
RSS Feed
Twitter
Posted in
0 comments:
Post a Comment